Sign in to follow this  
yu_hin

cannot use keyboard?

hello, i just got this game and it "runs" fine

but when i click on controls to change them, i cannot click anything to change the controls or exit out of the controls screen. i have to alt+F4 out of the game. this also happens when i try playing the game (training, preview editor, etc.). i never had this kind of problem in ArmA 1

plz help

thx in advance

Uhh, ignore Joan, they appear to be on drugs and/or confused and/or a very bizarre troll.

Can you clarify where the problem is? i.e. how far along this do you get before you can't do anything more:

1. Run the game
  2. Click on Options
  3. Click on Controls
  4. Click on an action you want to change the controls for
  5. Press keys, move controls, or select from the list
  6. Press OK to close the screen where you assign controls
  7. Press OK to close the list of actions

Do you have any additional peripherals connected other than your keyboard and mouse? Joysticks, gamepads, infra-red receivers, touch panels... anything at all?

Do you have any software running which reacts to hotkeys or otherwise alters keyboard behaviour?

Not sure if any of this could be the cause, but the first step in troubleshooting is to try to remove anything that could possibly be related and see if the problem goes away.

When you're setting up the controls, never use the "Next" (or "Previous") buttons. Always click "OK" and then choose another control to edit.

Uhh, ignore Joan, they appear to be on drugs and/or confused and/or a very bizarre troll.

Can you clarify where the problem is? i.e. how far along this do you get before you can't do anything more:

1. Run the game
  2. Click on Options
  3. Click on Controls
  4. Click on an action you want to change the controls for
  5. Press keys, move controls, or select from the list
  6. Press OK to close the screen where you assign controls
  7. Press OK to close the list of actions

i can click on controls, once im on the controls screen, i cant click ANYTHING else, not OK, not default, cant change my controls,-> nothing. i had also attached a joystick when i first tried the game but disconnected it and restarted my computer without the game working any further. today i reconnected the joystick and went to the controls screen again, and when i do, the joystick turns off until i alt+tab out or alt+f4 of the game.

alright ive solved the problem, i had newview from when i was playing IL2 sturmovik. i deleted newview and now the game works perfectly, WOO!