Sign in to follow this  
B-oodThorn

SP/COOP Mission - Operation Viper

Operation Viper v1.03

Mission

Team Viper consists of Russias top four OPFOR spetsnaz operatives who must penetrate CDF Forces lines,complete set tasks to prevent CDF Forces from building there rogue army.

spets1.jpg

night-1.jpg

bikes.jpg

Features

• 1-4 Players
  • UPS Patrols
  • Vehicle Patrols
  • Usable Vehicles Include - Boats,Bikes and Cars
  • MineField
  • Artillery Strikes
  • Ammo Resupply (all weapons available)
  • Respawn
  • Weapon Respawn
  • Day to Night Cycle
  • 9 tasks

Download v1.03 -

1.03 Changelog

• Removed First Aid Module (bugged)
  • Removed Clear Corpse Script (caused floating bodys)
  • Added Snipers and Marksman
  • Increased Soldier Patrols
  • Added BRDM Patrols
  • Adjusted AI Positioning (increased mission difficulty)
  • Increased AI Skill Level
  • Adjusted Minefield (too easy to pass)
  • Added Civilian Boats

Edited by B|oodThorn

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

4919705.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=multi&game=1&id=110][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/4919705.gif][/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=110]DOWNLOAD - Operation Viper (v.1.0) - [385 KB] from ArmedAssault.info[/url][/spoiler]

Fantastic misson, had a real blast playing this online! I love the respawn-where-you-died for continuous action - superb stuff!

More! More!

Thanks Mandrake5 for the feed back....ive finally got around to testing map and im currently working on alot of fixes.

Found a bug - after you destroy the bridge, it becomes a 'trap' so anybody who walks on it gets stuck permanently (even after respawn/rejoin).

Still loving this mission!

Cheers

Updated the Coop mission to v1.01

Changelog -

Added Weather Module

Added Weapon Respawn

Added NV googles for medic

Added more patrols in city areas

Expanded mine field

Added vehicle location map markers

Fixed some script errors

Updatd SP mission to v1.01

Edited by B|oodThorn

damn, really want to test new version, but for some reason it crashes my server... :confused:

damn, really want to test new version, but for some reason it crashes my server... :confused:

There was a file missing,redownload from 1st post

Edited by B|oodThorn

Very nice mission 3 of us played it and we all enjoyed it. We still had some way to go. Action is great well thought out thank you

Very nice mission 3 of us played it and we all enjoyed it. We still had some way to go. Action is great well thought out thank you

Thanks Gear-Za for your kind words,let me know of any bugs that need fixing or improvements youd like to see ;).

Best small group co-op I've played yet. It has a good length, and well done objectives. Seems very professional, other guys said they wouldn't mind playing it over again. We skipped some land parts when we hopped in the kamov, but landed to go through the minefield, which ended up not working well since we wrecked the bikes half-way through. It would be really dramatic if like 5 minutes after you kill the officer, a ton of troops spawn, and artillery randomly hit the water, but stops when you call in the artillery strike. The only thing that was wrong with it for me was that the intro that says Operation Viper by BT shows up halfway offscreen (I play at 16:9 widescreen).

Best small group co-op I've played yet. It has a good length, and well done objectives. Seems very professional, other guys said they wouldn't mind playing it over again. We skipped some land parts when we hopped in the kamov, but landed to go through the minefield, which ended up not working well since we wrecked the bikes half-way through. It would be really dramatic if like 5 minutes after you kill the officer, a ton of troops spawn, and artillery randomly hit the water, but stops when you call in the artillery strike. The only thing that was wrong with it for me was that the intro that says Operation Viper by BT shows up halfway offscreen (I play at 16:9 widescreen).

Thanks for your input TCP....the mine field is passable but you do need to pick the correct route,the mines are set to kill humans but not humans in or on vehicles which i think is reasonable,the bikes should assist you through the minefield.

The intro ive not tested on a smaller screen,i will adjust the parameters and hopefully it will work on a smaller screen resolution in the next update v1.02

I will look into your idea of " 5 minutes after you kill the officer, a ton of troops spawn, and artillery randomly hit the water, but stops when you call in the artillery strike"

Many thanks

BT

Any chance of a new option to play with first aid module or revive? I dont mean replace the current respawn system, just as an option at setup? Maybe it would be best if you still respawn if nobody revives you, after say a 90 second delay?

Just an idea :p

Edited by Mandrake5

Bit of feedback for you - myself and 2 pals played it tonight, and had a pretty good time. Thanks a million for taking the time to put such a comprehensive mission together. We got about half way through before having to save as the night was getting too late.

A couple of areas that could do with a polish:

1.) Performance. Around the train bridge area at the start, and then the AA gun, as host I was getting horrible performance. It cleared up after that small town, and remained fine while we did the arty strike. Hopefully it'll stay fine further on in the mission.

2.) It doesn't really feel authentic - more of an action movie style. Not a criticism as such, just an observation, as I know that's the feel some folks desire.

Keep up the good work - we're looking forward to finishing this mission off soon!

The game crashes everytime you try and load a save in sp. Good mission but impossible to play like that

The game crashes everytime you try and load a save in sp. Good mission but impossible to play like that

Thanks for that,ive removed SP from main post until i can find a fix for it.

*Updated Coop to version 1.02*

(not tested with patch 1.03)

Cheers

Edited by B|oodThorn

* Updated Coop to version 1.03*

1.03 Changelog

• Removed First Aid Module (bugged)
  • Removed Clear Corpse Script (caused floating bodys)
  • Added Snipers and Marksman
  • Increased Soldier Patrols
  • Added BRDM Patrols
  • Adjusted AI Positioning (increased mission difficulty)
  • Increased AI Skill Level
  • Adjusted Minefield (too easy to pass)
  • Added Civilian Boats

All feedback welcome!

Edited by B|oodThorn

Played Viper this evening with 2 mates. Overall very nice. A couple of points.

The task list seems to copy itself to itself every time, so at the end of the mission, the list of tasks if all ticked, but below is the same list.. the further you look down it, the less the tasks are crossed off.

I was medic and could only drag AI. Couldn't drag human players.

Played Viper this evening with 2 mates. Overall very nice. A couple of points.

The task list seems to copy itself to itself every time, so at the end of the mission, the list of tasks if all ticked, but below is the same list.. the further you look down it, the less the tasks are crossed off.

I was medic and could only drag AI. Couldn't drag human players.

Hi Tankbuster

Try version 1.3,in that version ive removed the medic module (couldnt get it to work correctly) and the tasks should be fixed.

Cheers

Hey, bug report.

Was just playing this coop.

The two times we tried, the mission completed for no reason. The first was just after ambushing the colonel. The second time we were on our way to the bridge when it completed, saying all the tasks were fulfilled. I haven't seen anyone else post about it, so I personally have no idea what happened. Any ideas?

Hi BloodT just been playing your excellent SP (Only started playing the Sim a few days ago and CANT go back to the main campaign...) so far no bugs which is NOT surprising as its a blast to play with enjoyable set pieces.

Very professionally done matey.

Will get around to MP one day....

TcM

:yay::yay::yay:

Hi.

Nice and very fun mission BUT we had really big problems to trigger the two artillery strikes (playing in MP with 3 players, no dedicated server). The first strike we could circumvent by just blowing all the masts with satchel charges but the last on (Hiroshima) seems to be unable to complete.

How do you trigger the Com Stations? We've tried everything but to no avail....

BR