Sign in to follow this  
splatterdk

Arma 2 - For real?

Dear Bistudio.com

I've bought the game and played for two days, now I have come to a stop and decided to play another game instead. I have also decided to give you my reason for leaving this game, cause it could have been so great.

Overall: It's Very buggy, im running the Out of Box version and the newest version. The Performance is really bad, the game crash when i select a group and press "Move there". The game has been a nice browser, but joining the servers sucks, because of the slow DL of missions status and most of all the "server view" that makes no sense..

Graphic: Very bad performance eventhough my computer can run allmost every other game in HIGH, this game cant.

Sound: Its great, but the voice commands kinda makes no sense. By this i mean the "sentenses they use".

Im very sad to stop playing this game, but can't play a game that aint finished. Im also sorry to sit here and be hard on a game that have taken so long to develop, but maybe you should have waited with the release..

:bounce3: Cheers

The sounds for many weapons are the same and there are a lot of bugs. Graphically the only thing wrong is the grass not going beyond 50 meters.

hmm there may be no reason to flame this dude.

I'm sure he's just frustrated as hell and only needs to vent a little.

There is no denying that performance is totally ^ss-crap . I spent another 2 hours today browsing forums and f^cking with settings to see how on earth i could tone down the hard drive trashing a little bit.

It gets frustrating.

On this subject, this maxmem command is nice and all, but have any of you actually seen arma 2 use more than 1 GB of RAM actually ?

I'm on windows XP, and i cannot for the life of me get ram usage over 1.3 total .

WTF :mad: . Whenever i zoom into some buildings, it takes about 5 to 10 seconds to load some f^cking roof tiles.

My computer is not lame. It's an i7 at over 4 ghz, and 2 GTX285's XFX OC editions in SLI .

God i'm beginning to get seriously ILL of this f&cking sh^t myself to be honest.

aahhhh .... I feel much better now . :)

Missing you already! Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

There's already 116 pages here, where you should have put this, but the moderators always enjoy the same topics coming up over and over. I'm sure one of them will thank you.

Nice to see, allmost 90% of the people dont get the point!!!..

Anyways FACTS:

My system:

Intel Core 2 Quad (Yorkfield) Model Q9650 (3.0GHz) Clocked to 3.6 GHz

Corsair Twin3X 2x2048MB DDR3 DDR1333

Sata 2 Harddrive with 10k rpm

Graphic Card: Geforce XFX Geforce GTX295

See my point is not that this game is all crap.

No My point is that it aint finished at all.

As Game_On Wrote, i also searched for a few hours to find a tweak that actually made the game run well, but guess what.. CANT be found, you sure get around 50 fps. But sometimes it runs down to under 30. COME ON?

Also: The many bugs i've found, Shadows not showing correctly, Sounds not correct, and most of all the sentenses that makes no sense ingame.

I do like the idea of this game, and when i Installed it everything was great. But went on a multiplayer server and played for 5 hours and kinda just went... "What a shame"..

Im really looking forward to some updates that will make this game rock, cause the idea is great..

You'll be back splatterdk :D .

The game itself (gameplay and features) is god like, but performance and other issues are extremely frustrating.

But think about it like this, everybody has these issues so that should lighten the pain a bit :D

Just found this song on youtube, the lyrics are pretty hilarious, but accurate sadly :-)

You'll be back splatterdk :D .

The game itself (gameplay and features) is god like, but performance and other issues are extremely frustrating.

But think about it like this, everybody has these issues so that should lighten the pain a bit :D

Just found this song on youtube, the lyrics are pretty hilarious, but accurate sadly :-)

HAHAHAHA that youtube song sums this game up, I hope the song would make it to number one spot in the charts.

Edited by Jackdaniels

Great song.. anyways

Ignore the flames, it's just their nice little way of saying that if you post a post like this in the troubleshooting section then you're unlikely to get anyone, especially BIS, to care, but if you post it in the suggestion/general forums saying that you're annoyed that the game doesn't run well for you, then you may get some pity.

Sorry, have to always bold that comment now. Not targeted at you but at the other people who keep telling me that the game doesn't run well on all systems, even though it runs perfect on mine :)

Also: The many bugs i've found, Shadows not showing correctly, Sounds not correct, ..

