Sign in to follow this  
Uranium-235

Is the AMR really an AMR?

I've been playing with this recently, hoping it would work more like what the real .50 cal sniper rifles are used for (ie: more than making greasy stains out of people - anti-equipment).

In a few experiments, I have NO idea what is up with this thing. I've shot at a UAZ a few times - sometimes I put 6 bullets into it, one time I only had to put two and it blew up.

Is there a trick? Does it really function as an anti-material weapon or... not so much?

The .50 cal is not so much as it should be, same as most of the ammo in the game. But that's due to the damage model of the game which needs to be reviewed.

They could at least make the ammo more powerful. That would let it be used for AM.

The ammo used by the M82 in RL is often incendiary or special armor piercing as opposed to the regular old FMJ .50 rounds used in the M2 heavy machine gun.

It should be easy for an experienced modder to do this. Just add another ammo type for the 2 big rifles, then you could add the magazines into the init line of your heavy sniper. This isn't really going to affect it when you fire at personnel as even now, 1 hit=1 kill with this big gun.

Edited by arthur666

The .50 cal is not so much as it should be, same as most of the ammo in the game. But that's due to the damage model of the game which needs to be reviewed.

Agreed, the damage model is quite weird. Takes 3 centre mass hits with the Mk12 SPR at 200-300 metres to drop a target. I'm pretty sure 5.56 is more potent than that.

@ Uranium - I'm assuming you are firing at the engine block/fuel tank area?

Edited by Shadz

Agreed, the damage model is quite weird. Takes 3 centre mass hits with the Mk12 SPR at 200-300 metres to drop a target. I'm pretty sure 5.56 is more potent than that.

@ Uranium - I'm assuming you are firing at the engine block/fuel tank area?

Yeah, I was firing into the hood on some, sometimes in the fenders, sometimes right into the grille. Nothing really seemed absolute.

Once time I fired two shots at it and jumped in to see what the health was at and it blew up with me in it :(

Yeah, the damage/penetration model is weird...

But at 300m, a 5.56 bullet has lost alot of energy. It is a very small high velocity round and gets weak really quick. It would not be unrealistic for someone to absorb 2 hits like that without going down, if they were really motivated to not go down (ie. running for cover from a hail of gunfire). If it happens everytime you shoot someone at that distance, well that is a problem.

But at 300m, a 5.56 bullet has lost alot of energy. It is a very small high velocity round and gets weak really quick. It would not be unrealistic for someone to absorb 2 hits like that without going down, if they were really motivated to not go down (ie. running for cover from a hail of gunfire). If it happens everytime you shoot someone at that distance, well that is a problem.

thats because there is no penetration model. its hitpoints.

I no longer use the Mk12 SPR or any 5.56 rifle cos this is often the case. However, within 100 metres a 5.56 will drop a target after 1 hit to the centre mass...not sure if the ballistics/damage model factors in potential body armour though.

Hi all,

Silly question if I may. I keep hearing about the AMR in the game. Is this just the M107 or is there another one? Another way to put it, is the M107 the AMR everyone talks about?

Cheers!

Jero.

Hi all,

Silly question if I may. I keep hearing about the AMR in the game. Is this just the M107 or is there another one? Another way to put it, is the M107 the AMR everyone talks about?

Cheers!

Jero.

The KSVK or something like that is the other one. Its in the RU Special Weapons crate in the editor I believe.