Sign in to follow this  
Bebbe

Your favourite vehicle in ARMA 2

So what is your favourite vehicle in ARMA 2. Name one...or more.

I myself love the Hind-D, it is so damn sexy. Especially when it is filled with Spetsnaz Operatives

None of them. They all are damaged way too easily. 3 RPGs to a M1A2 would NOT destroy it NOR disable it.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

None of them. They all are damaged way too easily. 3 RPGs to a M1A2 would NOT destroy it NOR disable it.

You obviously have no idea how an RPG works, nor how a modern tank such as the Abrams can absorb such an impact. An RPG does not simply hit it's target and explode. Using shape carges, such as in a HEAT they can penetrate armor and explode on the inside of the tank.

Using an RPG-7 you would be correct, however using the rpg-29 it's plausible to destroy an A1. RPG-29's are common amongest insurgents in Iraq.

HEAT rounds can penetrate reactive armor, which is what the Abrams uses.

Edited by hozer

hmm, probably the CDF Mi-24D, CDF Su-25, A-10 and the M1A2 TUSK. I'm kind of an air whore. Don't get me wrong, i love the other vehicles...

The bicycle. No contest. Second choice would be the BMP-3. What a brute. And the new Hind cockpit is amazing. Makes me wish the terrain was 10 times larger for better helo missions.

I love all vehicles with a nice interior but mainly the BMP-3. His inside looks beautiful :D

BTR-90, noe deadly vehicle, has AGS, AT missiles, Cannon, MG, what else would one want? :yay:

You obviously have no idea how an RPG works, nor how a modern tank such as the Abrams can absorb such an impact. An RPG does not simply hit it's target and explode. Using shape carges, such as in a HEAT they can penetrate armor and explode on the inside of the tank.

Using an RPG-7 you would be correct, however using the rpg-29 it's plausible to destroy an A1. RPG-29's are common amongest insurgents in Iraq.

HEAT rounds can penetrate reactive armor, which is what the Abrams uses.

You obviously are making assumptions. I'm not going to argue, but a standard RPG HEAT or HE round will and can not penetrate an M1A2's armor with TUSK equipped unless they land a very lucky shot. I've seen them bounce off in real life.

Here was the scenario: M1A2 with TUSK was moving in after the infantry for support when ab insurgents on a rooftop with an RPG-7 or 8, couldn't tell, fires and hits the M1A2. The rocket hits the TOP of the tank (least armored part FYI), bounces off, and damages the Raytheon. Thats all the damage it did. I'll admit the Raytheon is a very expensive component which tax payers had to pay to replace, but other than that not a scratch. I saw all of this from a FLIR.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Maybe the insurgents/Russians/NAPA/CDF are just very lucky.

LAV. It handles alright and can go fast over terrain. It can take out a tank if used properly and can provide a fire support base from a hilltop if you have to check out a town.

The Mi24 Hind with the 2 GBU's. its truely awesome flying over an armored column on a mutiplayer Advance and Secure, and watching the GBUS precision guide fall right onto their target.

LAV. It handles alright and can go fast over terrain. It can take out a tank if used properly and can provide a fire support base from a hilltop if you have to check out a town.

I really enjoy the LAVs too. Except for when the LAV commanded by your men take out your turret trying to take out a BMP-3. I guess it was my own fault though.

A10. All the way. That GAU-8 is simply the best weapon ever made.

the blackhawk, love flying those ever since desert combat mod for bf42 except in bf2 they kinda sucked.

You obviously are making assumptions. I'm not going to argue, but a standard RPG HEAT or HE round will and can not penetrate an M1A2's armor with TUSK equipped unless they land a very lucky shot. I've seen them bounce off in real life.

Here was the scenario: M1A2 with TUSK was moving in after the infantry for support when ab insurgents on a rooftop with an RPG-7 or 8, couldn't tell, fires and hits the M1A2. The rocket hits the TOP of the tank (least armored part FYI), bounces off, and damages the Raytheon. Thats all the damage it did. I'll admit the Raytheon is a very expensive component which tax payers had to pay to replace, but other than that not a scratch. I saw all of this from a FLIR.

ya but I said an RPG 29 :), completely different which I am sure you know. And he never mentioned anything about tusk. I am talking about a stock abrams and a RPG 29.

ya but I said an RPG 29 :), completely different which I am sure you know. And he never mentioned anything about tusk. I am talking about a stock abrams and a RPG 29.

Actually, PG-7VR and PG-29V rockets share the same warhead. And there's a bunch of M1XX knocked out in Iraq with this weapon.

---

My favorite vehicle in Arma is any of Mi-24 series... except the "P" model, because of its bombs having ridiculous ZERO fuze delay.

Edited by Maximus_G

Actually, PG-7VR and PG-29V rockets share the same warhead. And there's a bunch of M1XX knocked out in Iraq with this weapon.[/Quote]

My cousin is an armored vehicle mechanic in the USMC and I am training to become a pilot while my buddy is actually a loader in an M1A1 crew for the Army. I have not heard of "a bunch" of M1s knocked out in Iraq. Although it seems the insurgents in Afghanistan have got some new toys because there has been a rise of armored (actually all :() casualties in Afghanistan.

I have not heard of "a bunch" of M1s knocked out in Iraq.

Maybe you didn't ask.

Anyway, amount of public info on losses has lowered drastically since around 2005, we've got not so much evidence. But there is some.

Examples:

http://books.google.ru/books?id=M1P6jT8_yrgC&lpg=PA99&ots=U5zY1x3zXW&pg=PA108

http://img136.yfrog.com/i/abramsefp2picjy4w.jpg/

http://img216.yfrog.com/i/getimage7.jpg/

Although it seems the insurgents in Afghanistan have got some new toys because there has been a rise of armored (actually all :() casualties in Afghanistan.

Yep, that's true.

Anyway, that's an offtopic here...

80 Abrams were destroyed or badly damaged (enough that they had to be shipped back to the U.S.) in combat just in the first two years. That's more than a bunch. (http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2005-03-29-abrams-tank-a_x.htm)

Who knows how many more after that, but probably very few this year. They may be one of the best tanks in the world, but they're not invulnerable. And any tank can be immobilized by a simple detreading.

More on topic, I would really like Arma 2's Abrams TUSK except for a couple of weird bugs. The loader can't turn in, so he's always partially exposed. And the driver can't turn out, so he can never have a good field of view driving in safe areas.

UAZ with AGS-30, on a hill overlooking the objective.

Or the MLRS, far away from the objective. :-D

Hi all

Feet for situational awareness or a BTR 90; most fire power on the battlefield.

Kind Regards walker

BMP. it is light enough to roar around and has enough firepower to have some bite backing its roar. running around in a bmp makes me go "Im a tank! F$%@K YEA im a TANK! you are all gonna die cus im a M0#%#@%#NG TANK" and then i get blown up by anything larget than a 7.62 bullet lol.