Sign in to follow this  
ALeXaNDeRua

HELP High Ping!

Hi All! Sorry for My English.

I connect to any servers and have very high ping. My provider say I need know ports wich use this game. Can u Help me Plz!!!??? My ping is above 500

Me too still BI has provided no solution maybe its my internet but i dont think it is as Battlefield 2 and other games run perfectly in online play.

Guys......... It depends on what servers you are trying to connect to (mind you 500 ping, im thinking you need to change provider)

Alexander ?

From where do you join which servers ?

So, where are you at home, and where do the servers stand you are connecting too?

Im living in Upper Austria and mostly connect to German Servers, that gets me fine pings under 50ms.

Traveltime for your signals MUST be watched (i.e: joining from Russia to British or US-american Servers gets you such pings maybe)...500 Ping is very baaaaaad and quite unplayable as I guess.

Greets !

use tracert on the server IP

[68030] MP: Changed bandwidth estimation defaults as almost all players use broadband connection.

Already opened a thread early this month. Pings are one problem, even more worse are desyncs, araising sooner or later once the pings escalate.

@pufu

I'm hosting 2 OA dedicated servers (I7 920, 8GB RAM @100mbit) in a professional data center. According to tracert my ping is around 55ms, which is not great but fine for a 1mbit connection. IMO [68030] screwed it up for me.....:mad:

Since 1.07 resp. OA I'm searching the internet for improved server side settings in order to improve the situation. You find thousands of options but nothing works as it dosen't matter what you write in your basic config file. Changes have no effect, and even if you delete the corresponding parameters it has no effect on the game ! I checked this several times on my servers....