Sign in to follow this  
Rhodesy77

Project Aus

more pics (if this is against forums rules or something let me know, ie double posting with updates, bumping the thread)

more landy work, really just doing it to get me back into modeling, only ever done really basic things.

arma22009-08-1121-24-10-10.jpg

arma22009-08-1121-24-28-54.jpg

arma22009-08-1219-04-05-24.jpg

and a very early WIP of the kiowa, now i KNOW that its being replaced by the ARH Tiger, yet for the mod it will be in, as it gives another option to Aus forces, plus who knows wat us aussies would buy if we got involved in a full blown war.

arma22009-08-1211-44-35-79.jpg

also would like to welcome a new member of the team, A6-intruder, or on these forums "vmaclan", he will be starting some projects for us very soon, and i for one cant wait to see wat he can do.

Cheers

Rhodesy

Nice pictures! However, make sure they are smaller than 100kB each, or Placebo will come and get you ;)

I'm interestined in the Kiowa having converted that to arma2 currently in a beta release.

kiowafinal.jpg

Within the release I already made is two versions:

Bonus 2 x Aussie camo versions

2 x Hellfire, 1 x XM296 .50 Cal. (12.7-mm) machine gun

1 version unarmed

Aussie Camo Textures thanks to MitchArma

Rather than re-invent the wheel, I see your using a different camo scheme on the BIS model I converted which is cool, maybe you should me a PM and we can talk about including this scheme on the next Kiowa release.

I've already made a full Aussie version with no MMS(Mast Mounted Sight) and two bladed main rotor.

Southy

Edited by Eble

southy mate, main reason for the OH58 reskin of mine was to get it to the colours that our other helo's are using, and to add details we want, also im very interested in that aussie oh58 lol, but i also want to keep one with the MMS and hellfires just to give more options to the aussies, dunno how we can work this out, maybe if i just forward my textures onto you with some info on some things, then u could wack it all together? lol idk

and also very interested in the F111, even though its being cut very soon. once again if your willing ill forward onto you some info (PBO. naming and all that)

Cheers

Rhodesy

rhodesy iv'e done some aussie commandos based off force recon if you want to have a look and use them possibly?

yer by all means ill have a look mate, feel free to PM me some screenies or a link or something, always welcome for more community help :)

Rhodesey, would you please (pretty please) consider an ArmA1 release for your Landies - they are too great!

Thanks mate, never hurts to ask I guess ;)

Stew

haha, il keep it in mind mate, once i get the A2 stuff done, and finish phase 1 of the mod ill prolly do a quick and dirty port of the basic stuff :) just for u :P

Thanks Rhodesey - you're the best! :)

@meat

ahh yer maybe down the track, we have a SR90 in the works, but yer will prolly get around to a AW50 in the later stages.

btw all work on this is still going at it, just some slow downs to lack of time. but all is good.

updates to come soon enough

haha ive been watching that island for a very long time mate :P cant wait for it.

question, hows the middle/northen parts going? nice red earth? i can see some really nice missions comeing from this lol, i may even (if i get some spare time) make some indo insurgent units and vehicles, will have to see wat happens :) since we need some local opfor for us aussies.

Redish/orange desert textures, sand areas as well as rock formations. Also has dry seasonal river beds. Really looking forward to your mod, I've been hoping someone would start a Ausmod. Can you make up some bogan units and we can have a ball, "bogans ransack gun shop in Broken hill" type misions..LOL

When you start coloring your units, I could send you the colors we used for the outback areas, would they be any help too match the colors for Camo?

Edited by Aussie

well i was thinking of making some small extra units that could be NORFORCE units, that would just have a redish tinge to the AUSCAM, that would just be that red earth dust, and some landy's covered in that red shit.

Early WiP of the M113AS4

wip.jpg

Cheers

Rhodesy

P.S. dont supose anyone out there likes UV mapping?

haha damn.... seriously youd think they would of come up with a better way to do it haha...

Looking very nice.

For those who are interested you can see and handle a steyr and FAL to your hearts content and look at the minimi and every other weapon you can imagine at the Lithgow small arms museum, along with about 1000 pistols and talk to some retired gents who have made every kind of gun bullet knife tank tread etc known to man in their earlier years (they now volunteer as guides)

http://www.lithgow-tourism.com/samuseum/index.html

very off topic, but if you need inspiration this will do it for you :)

Hey all, been awhile so thought id give a lil update, ive just started working again, so been pressed for time, but ive been hard at work on our Auscam units, original models and textures go to STALKERGB and Couger (for main player model) and Binkowski for the helmet and some smaller things.

all config work and new texture + model work has been done by myself.

atm as you'll see they are only armed with US M4's + M249 and so on, as im having trouble geting the F88's in game, so if anyone is willing to work on our weapon pack your help would be a god send, as ive never worked with weapons b4.

and once we get the basic weapon pack done (F88's + F89 Minimi) i plan to release the troops just to get something out to u all, next planned to come is the landrovers and MRH90 and maybe some more vehicles.

anyway here are the pics, Enjoy.

arma22009-09-0423-49-49-48.jpg

arma22009-09-0423-50-12-07.jpg

arma22009-09-0423-50-28-45.jpg

arma22009-09-0423-51-05-87.jpg

arma22009-09-0423-51-58-09.jpg

Cheers

Rhodesy

EDIT: also sorry for the low quality, just took these then after some testing, in the next few days ill forward the pack onto a mate who has a decent rig to get some nice screenshots =)

ok finaly got the colours to the point where im happy with them, so thought id give u all a higher quality pic than the last few (be happy cus i only had 3 fps while taking these! :P)

arma22009091610435885.th.png

PA troops - Alpha 0.15, PA MRH90 - Alpha 0.56

Two things wrong with that pic, first that guy has broken his leg, second, it shows a disproportionate amount of blacks to whites. But looks cool, I like the NH90, looks hawt.

second, it shows a disproportionate amount of blacks to whites.

Uh ohhhh.... <ducks behind couch before things take off> :couch: