soul_assassin

ArmA2 Modding Toolbox for 3ds max V1.1

guess that means not even google wants him to rip/steal the work of others. can we end this sillyness now please?

yeah this my commnet why ?problem ? this comment 1 moon

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Project Reality some people did do something to modify the arma 2 and battlefiled 2. This 1st best mod on battlefield 2. Bohenia interactive, people can take what I want to get the game bought footer am away, I can use what I like

Can you use this too? Its mine and its open for everyone.

exit10.jpg

Bohenia interactive, people can take what I want to get the game bought footer am away, I can use what I like

No you can not take what you want. You bought a license to use the game, you do not own the content. Learn the difference, and learn it quick.

No you can not take what you want. You bought a license to use the game, you do not own the content. Learn the difference, and learn it quick.

Exactly, you only have purchased the ability to run the game. Ripping out content and using it it is still a crime if you do not have permission from the IP owner. Unless BIS releases the MLODS from A2/OA publicly, or gives you explicit permission, you are NOT legally allowed to rip and use content from the game, and the same applies to mods as well. Even if that does happen, you still have to obey the Terms of Use of those assets. If you were to violate that, you would get in really hot legal water really fast. That could very easily end in being in a prison cell with a big man named Bubba doing things to you that you probably won't enjoy against your will.

In short, don't steal others work. It's not right, and it's illegal. Learn to make 3d models yourself. Just ripping things and taking it to use it elsewhere only pisses people off in the end, and can get you in serious trouble.

Edited by th3flyboy

I'm finally getting around to trying out your tool and it looks to be very very fun and helpful..right now I'm experimenting with baking ambient occlusion but I've run into a strange..problem.

I made a UV of my abrams turret and when I tried to bake OA nothing appeared except for on the cannon, after flattening the UV's on the turret (though now more messy) it worked.

I took the top of the turret from that UV and disconnected it from the body, then took one of it's slat sides and Re-uv'd it myself...the two are side by side and UV'd BUT when I bake only the turret top has the AO, whenever I join the two the top no long receives AO..exmaple.

Since a picture may be more clear and shows it exactly..

So here was the flatten mockup, looks okay right? http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Model%20work/M1A1%20Abrams/New/A1.jpg?t=1282967422 only not so much on the UV http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Model%20work/M1A1%20Abrams/New/UVhorror.jpg?t=1282967675

So I seperated the turret base and flattened the UV's.. http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Model%20work/M1A1%20Abrams/New/tur2.jpg?t=1282967716 same although I've honestly no idea why it's so jaggy, the settings were the exact same..

So I redid the UV's myself to be more functional and space saving, however when I did..well..result. http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Model%20work/M1A1%20Abrams/New/UVwoes.jpg?t=1282967864 same settings again, I'm baffled. I also tried to bake some AO on a friends model with pre-laid UV's, it worked perfectly.

hmm try playing around with the distance setting. Also make sure that all the objects that have to occlude, are unhidden (I know its a trivial thing) but it basically should work. Even if you are baking the base turret and all, the hatches and all the stuff should be visible. If they are hidden they will not occlude.

The unhidden part makes perfect sense, only thing is everything was unhidden during the bake, I've messed with the distance slider as you said, 10-20-30 and so on also changed the padding but to no avail.. I really don't get it, if I flatten the map it works but the moment I do my own grouping it says "NNNNNO!"

The occlusion bakes onto the bottom of the turret and somewhat inside the hatch but as far as the stuff on top and the sides of the turret nothing happens.

For the heck of it I tried re-flattening the mapping of just the turret only at 01 spacing and varied distances and oddly enough it worked..I am...clueless, if I flatten the UV's and let the program take care of it, it works..if I reset the UV's myself it doesn't..:Oo:

Edited by NodUnit

Are you using true to life units (i.e. 1 m in the model = 1 meter)?

I wasn't at first, the model was built in centimeters but the tool changed it to meters, do I need to rebuild it with meters from the beginning?

you shouldn't. You can change your units from max without having the model scaled.

Right, which it is (meters I mean) but the problem persists, it's the darnest thing, I can even take my friends models and bake onto their already set UV's.

so the only thing not working is your own model then?

