Sign in to follow this  
sparrow560

Major multiplayer lag

I have a wireless connection and I also use the cable sometimes

In both cases the lag continued

It included stutters, buggy movement, and all the traditional lag effects...

I don't have a lot of servers from my region and so I am forced to play on European servers with a ping of 117ms but in all other multiplayer games that rarely causes a problem. I play other big battlefield multiplayers (like battlefield 2) and they work just fine. whats going on? plz help

I have this problem too but my broadband provider says ive still got loads left but my ping rises continually! WTF!

It's not you it's the game. The only thing you can do is find a server decent enough to not have insane lag and desync problems.

I wouldn't say that was the game, not to that level of severity. But then, many still claim to be having issues just playing it.

Arma has always been very sensitive to latency but many times what looks like a network error can be traced back to hardware.

You have to understand Arma packs huge landscapes and detail which your video card has to render. I've personally noticed playing on my gaming notebook the video card gets very hot which is about when the jerky movement starts so you might want to take a peek at that next time your playing.

my first time playing online and i had anywhere from 24-30fps. major stuttering when in chopper flying, i see other players skipping steps and pausing/walking, i mentioned the stuttering issue in the game and one of the players told me that they have one player with high ping effecting everybody!