Sign in to follow this  
Lincoln1stFJ

I need this statement explained.

Fair enough just saying that mysql can be used to get stat saving features

and my internet connection what im trying to say is that i cannot connect to your server there for it would please me if i could use this on lan but its not going to happen so :(

Good luck man - snobs take great pride in making other people bust. If you are not part of their inner circle you will only get to play for a short while before being banned for refusing to pay a 2000 ticket for making a u-turn in the middle of nowhere.

What a pathetic self-centered community they are.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

I have no idea what mySQl and your internet connection has to do with this topic, but I try to answer, but nvm.

We are not using mySQL and notwithstanding, we are able to save the stats. We are using the statssaving system since ArmA 1 and Sahrani Life version 1.40 (Friday, May 30th 2008, 9:30pm).

When it is that simple with mySQL, then enjoy the stat-saving on other servers!

Let me explain it to you.

You don't have to viciously control the mechanism that saves stats / settings.

A mySQL database could be setup that would allow other servers to access stats saving. This way your e-peen stays rubbery. It would also be theoretically less taxing on the server.

But that would make sense and why should we expect you and your community to do anything that makes sense and is not narcissistic?

Your attitude will mean the eventual death of your community.

nobody is denying that the mod makers did some real cool stuff with this, but to snub the entire Arma community and act like bratty babies, (No, its our toy and you cant play with it!), is so childish, so selfish, and completely disgusting.

In my opinion their behavior is a disgrace to themselves, and a real disservice to the community. Why even make the mod if your not going to share?

You would think they would be overjoyed to share their creation, but alas they are just bratts. If I was Bohemia, and I found out that they were profiting from their little brat club, I wouldnt hesitate, to sue, take ownership of their little mod, and release it for the community.

I mean people getting mad because others are enjoying themselves with something. This just goes against everything good in gaming.

Most mod makers want to share their work with the community.

Anyway good luck not sharing. At least you have your own server, as i have no doubt the majority of the community regards you as a turd.

When city life comes out noones gonna care about your dinky little mod anymore anyway.

This has gotten to be Fun reading but what is has done most of all is to raise the number of servers running the the other mission from one to six.

This has gotten to be Fun reading but what is has done most of all is to raise the number of servers running the the other mission from one to six.

An raise awarness that there is a wider RPG community within A2 that requires some love from developers.

...not control.

Personally I have no idea what IT is (RPG?-WTF!) but they wrote IT, they own IT, they have the ability to protect IT and, unless required by some prior license pertaining to work that they've modified or included there is no onus on them to release IT. I can well imagine that building a community around their server, their forums and their desired gameplay is the primary motivation to write such a thing in the first place. The last thing they probably want to do now is compete for an audience with a bastardised version of their own endeavours. Quit bleating and write your own.

I think this thread just demonstrates why it takes so much schooling to become a lawyer...

:rolleyes:

I think this thread just demonstrates why it takes so much schooling to become a lawyer...

:rolleyes:

I think it demonstrates how little people understand the legal system, and copyright.

This isn't a relevant discussion for copyright, or who legally owns what or legally has what rights. It's a conversation about authorship, which has been decided, discussed, and stated by BIS and Placebo many times. The minute people start talking about their legal rights/EULA's in this sort of discussion, it all becomes laughable. The only person with any EULA/copyright claim is BIS... and even then...

The RP-Mod team is the author of their work, and we, as a community, place a high value on someones moral right to claim their authorship of work... for better, for worse. You can pretty much do whatever you want in a private setting, with anything you buy or download. But as a community (i.e. these forums, community sites), if you don't respect an author's work then you will find life difficult.

We were told at the beginning of ArmA 1 and Sahrani Life, with our idea running this mission, we are doomed to failure.

What has a "open" mission to do with a running community? These are completely two different columns. :)

Unfortunately, because of some ppl are just reading the last three postings before they add their thoughts, I have to repeat again:

Everyone is free to play our mission. You have not and never (before) to pay money for it. We are not line one's pocket, even when someone is thinking this.

Everyone is free to see our cash book and bills and AFAIK we had never any complaints about money, except here in this forum.

Even when you guys want the code of our work, and you can even try to force it, we will never give it to you. :)

Why? Read your posts and threads and think about once again.

No one can force us to give away OUR code, even not BIS.

If you like our mission, you play it (again: for free). If not, then not.

You can even try to blame us, I will stay calm and we will keep this way -because it works since more than 5 years.

lol moral right?

Authorship?

The code was authored by BIS and arranged by some self-important developers with a stick up their ...well you know.

It's ok. We already have a stat saving prototype. Easier than I thought.

Before this goes even more out of hand I'm gonna close this.