EDIT: try the render to texture complete map for AO (need a skylight at least), see if that works (need to use existing UV in chnl x (default is 1))

use the skype button near my nick

EDIT2: soul beat me to it

Edited by PuFu

and the normal render to texture (not through tool box but through the max menu) without flattening but using the default uv channel and default settings?

Okay so here are the things I did.

Used Max's AO, with the less efficient flat mapping it worked okay but it worked, just like the toolbox..however in similar to the toolbox when I used the AO tool with my own UV's instead of getting nothing I got a big black spot on the UV's instead.

Reverted to the original model and tested this, same results. I changed from the turret to the hull and got the same result, I'm guessing then it applies to the whole model the question is what have I done.

Edited by NodUnit

Okay so here are the things I did.

Used Max's AO, with the less efficient flat mapping it worked okay but it worked, just like the toolbox..however in similar to the toolbox when I used the AO tool with my own UV's instead of getting nothing I got a big black spot on the UV's instead.

Reverted to the original model and tested this, same results. I changed from the turret to the hull and got the same result, I'm guessing then it applies to the whole model the question is what

in the max render to texture dialog, which settings you have in the Mapping coordinates group?

yep I used a skylight from the light entities.

Mapping coordinates is set to Channel 1 to which all faces on the model being baked are set to as well.

just a guess, but you might have inverted faces in your UV's, try opening the UVs for edit and then "select/select inverted faces", if it selects anything at all then you have to flip them for them to receive a texture bake on those UV's.

Sorry I cant remember how to actually flip them though (gulp)

just a guess, but you might have inverted faces in your UV's, try opening the UVs for edit and then "select/select inverted faces", if it selects anything at all then you have to flip them for them to receive a texture bake on those UV's.

Sorry I cant remember how to actually flip them though (gulp)

Il'l check it out though now I've run into a new problem..

I've run into a (possibly) more pressing problem..right now I'm in a rush to just import a quick test to see if I understand the tool and so on..well at the vertice stage I place a vertice and set it up to inherit the name (mind you this is only one) but it returns- Runtime error: ATtempt to acess deleted scene object" but nothing is deleted? Errr..

Just to be sure I made something else to test it out and it worked fine.

Hello all and great S.A :)

Its a really awesome tool that helps a lot (especially starters to modeling+ArmA like myself.)

I m constantly getting an error while exporting to .p3d and using SuperShader.

"There was a problem with exporting.Check the types of geometry you are

trying to export.."

1)I have reset to meters before and after creating "my test pyramid object"

2)..so i m sure i m working with tris

3)tried with/o extra LODS than "0"

4)I have watched all related videos..but i may missing something.

When assigning the various texture paths to SuperShader (in Material Editor)

-my object looks perfect inside MAX..but i cannot export to .p3d

Any help for a n00by *cough*modeler?*cough* :)

You have to make sure that all the objects in the layer that you want to export are of type editable poly. this error will pop if you have any other type of object.

You have to make sure that all the objects in the layer that you want to export are of type editable poly. this error will pop if you have any other type of object.

Thanks for quick reply S.A

Well..i think i m 99.9999% sure..

1) i m using "editable poly's"..

2)No other Object around (Hidden/frozen etc)..

* i can export p3d without probs using only "Alpha-stencil- shader".

Problem seems to appear when i m working with "SuperShader".

I also need help with the feature of "baking" AO and Dif. under "Texture" tool.

Should i use it?

When i do use it..it ruins my textures assigned before on Material Editor

I m sure i m missing something though.. :confused:

Edited by GiorgyGR

Well..i think i m 99.9999% sure..

1) i m using "editable poly's"..

2)No other Object around (Hidden/frozen etc)..

* i can export p3d without probs using only "Alpha-stencil- shader".

Problem seems to appear when i m working with "SuperShader".

have you tried exporting without textures and materials?

I also need help with the feature of "baking" AO and Dif. under "Texture" tool.

Should i use it?

When i do use it..it ruins my textures assigned before on Material Editor

I m sure i m missing something though..

turn off viewport preview and the baked texture shouldnt override your previously assigned materials.