Sign in to follow this  
Spec-Op1

edit an artillerie strike by request

Hello I have a big problem, because since a long time i´m trying the same thing like the guy in this video it dose:

but it don´t works on my computer

In the video he had placed a soldier, a M270 MLRS, two triggers and one SOM module and when he have started the game he pushed the space bar and he can request the artillerie strike

I dont know why it don´t works but i hope somebody can helpe me

could it be, that i have still the version 1.01

and i have just the keys F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6 for choice and not the F7 for Module

i have to use the key F1(unit) and select there the module

thx a lot

Sounds like you're missing the latest patch. I think the Module button is included with that. If you're using an unpatched German client that might be it.

I have the latest version and it doesn't work either, it says missiles are in bound but the trucks never fire them.

The module button came in 1.02, but they're still available. No reason not to patch, though. I can't get it to work, either. They say they're unable to fire on those co-ordinates, no matter where they are, or the arty piece, or the arty type.

If you zoom WAY out on the map while you're targeting you'll see a red circle. INSIDE that they can't target. Either use smaller weapons like M119s or M252 mortars or move your MLRS far far away. They simply can't target anything on Utes if you were using that as a test like I was.

The circles were actually around me, not the arty. Then I saved it and shut it down, went did something else and came back, loaded it up and everything worked fine - no changes. So confusing...

SOM module you sync with the player you want to have to option to call in your arti.

Label SOM Som1 or something

ARTI module you have sync with the highest ranking artillery piece. I label all pieces Corp.

Label ARTI module FIREHQ or something

Arti must be of the same kind, and all grouped

Radio triger set min;1, max;1, (forget last);1, with size being 0:0 eclipse/rectangle, and set to, multiple use, the last trigger you have to encircle your arti.

ensure you get you your script matched with correct labels, like the video show you.

I think I have it all, not sure, going off top of head at work.

Still not working has anyone got a working version they can upload.

I can't see why this is such a pain.

Hi, I have that setup working for you in a small example mission.

But I have no idead how I can upload the mission here.. can anyone help me with that?

I have the 3 m119's setup as the arty battery.

You can change them to something else if you want.

I also have example scenes with a virtual battery so you don't need to place an actuall battery somewhere on the map.

Hi, I have that setup working for you in a small example mission.

But I have no idead how I can upload the mission here.. can anyone help me with that?

I have the 3 m119's setup as the arty battery.

You can change them to something else if you want.

I also have example scenes with a virtual battery so you don't need to place an actuall battery somewhere on the map.

If you can just upload to sendspace no need to register but I think they need to be zipped, then post the link here.

Cheers.

Hi,

Ok, I've uploaded 2 examples for you.

-Artillery_test is the setup you see in the youtube video you posted. You can change the 119's for anything you want.. just make sure it's in range of where you want the shells to hit..

-All_support1 is an example of using virtual arty module.. and also included an Airstrike (CAS), transport request and supply drop. If you want you can also add the UAV support.

hope this helps.. If you have any questions .. just let me know..

the download link is http://www.sendspace.com/file/d4wnf1

cheers

Thanks Raven, it's very odd I replaced every trigger and module with the ones from your mission and it still failed to work.

Yours works every time weird. At least I can use yours as templates now thanks.