Sign in to follow this  
SirElxx

How do I make a dedicated server?

So I was just wondering how to make a dedicated server, im sort of new to this so I would appreciate it if you were specific with answers. Im looking to run two servers at once, one passworded training server and one public Domination server.

Here is the basic information I need for the server:

Server Name: www.94thID.webs.com

Max Players: 16

Map: co30_Domination_1_00A2T10_West

Edited by SirElxx

Like I was saying, im new to making dedicated servers. I got it to work but I don't know how to change any options. Heck, I don't even know what's going on. I ran the dedicated server program and a small window popped up:

Untitled-1copy.jpg

Seriously? Did you not even try the 'search' feature, or even 'google'? There are sooo many topics and wikis on this...

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Dedicated_Server

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/files/tutorials/dedicated/

Dedicated Server how to

And so many more. These moderators are busy enough dealing with where's the patch posts... If you can't look up a few things on your own you shouldn't even attempt to run a server.

/rant

sorry :confused:

Oh my god! I used the one on the Wiki and as you can see in the picture, I don't really know what's going on!

Might I suggest reading up on the server information a little more, keeping your questions in one post/thread (that's a rule here anyways), and using a little trial and error to diagnose your problems. You are asking the most basic of questions which are explained in great detail in those links we have replied with.

Then when you have more advanced questions, people will be more willing to help, rather than explaining the same basic things over and over.

I'm not trying to be rude at all, I would like to help actually, but you have to put forth a little effort too.

Good luck and hope to see your server online.