soul_assassin

ArmA2 Modding Toolbox for 3ds max V1.1

oxygen is free and quite good, but i wonder how many 3ds max addons are made on legal soft

this is of course other issue, but addonmakers who work on legal soft are sometimes criticized for "lower polycount" or something like that

it is offtopic issue, but for example i've done all in Oxygen only, sometimes few times used 3ds freeware parts, so when it comes to smooth parts models it is hard to competee with 3ds models

but it were my 2 cents when it comes to 3ds usage issue

shame that Oxygen has no some needed options like: cut one shape by other shape , phase edge, render to texture

someone who makes in 3ds have UV mapping in 1 second (render to texture option) while person who uses legal oxygen spent whole day

but ending offtopic about 3ds max, which cost 5 000 euro as i remember

Just because a program is expensive does not mean it was downloaded illegally; I'm a student studying towards a career in 3D Animation and Autodesk offer a great student discount of $100 for a year license to all their 3D products

Great looking toolkit, I'm itching to have a go on it to make a couple urban combat ready buildings

Just because a program is expensive does not mean it was downloaded illegally; I'm a student studying towards a career in 3D Animation and Autodesk offer a great student discount of $100 for a year license to all their 3D products

http://students.autodesk.com/

Great looking toolkit, I'm itching to have a go on it to make a couple urban combat ready buildings

don't listen to vilas. The guy is just a bitter man.

Okay i have your tool box load and ready, however i have had my model in a somewhat finished state for a few days,,, problem is i made it in inches, and when i fired up your toolbox quickly realized my dilemma, i should have been using meters... ?? is what do need to do to transfer my scaling units to use the tool for 3ds and take advantage of all the tools it has ? thank you.

change the units in max. It will not scale your work, just change the units it shows up:

customize -> units setup -> metric

Will the change in units(pertaining to Max) affect the toolbox in any way, or the transfer to O2,,, and also how do i take advantage of the toolbox with a semi completed model predating the toolbox?

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 PM ----------

do i just move the files to the appropriate folders created by the toolbox?

---------- Post added at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:58 PM ----------

you can preview my and bwph4273's projects here:

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=10841&d=0

oxygen is free and quite good, but i wonder how many 3ds max addons are made on legal soft

this is of course other issue, but addonmakers who work on legal soft are sometimes criticized for "lower polycount" or something like that

it is offtopic issue, but for example i've done all in Oxygen only, sometimes few times used 3ds freeware parts, so when it comes to smooth parts models it is hard to competee with 3ds models

but it were my 2 cents when it comes to 3ds usage issue

shame that Oxygen has no some needed options like: cut one shape by other shape , phase edge, render to texture

someone who makes in 3ds have UV mapping in 1 second (render to texture option) while person who uses legal oxygen spent whole day

but ending offtopic about 3ds max, which cost 5 000 euro as i remember

"What"????.....if your a designer you can afford it....

Really really cool model youve made :) love all the details. If I were you I would follow the following plan of action before any O2 thingies :):

1. attach all the parts together and copy paste the mesh into a new layer.

2. in this new copy, delete all the dmall details like latches, hatches rivets etc. Get it to the appropriate poly count for ingame use. Remember that the HEMTT is mostly sharp edges thus the max polycount is lower then expected. About 15-16000 polies.

3. UVmap the lowpoly mesh.

4. colorise all the elements in appropriate colors (just apply simple color shaders to different parts) and bake the diffuse map.

5. bake the ambient occlusion map (use the pink option in the toolbox).

6. use the highpoly to bake the normalmap

7. make a simple spec map in photoshop for testing

8. setup the supershader in max (see my videos) using all those maps

9. make sure the lowpoly is all quads and lower, and is all editable poly.

10. detatch all movable parts

11. setup the named selection and hierarchy (videos)

12. set up the memory LOD (video)

13. generate the model.cfg

14. create some lower resolution and other specific LODs

15. and only now you should try to export the p3d from max. If all is done by the book, you should have a pretty game-ready model, requiring only small adjustments in O2.

16. Make a config.cpp

17. pack the pbo

18 and the rest is finetuning :D

Anyway to get this to work with Gmax, I get an arrow loading off of one line on 031lods.ms

button addLOD "A" pos:[8,264] width:24 height:24 toolTip:"Add a new LOD." images:#("armaToolBoxSnsTools.bmp", undefined, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3)

GMax is not supported. Considering it was released about the time of Max 4.2 :P

Hi guys help me i am must use 3ds max 9 ? i am convert sa-58 to battlefield 2 it will go through this program? thanks for reply sorry of my bad english

Hi a iam not work modification. This for me. Understand ?

Does not matter.

Don't expect people to help because ripping models (for other game, personal use or otherwise) harms our community and the developer.

OMG

Project reality use convert mi 8 from arma 2 http://www.moddb.com/mods/project-reality/images/russian-mil-mi-8mtv-2-helicopter#imagebox

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Models in modification CSLA to arma not bohenia interactive

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Why judge me bi? the first They do not know who I am for the second Do not know where I live for the third For such stupidity?

OMG

Project reality use convert mi 8 from arma 2 http://www.moddb.com/mods/project-reality/images/russian-mil-mi-8mtv-2-helicopter#imagebox

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Models in modification CSLA to arma not bohenia interactive

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Why judge me bi? the first They do not know who I am for the second Do not know where I live for the third For such stupidity?

learn some english, use a translator, or bugger OFF.

No one sane enough is gonna help your porting models from other games in A2, and even more, outside of it...

This is about a script for max, which is designed for a different purpose...please stay on topic

Edited by PuFu

what import model in 3ds max 2010 i m use arma 2 toolbox import ? or oxygen 2 ?

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

my english bad

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

what program open (import) p3d model and export to 3ds ?

Try paint. Its a hidden function, so you have to look very close to find it.

bi where I could find the submachine SA-58 (VZ-58)? game in which only knew arma 2