Sign in to follow this  
thorhal

Sahrani Evolution!

ok great - but it will take a long time to upload 2gig+ to my dedi

its a win root? You could just install the yoma there and download all the stuff like wget, should be way faster then uploading all yourself.

Okay, I have woven in the instant recruit spawn script so no more dying AI recruits when they land.

OPFOR reinforcements don't seem to be working and I don't see any radio tower being spawned in town.

thorhal, are these the things you have yet to fix?

Okay, I have woven in the instant recruit spawn script so no more dying AI recruits when they land.

OPFOR reinforcements don't seem to be working and I don't see any radio tower being spawned in town.

thorhal, are these the things you have yet to fix?

radio towers are in and working (they may not decay when they are satcheled but you get the +10 points and it dissapears from the map.)

Iam not sure about the respawns, but I think they aren't working, I've sometimes seen a group of enemies near the reinforcement points but Iam not sure if it was just a coincident.

The problem is my lack of kowledge (and time :/ ) to fix those things, I just wanted to give other guys an easy opportunity to play with something on sahrani untill the real missions come out.

If you want you can send me the mission you made and I will upload/host it for you and edit into the first post.

greetings

ThorHal

Thx and lets hope it gets fixed soon by some people with that knowledge =)

Anyone getting a message on the menu after you select the mission saying

You cannot play/edit this mission because it relys on downloadble content which has been deleted.oac_core

Cant Razzle my head around this!

I think you need to download the 255MB opx, too. Link is in the 1st thread.

Anyone getting a message on the menu after you select the mission saying

Cant Razzle my head around this!

the file thats missing is located in the CAA1 addon you should make sure that the CAA1 download is in the right directory and the file itself is there. if not check your virtual store file, see if the caa1 addon file is there (file should be called x) and cut and paste the file to your main directory i.e c:\program files\bohemia interactive\arma2\

you can find virtual store here

C:\Users\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\

if that doesnt work try redownloading the files again follwing the op guide to the letter. Or pm me with your emaill address and ill send you the file you need.

Edited by teaboy

Can I edit the mission file to Unlock for vehicles airplanes etc? I have Steam Version of the game.

I have opened the .pbo file but it looks crazy where do i edit it?

hey, I can t get that to work. The "this" link is broken. I think it is yoma ?

ok, I see the New Server button. When I click it it deletes all on the form.

But where is that AutoConfig URL box ?

unbenannt2ump.th.jpg

Fixed OP for missing yoma link.

@Connor, follow the guide step by step, all should be working.

@Imatek

Change in init.sqf:

BIS_EVO_rank1 = 10;
BIS_EVO_rank2 = 30;
BIS_EVO_rank3 = 60;
BIS_EVO_rank4 = 100;
BIS_EVO_rank5 = 150;
BIS_EVO_rank6 = 200;

to:

BIS_EVO_rank1 = 0;
BIS_EVO_rank2 = 0;
BIS_EVO_rank3 = 0;
BIS_EVO_rank4 = 0;
BIS_EVO_rank5 = 0;
BIS_EVO_rank6 = 0;

@ph00nix

You somehow managed to grab a version of yoma I don't know. Check the OP again for the new link.

Hey guys,

I think I got this working but for some reason the Evo maps from 1st page does'nt show up when I try to host. I put it in my Arma2OtherProfiles/Kirk/MPMissions an also in my ArmA directory MP Missions. Not sure what I may have done other than that. I show the map TChenarusland or somthing but no Evo maps for Sahrani. Any help?

Thanx.

Ok I'm a noob 80 I can get the Avangi an Afgan Vill to work but not Sahrani Evo what am I doing wrong? Is there a specific folder in the Caa1 that i need to place em?

Edited by Call_911
error

Hey guys,

I think I got this working but for some reason the Evo maps from 1st page does'nt show up when I try to host. I put it in my Arma2OtherProfiles/Kirk/MPMissions an also in my ArmA directory MP Missions. Not sure what I may have done other than that. I show the map TChenarusland or somthing but no Evo maps for Sahrani. Any help?

Thanx.

Ok I'm a noob 80 I can get the Avangi an Afgan Vill to work but not Sahrani Evo what am I doing wrong? Is there a specific folder in the Caa1 that i need to place em?

Arma2/MPMissions is where you place the mission itself.

Try checking if you can see the sahrani island when going to the editor if not you did something wrong, try doing the guide from the beginning step by step.

Okies ty yeah alls i see is Avangi an Afgan Vill. I'll try tomorrow gettin late here. An my Avangi looks nice in A2 did'nt look at Afgan vill nice job on this will let ya know if i get it working. later on once I get my server bugs out I my host it on my dedi.

Ok thanks for the reply again I ahev the steam version of the game and here are my issues?

1. I can not find the location of init.sqf under the steam folder structure. I can find the arma2 files but a bunch of PBo's etc so please advise where this file is?

2. Is this mod for multiplayer?

3. I have some mods VOP sounds2.1, Littlebirds, f16 plane, and another helicopter. They all came with the signed server bickey key but everytime I go to a server i get errors because of the mods so I assume they do not allow that on their servers?

Note: I had to add the mods to my steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\Addons folder because they would not work adding them to the shortcut like they say -mod=mod1;@mod2;@mod3 this would not work with the steam install of the game, but the mods do work the way I did it, but this limits meI guess if a server does not have or allow that mod right?

4. Is it best to have the actual non steam version of the game?

5. Servers: Can I host my own server, well yes I know I can but where do i get the server files to host a server?

6. Lastly with the mods I have or if I want to play this sahrani map what servers do people with mods play oin any?

7. If i have mods just dropped in the addons folder as stated above like the VOPsounds for example will they automatically work? I mean im not sure if the sound mod is woeking or not... also so if that is true and I play say sahrani with the vopsopunds work?

Thanks

Edited by IMATEK

Ok thanks for the reply again I ahev the steam version of the game and here are my issues?

1. I can not find the location of init.sqf under the steam folder structure. I can find the arma2 files but a bunch of PBo's etc so please advise where this file is?

2. Is this mod for multiplayer?

3. I have some mods VOP sounds2.1, Littlebirds, f16 plane, and another helicopter. They all came with the signed server bickey key but everytime I go to a server i get errors because of the mods so I assume they do not allow that on their servers?

Note: I had to add the mods to my steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\Addons folder because they would not work adding them to the shortcut like they say -mod=mod1;@mod2;@mod3 this would not work with the steam install of the game, but the mods do work the way I did it, but this limits meI guess if a server does not have or allow that mod right?

4. Is it best to have the actual non steam version of the game?

5. Servers: Can I host my own server, well yes I know I can but where do i get the server files to host a server?

6. Lastly with the mods I have or if I want to play this sahrani map what servers do people with mods play oin any?

7. If i have mods just dropped in the addons folder as stated above like the VOPsounds for example will they automatically work? I mean im not sure if the sound mod is woeking or not... also so if that is true and I play say sahrani with the vopsopunds work?

Thanks

First of: I dont use the Steam version but I'll try to answer your questions.

1. you'll need an PBOExtractor (google), then u'll see the init.sqf

(extract the .pbo)

2. Its fully working in multiplayer

3. Create an folder named @blabla (choose whatever you want) in your arma2 root directory, in that folder create another folder named Addons. Put all Addon pbos in there (like your f16 and stuff)

In Steam where you choose Arma2 there will be an option for start parameters (right click on arma2, dunno where exactly but its there), there you can add all the params like -mod=@blabla

4. Well, I dont know, I think you can do all the same as the none steam version, maybe a little more complicated.

5. for dedicated add -dedicated as start param

6. There are some servers that allow addons, dunno atm about any dedicated Sahrani Evo server (saw some popping up a few days ago)

7. If the server allows addons this works, if you're playing solo it will work 100%.

Greetings

new version, will update Mainthread when my Host gets out of that DDos Attack

so long RS link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/266259359/SahraniEvoV0.1d.rar

My host recovered form the DDOS (updated OP):

Sahrani Evolution Mission 0.1d

Changes:

New Toy to play with!

-FLIR by Gachopin

Added an FLIR (Thermal View BW/WB), for some Vehicles (AH1Z, M1AX, TOW-HMMVW) only Gunners can use it, if you're playing alone without an player driver you might want to change some keys (you'll see).

-Reinforcements should work now(Enemy ones).

-Time is running.

The Clock in ticking again, yay!

-Some minor tweaking.

Still need help with those reinforcements (T Menu), they still die sometimes.

Anyone can tell me how to let them spawn directly instead of the para drop?

Edited by thorhal

Still need help with those reinforcements (T Menu), they still die sometimes.

Anyone can tell me how to let them spawn directly instead of the para drop?

I have been able to alter the scripts to do this based on another version of Evolution currently being played. Got a few other things to do tonight but will either post the changes here or upload revised scripts later tonight. :D

Hello

I want to try this mission. When I try to load it, error message appear "No player selected" (or something like this). Am I missed something?

Hello

I want to try this mission. When I try to load it, error message appear "No player selected" (or something like this). Am I missed something?

Please read the first post. And where exactly did you get this Message? (it can only popup in editor).

@KaBonG

please share :)

thanx for fasat response. To be honest I cannot see information in 1st post to load this mission into editor. I can see it in Single player missions and this is a place where I starting it from.

I've tried to load it into editor but I don't know how- I'm noob on this.

best regards

thanx for fasat response. To be honest I cannot see information in 1st post to load this mission into editor. I can see it in Single player missions and this is a place where I starting it from.

best regards

Go to Multiplayer -> And start a new Lan Server, there you can play it. Its not really made for Singleplayer.

best regards

Google for a tool called 'Eliteness' or 'CPBO' that is the little tool you need to unpbo the mission pbo.

Then place resulting mission folder in mydocument/armaname/missions then it will appear in the editor. :cool: