Sign in to follow this  
Apouh

FLIR v1.0

Very few infantrymen apart from Predator and the different Terminator-models are equipped with the system, and USMC has neither of those in their inventory. In my opinion that's a very good reason why it should be like it is, only for vehicles that would realistically have some kind of FLIR available.

In this case I think you as a player could decide if you want it or not. I'm talking about your own missions. Having it always available doesn't mean you need to use it. Why limit it to vehicles? Every time a new addon is released with FLIR capabilities a new update of this addon is required. It doesn't make sense. If you want to play realistically when always available then only use it when the vehicle has the capability, if you want to play for fun allow the people to use it, wheter realistically or not.

For example alot of guys play as pilot and would like to have this option, normally they have a hud which allows them FLIR capabilities in the cockpit. Due to the lack of such huds, this script would allow the pilot to enjoy what he normally also would have in real life. If you allow it only for the gunner, it is far from realistic.

Point is, make it available and as with Alcohol, use it wisely :D, it will need no future updates and therefor is a better addon. Or you want every future addon to be hardcoded in a new version of this addon?

great work really...

Does it work also in arma 1 or do you plan to make an arma 1 version?

Could be very nice to use it also in A1..thanks

@ Maffo

Not planned for amra 1, and i think the scripting commands used for the effect or not compatible.

The XAM mod make a thermic vision on arma1.

That was not so bad.

@ p75

I don't know yet. Maybe on an other version...

@Mandrake

Put the .hpp file in the "Dta" in your arma root directory not in a "@addonName\Dta".

@Alex

I'm thinking about improve the effect, add colors, etc...

(Turn all in black and you can see the grain is already there).

@ Maffo

Not planned for amra 1, and i think the scripting commands used for the effect or not compatible.

The XAM mod make a thermic vision on arma1.

That was not so bad.

@ p75

I don't know yet. Maybe on an other version...

@Mandrake

Put the .hpp file in the "Dta" in your arma root directory not in a "@addonName\Dta".

@Alex

I'm thinking about improve the effect, add colors, etc...

(Turn all in black and you can see the grain is already there).

Please do so!

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

2990834.gif

Required Addons :

DOWNLOAD - CBA: Community Base Addons

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1007][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/2990834.gif][/url]

[b]Required Addons :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1002]DOWNLOAD - CBA: Community Base Addons[/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1007]DOWNLOAD - FLIR (v.1.1) - [3,5 KB] from ArmedAssault.info[/url]

[b]Required Addons :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1002]DOWNLOAD - CBA: Community Base Addons[/url]

Hello, is it possible to add this mod in a Domination west multiplayer mission by Xeno? If so how do I do it? I would really like to use this when I host mission, any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is an addon Pigglywiggly, so if you ve installed it, it's already in any mission you play. Single mode and multiplayer mode :)

That would be cool if the FLIR would like to VBS2. Show the temperature:)

96924.jpg

Yes, It should be great... I don't think that it's possible on ArmA 2 (some feature are not available)

Yes, It should be great... I don't think that it's possible on ArmA 2 (some feature are not available)

It is defenjtely possible, but to do it in a simple non-invasive manner ‚ that will be the challenge. Tajin is on it, but it will take some time.

My keys don't work so good I'm afraid. I "E" works but "Q" (I think that's the other) doesn't, and a lot of the time "R" doesn't either. Anything I can do? It all seemed to work using the original FLIR script but not anymore.

Really nice btw.

Do you use the key mapping of the addon ? Have you the lastest version ? (1.1)

Edited by tom_48_97
with new infos...

My keys don't work so good I'm afraid. I "E" works but "Q" (I think that's the other) doesn't, and a lot of the time "R" doesn't either. Anything I can do? It all seemed to work using the original FLIR script but not anymore.

Really nice btw.

First time I sign an addon... not tested... Someone else can confirm ?

The Keymapping is in Qwerty, so try the "A" and "E" key if you have an azerty keyboard.

For the "R" key I don't have any problems. Strange thing.

Thx for the report.

Edited by Apouh

Ah yes, A does it.

This has probably been asked a hundred times but do you think it's possible to be able to create FLIRS like used in VBS2? Would there be a way to make units brighter and the landscape duller? Or would it require re-texturing?

I think the only way would be to do it right would be create hidden selections for each units (men and vehicles) with a lowrez black&white texture and call for a texture swap when the flir script is engaged...

Sounds demanding in development time and system resources :\ Then again, I know very little about the process for something like that, the most modding I've done in ArmA is making a few islands.

That would be cool if the FLIR would like to VBS2. Show the temperature:)

Hehe! I was to post the same thing.

Here is the movie:

Nice features which I want to see implemented in Arma 2.

00:17 - 00:19 FLIR

00:22 - 00:23 Afterburner effect.

01:04 - 01:06 FLIR

01:18 - 01:26 FLIR

01:28 - 01:30 FLIR

01:41 - 01:42 Glass being destroyed

02:11 - 02:14 Laser aim

Why not also create a FLIR portable Nighvision item based on this infrared view?

The nighvision integrated in arma is using an image intensifier so why not have a second device with infrared view?

I think the only way would be to do it right would be create hidden selections for each units (men and vehicles) with a lowrez black&white texture and call for a texture swap when the flir script is engaged...

tajin is working on something, and although it is later on his list to do, he already got something running without replacement textures. There is a thread about it. Have a look, I'm still getting into this whole scripting thing, but give it time and it will come.

Grtz

@Jan

planned on the Laser designator.

@Flarma

Not in this addon sorry.

I got crashes using the script but haven't noticed anything happening with the addon.

I just remembered that there was quite a good FLIR in ArmA1, does anyone know how that was done and if it could be ported/recreated in A2?