soul_assassin

ArmA2 Modding Toolbox for 3ds max V1.1

have you tried exporting without textures and materials?

Yup..it seems exporting with Textures/Materials causing problem.. :confused:

Solution?..

sounds like a supershader problem, and aside from removing them all and redoing them like in the video (remember you have to have ALL texture slots assigned) I don't see what I can do for you. I promise that in future versions I will drastically improve error handling, so you can know exactly what the problem is.

Hmm..

TBH i didn't use ALL shader slots.

I m missing the DT texture.. (i m using -only-the 4 textures produced by Crazy Bump)

I will make some tests and coming back ;)

Really thanks for support so far :)

EDIT

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it was my-missing-texture!!

Thanks Superman :D

Edited by GiorgyGR

to be on the safe side use TGA textures and put them in the final project folder: "P:\my_addon\" whatever

hi, i worked regularly on 3d 2009 on WinXP 32bit. Now i have a win764bit and i can't see the 3dtool on both 3ds 2009 32 and 64. Any suggest?

Sorry if someone has posted the same request and i have not reed...

You have to install it:

http://sparrowstudio.net/armavdv/toolbox/install.html

Follow the instructions there on that video. Or just read everything on the first page of this thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=82188

oooooo shit! i became toooo old for this job! I have worked with your tool for months and when i have re-installed it ... i have forgot one step!...i became too old for this job, too old...thanks mate:)

Is there a way known that allows you to export 2 Uv Channels out of 3d max?

Is there a way known that allows you to export 2 Uv Channels out of 3d max?

It should theoretically allow you to export up to 8 uv channels. I remember putting that in.

I don´t used this tool often cause of the troubles and errors it makes, only interesting stuff for me is the mor than 1 uv map export.

All my Models lets popup the error the Geometry is not correct check it blah.

But they are correct and they haven´t any textures on.

Only things i can export are new created objects and sometimes parts of the Models, if i select a similiar object next to it and even it´s a clone it works on some Models and on others not.

Even scenes i exported ones, i believe with the old version don´t work anymore =D

Edited by Kraetzer

from 2010 to 2012 afaik. Surely with 2011 and 2012

Soul Assassin, how come there is no import function for non-binarized p3d's? Or at least individual lods...

Importing a skeleton from 3ds does not preserve the named selections and the bone hierarchy...

По руÑÑки?

that would mean easier export of BIS mlods to different other engines, etc...

Binarized p3d's was in place to prevent people from doing that, I thought.

But honestly if someone wants to rip a model it is a lot easier to use <censored>, than trying to learn Tools provided with the game. Most game SDK's come with some source content and a way to port it to MAX or Maya.

Edited by W0lle

i am not saying it isn't possible, on the contrary. I am saying why SA choose not to include this feature in the public release. It's his tools, he gets to choose.

A different approach had Leopotam with his blender tools. You can use that to import p3ds directly in Blender 2.5+ and then get them to max if you really need to.

Yeah most SDKs do that. A2 one is doesn't really provide all the tools needed for 3rd party software or industry standards (max/maya). So unless BIS changes their approach there, you are left with the tools provided by the community, the way they want them to do it.

Whereas I understand how useful it would have been to many addonmakers, it was not released due to concerns of model theft.

Now we need instructions for installation into 3DSMax 2013. I got it working but not without copying files everywhere I could. LOL

Now we need instructions for installation into 3DSMax 2013. I got it working but not without copying files everywhere I could. LOL

Not really, the instalation process should be exactly the same as for max 2012 (the one the tut video is made for).

I personally haven't tested it with 2013, but there shouldn't be a reason for it not to work, even with the under the hood changes from 2012 to 2013.