Sign in to follow this  
thorhal

Sahrani Evolution!

Disclaimer: I did just port this Mission and just changed Vehicle Spawns and Missions Objectives, this Mission is based on EvolutionUSMC 08 by [GNC]Lord-MDB (at least I think so, iam not sure though).

Ok, here we go:

What do you need?

Of course the caa1 Addon. For those who do not have it already heres a litte setup guide:

Download: This, unzip and install it. It will ask you for your Arma Paths, enter your paths (if you don't got arma1 just enter the paths of Arma2). After that look for a Button called "New Server", click it and look for the AutoConfig URL box: paste this:

http://caa1.arma-creations.com/yas/caa1/caa1.7z

in there and click on "Import Server" jsut next to it. Now get back to where you hit "New Server", the server you added should be visible now, double click it. On the top look for the Download Addons - Tab, then click "Check for Addons", let it connect to the server and verify the files you need (this may take a little bit), when its done just click on "Download Addons". Let it finish the downloads (approx. 2gig).

-opx pbos, Download this(255mb) for those who can't read german direct link. Download and open the archive.

Unzip these files and theire .bisigns: opxbuilding.pbo, opxmisc.pbo, opxplants.pbo, opxroads.pbo to: "arma2/x/caa1/addons/" just where the caa1 files are.

-mod call shortcut: create shortcut to your arma2.exe and add the mod launch option for example: "D:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=x\caa1;x\oac\oac_core -world=empty

-Sahrani Evolution Mission initial relase, ranks don't work.

-Sahrani Evolution Mission 0.1b, ranks are back again. (somehow copied the wrong link, now its right...)

-Sahrani Evolution Mission 0.1d, added FLIR and some minor stuff (check page 5).

And thats it.

Its not perfect at all, its a core setup and running, I actually made this only for my personal use, there were no missions to be found for sahrani in ArmaII so I just wanted a Mission to kill some time, but this all worked out so well that I wanted to inform the public about it and share.

Goal: Pick this mission, modifiy it, fix it. I just want to give you an easy opportunity to get things started on Sahrani in Arma II. I don't have the time to fix prolly anything, and I only know of two things that need fixing right now, the rest should work fully. If you want to modify it, feel free too if you would like to give credit just keep my flag in there, but thats not neccassary.

Known Issues:

The first time you open the "T"-Menu you get an error, click it away and it won't pop up for the rest of the game, Iam no expert at editing, so no clue where to fix this.

The vechicle PickUp scipt seems broken, if someone could take a look into it, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks to:

caa1 Mod project @ Devheaven click

[GNC]Lord-MDB

and prolly alot of more people who worked on this stuff that I don't know of.

Now guys, have fun! (Feel free to ask here, if you want to know about the markers or any other stuff I could have learned from porting this)

Greetings

ThorHal

Edited by thorhal
updated version 01b (/me fails in putting the link right..)

Some files arnt working

Follow the guide one by one, a friend just did this yesterday and it worked like a charm.

Downloading cant wait to try, thanks alot man. BTW what this diferent than the Evolution USMC 08?

Edited by fidai

Downloading cant wait to try, thanks alot man. BTW what this diferent than the Evolution USMC 08?

Well, its a complete other Map, no laggy Chernorus anymore! While I get like 5-18fps on chernarus, I get like 40 on High settings with this one and it looks just awesome, even while hosting.

Cant Find Downloaded Folders

Dont worry found it in my virtualstore so much for windows 7

Edited by knicked

Cant Find Downloaded Folders

Dont worry found it in my virtualstore so much for windows 7

Iam also using win7 and had no problems, all the files we're placed just right.

I have it working and it looks nice and way smoother than chernarus. so I tried hosting online a lot of people tried joining but couldn't due to some files that has been deleted or something. Do other players that want to join need to go to the same process to be able to join?

Most probably piggly because its a whole new map remember

Yeah I was thinking along the same line. Oh well, I guess I have to enjoy playing it alone when I host it. It just look nice

I have it working and it looks nice and way smoother than chernarus. so I tried hosting online a lot of people tried joining but couldn't due to some files that has been deleted or something. Do other players that want to join need to go to the same process to be able to join?

yes, they will need the caa1 addon and the opx files.

I am playing Sahrani Evo Blue and every time I die I lose my weapon. Is there a way to change that? Cause when I host it that is too much of an inconvenience. Some of my buddies downloaded it and we are enjoying this map except for the weapon issue. Server name is Sahrani in Arma2 4 players in Asia.

be sure to download the -Sahrani Evolution Mission 0.1b, one. Weapon saves are definatly working on that one.

I have place new ammo boxes in and around the spawn area to alleviate this problem, but still annoying not being able to save weapon loadout. I wish their is a way around this issue.

Quick thanks to the OP - it's going to be hella fun for my pals and I to tinker with these new maps. Looking forward to some missions/campaigns designed for these which are compatible with ARMA2!

Thanks for doing this. I am also fiddling with it now.

Is there a fix yet for your parachuting recruits dying when they land?

Thanks for doing this. I am also fiddling with it now.

Is there a fix yet for your parachuting recruits dying when they land?

I think thats a general problem of the script, someone did a instant spawn script (without parachute drop) thingy for evo blue, you can try integrating that.

I got sahrani island installed fine, but this mission won't run on my dedi server - it just throws me back to the mission select screen. Any ideas?

Running Mission version 0.1b

Iam not sure about dedicated servers, but did you use a mod call in the shortcut? The server also needs to load the caa1/opx files addons just like the client.

EDIT:

Just tried it, worked fine, this is the shortcut I used:

"D:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=x\caa1;x\oac\oac_core -world=empty -server

Edited by thorhal

ah i see ;)

tell me when you're set, Ill join for a round.