soul_assassin

ArmA2 Modding Toolbox for 3ds max V1.1

Yeh. Btw, on first try even if in the toolbox it says meters press the rest button anyway.

Some new things coming up for version 1.1:

Model.cfg generator:

- rooted out more bugs

- inherit whole class animation

- added mempoints to the list so that you can doubleclick on them to bring the names over to animation properties

- biggest addition: ability to load cfg files into the generator. If the file was generated with the tool in the first place and has the original formatting you can even add to the file and even inherit al the original classes.

- some interface changes

Whole Toolbox

-fixed blueprint bug

-height of the menu is whole screen regardless of the viewport layout

-some more bugs fixed

Great stuff! Will be looking forward to it! Just spent today with the plugin sorting out naming and memory LOD's, is a real pleasure to work with it. Many thanks again for all your hard work :)

Hmm, does this export to p3d or do you have to use the old 3ds to o2 route?

Thanks for the tool SA! I love the mem point/axis creation tool. It's smooth and easy.

I don't know what's possible with max scripting, but could I suggest a button in the AO tool that toggles the render settings between default and mental ray? I know I can hit F10, but I'm a bit of an air head sometimes and tend to forget that I need to switch over.

If not, it's cool. It's still a fantastic script! Thanks again!

Yeh someone else suggested already that if I make a tool for lazy people then I should go all the way :D will be added in 1.1

Just run into a bit of a problem, although it's not the tools fault. O2 seems to only allow a maximum of 10 characters for the named selections when importing the 3ds file. Is there any way to overide this in either the toolkit or O2 itself ? Once imported into O2 the parts can be renamed to more than 10 characters but on 3ds import it clips off the name after 10. Just something maybe to inform the user about in the toolkit naming selection menu perhaps?

@Fortran yes its a f*cking frustrating limitation of the 3ds format, but hey thats better then nothing :) I will include a warning in the toolset.

Edited by Soul_Assassin

but hey thats better then nothing :)

lol roger that! Glad to know it's not me going nutts :p Am going to go back and rename my selections now so I can still use the modelCFG part of the toolkit. Thanks for replying.

Perhaps wait alittle with the model.cfg. In version 1.1 the generator has been much improved :) Will release it soon :)

i can make buildings to whit the tool ? i litle tutorial will be nice :)

Versions supported are 9 and and up.

@sata3d

yes you can make whatever you wat. This is not a modeling tool but rather a tool that make it easier and faster transferring things into O2 and adding features.

SA while this is not my area. So haven't tried it and understand little about it, it does look

and sound like from people's feedback that you did an outstanding job here!

Spasiba :)

maybe now someone can port over Durgs Vegetation Fix

I'm not sure what you mean? You want the Arma 1 trees available for Arma 2??

If you're wanting a fix for the trees in Arma 2, I don't believe it's necessary. See my post at the bottomw of my original thread here.

Perhaps wait alittle with the model.cfg. In version 1.1 the generator has been much improved :) Will release it soon :)

Good news! Will do then, think its easier to rename the parts in O2 anyway after import as the mem points already have the correct naming convention _axis for each part. Will be looking forward to 1.1!

@Fortran

pretty soon this bug will not be a problem anymore :) you will forget 3ds format existed :P

Have you added that ability to export P3d from Max ??? :bounce3:

Ohh this sounds like some awesome exporting tool :)

But I really wish for a maya version sometime in the future :)

I just wish I could script stuff :p

there have been a few requests about maya versions but as ive mentioned before i cant code in MEL, i dont even have Maya. But as ive mentioned before MEL in its application is pretty equal to maxscript so if anyone who can rewrite wants to contact me Ill explain the source code to them.

SA I have one question. I'm using your toolbox and it's a lovely tool, I'm using it with Max 2009, it's working. There's just one thing that's confusing, I was following your tutorial for baking AO, and when I try to bake it it just doesn't appear on object, I have Mental Ray set as renderer and I used ''UV map'' modifier set to box and applied to box object just for test, I have similar object as your in tutorial with ''wheels'' but no AO is appearing... What am I doing wrong? I set dispersion also...