Sign in to follow this  
Sgt.Rock27

Countermeasures!

Gentlemen,

First off, I'd like to say that my clan (=ST6=) and I are thoroughly pleased with this simulation! You guys have done an outstanding job! I can't think of one item that you have not covered or thought of from actual graphics to game play and teamwork. Outstanding! This is what brings me to my

point...Countermeasures. I have not been able to locate the keystroke that deploys the countermeasures. There are not too many things you guys have missed, but I am befuddled on this one. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks again.

Respectfully,

=ST6= Sgt.Rock

There are no counter measures currently in Arma 2. Im not sure why but It may be because the engine cannot distinguish between radar guided, wire guided, or heat seeking munitions.

There are no counter measures currently in Arma 2. Im not sure why but It may be because the engine cannot distinguish between radar guided, wire guided, or heat seeking munitions.

Just wait for RKSL teams port of their countermeasures AddOn. It was absolutely beautiful.

http://www.rkslstudios.info/projects/functions-a-systems/chaff-and-flares-system.html

If you haven't done so take a look at the rest of their stuff. Works of art.

Cool thanks...I can't believe that they actually missed this one, especially when I was sure that I just missed the read me or something and just never mapped it. Well, I look forward to the port of this add on, as I think it will make a great game...even that much better! Thanks.

Respectfully,

= ST6= Sgt.Rock

just gave me an idea, what about the community start to define in all addons whichever it is, and then only fire like flares on heat seeking, chaff on radar and none if wire/laser.. (could still have the launch detect and warning sounds).. like

isRadarGuided = true

isWireGuided = false

and so on?

thats the way indeed

Closing, not troubleshooting related.