I'm not having all the horrible experiences with ArmA as you, but to the 2 I quoted: I in fact seen a Stop sign that would not cast a shadow, and while observing that game stopper......a big bug flew into that sign........sheesh, where is the "thud" I thought.:rolleyes:

i'm not having all the horrible experiences with arma as you, but to the 2 i quoted: I in fact seen a stop sign that would not cast a shadow, and while observing that game stopper......a big bug flew into that sign........sheesh, where is the "thud" i thought.:rolleyes:

hahahaha!

lmao that song is so perfect.. and sadly so true... lmao that made my damn day

Threads like this make my heart sink, the man is correct, it IS a damn shame that arma 2 performs so badly for so many people. There are no other games like this game nor will there be so it is understandable that tensions can run high.

It is true that for a lot of people the game runs o.k., but for many more it does not and a lot of the time good for one person equals bad for another. BIS know, accept and try to remedy this yet the same people who crop up in these kinds of threads cannot (?) and instead bid theyre goodbyes to troubled users...very odd.

I myself am both excited and saddened by the game, it takes a certain amount of intelligence to be able to accept a works benefits and shortcomings at the same time but sadly that seems beyond the reach of the newly appointed guardians of troubleshooting.

As for it being a problem at 'his end', that does most likely contribute but does not change the fact that no mater how hard he tries he will not get the performance he desires. The limitations are with the engine not his hardware, people may need to accept that 20-30 FPS is good for this game.

I understand the plight, if I raise my view distance and video settings high I get 25 fps (well, 25fps on medium on vista, on high/very high on XP/Win7), and that's virtually unplayable, especially in close combat.

That said, BIS mentioned that they are releasing a patch in a few days that fixes and optimises many things, so all the people I've seen saying "BIS are doing nothing" after they said that a patch is coming in a few days, obviously don't read the forums.. or have very little patience.

Yeah i cant believe you got flamed dude,lol. Your not the only one not enjoying the crashes and glitchy experience , theres HEAPS of people not running the game properly, accept me. Im running the game fine, i love this game:):)

I myself am both excited and saddened by the game, it takes a certain amount of intelligence to be able to accept a works benefits and shortcomings at the same time but sadly that seems beyond the reach of the newly appointed guardians of troubleshooting.

Yeah, I've noticed this too. The presence of BIS's unsolicited basiji militia is strong in this forum. Better not say anything bad about the game or you'll catch a club in the eye.

Yeah, I've noticed this too. The presence of BIS's unsolicited basiji militia is strong in this forum. Better not say anything bad about the game or you'll catch a club in the eye.

Indeed, this game is far from perfect. Thats a fact. People have a right to complain, if i didnt like the series i sure as hell would complain, especially if my computer is way above the recommended specs and it didnt run properly.

The OP gave a fair review of the game, saying it could have been good and outlining the issues he/she has come across which have stopped him playing.

Fan boys: Sod off.

People have every right to complain... that said, they have every right to complain in the general/suggestion area, they have absolutely no right to complain in the troubleshooting forums.

If you had to use the bathroom 'cause you had a bad curry, you'd have every right to use the restaurants toilet, you wouldn't have the right to go in the kitchen.

Rules are rules. If you want to complain, that's fine, but do it within the forum rules.

Oh we're not losing another one that thinks a forward thinking s/w developer should drop by and personally teach someone how their computer works are we.

Sniff, Sniff.....Tear

People have every right to complain... that said, they have every right to complain in the general/suggestion area, they have absolutely no right to complain in the troubleshooting forums.

If you had to use the bathroom 'cause you had a bad curry, you'd have every right to use the restaurants toilet, you wouldn't have the right to go in the kitchen.

Rules are rules. If you want to complain, that's fine, but do it within the forum rules.

If I had bad curry, that restaurant had better not expect me to pay, or they'd be getting a visit from the local health authority.

BIS is getting off lightly, releasing an unfinished game and all. AND having the balls to charge full price.

BIS is getting off lightly, releasing an unfinished game and all. AND having the balls to charge full price.

I have to agree with this and even worse the Indian restaurant knew they were serving bad curry but did it anyway.

I am still hanging in there and wasting time on this game because I see the potential but it is wearing thin.

I am even planning on buying a new HDD just to install Win 7 in the hope that works which shows how keen I am.

I am praying that 1.03 fixes my issues or I think the game will be shelved, too much stress trying to get it to work.