Sign in to follow this  
J.Warrick

8800GTX real bad preformance help !POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!

My specs:

4GB (Vista 32bit so only 2,98)

2.4 ghz c2d Pentium

8800GTX 768mb

SB X-Fi

Ive tried it all, everything really... how can i get this game to preform as i want to ? :( Is there some way to remove the "blur" effect when turning around in-game? (Not only annoying, but preformance wise).

When in close quarters or at mission 2 in the first city(campaign) my FPS is prolly around 20 or so, but the mission after that

SPOILER!!!!

when you get to command the team "for real" ... given the circumstances...

SPOILER!!!!

youre in this rocky terrain and my FPS is around 60-70... flawless anyways. The mouse keeps lagging behind mostly, and i think it has alot to do with the blurring effect and also the bloom effect which i cant turn off arrgh!

If someone witha similar spec could advise or anyone really id be greatfull. Yes, before you ask, I have read the armaholic thread all thru, and tried all kinds of things... im all outtta ideas, i dun wanna buy a 500bucks GTX295 just to run this :I

my GTX8800 runs the game as good as its gonna be until they patch.

Blue effect is post processing, disable it. also turn video memory to very high.

I'm running a GTX8800, XFX (exactly the same card as the poster above, incidentally!). Same to report as above, it runs okay. Prefer maps that are on the little island at the moment, as they run really well.

8800GT and yes the system bogs when in town but I found turning all settings to normal and physX off really helps. I do still notice the blurr effect but usually only when the map is loading.

My specs:

2.4 ghz c2d Pentium

8800GTX 768mb

SB X-Fi

Ive tried it all, everything really... how can i get this game to preform as i want to ? :( Is there some way to remove the "blur" effect when turning around in-game? (Not only annoying, but preformance wise).

When in close quarters or at mission 2 in the first city(campaign) my FPS is prolly around 20 or so, but the mission after that

SPOILER!!!!

when you get to command the team "for real" ... given the circumstances...

SPOILER!!!!

youre in this rocky terrain and my FPS is around 60-70... flawless anyways. The mouse keeps lagging behind mostly, and i think it has alot to do with the blurring effect and also the bloom effect which i cant turn off arrgh!

If someone witha similar spec could advise or anyone really id be greatfull. Yes, before you ask, I have read the armaholic thread all thru, and tried all kinds of things... im all outtta ideas, i dun wanna buy a 500bucks GTX295 just to run this :I

So you've tried everything, yet you couldn't find how to turn off the blur? I'll take it that trying everything didn't extend as far as finding the advanced video settings where you turn off the post-processing? That will turn off the blur and bloom.

Alan.rio;1383206']So you've tried everything' date=' yet you couldn't find how to turn off the blur? I'll take it that trying everything didn't extend as far as finding the advanced video settings where you turn off the post-processing? That will turn off the blur and bloom.[/quote']

Thanks for the GREAT reply, youve so won this years !:yay: COMPLETE RETARD !:yay: prize! Turning off post processing DOESNT turn of motion blur nor bloom why else would i write a F* thread? :P Just as posted in OTHER threads Arma2 changes the .cfg file and im guessing thats why it wont go away. So as i said, i tried just about EVERYTHING :P

Thanks for the GREAT reply, youve so won this years !:yay: COMPLETE RETARD !:yay: prize! Turning off post processing DOESNT turn of motion blur nor bloom why else would i write a F* thread? :P Just as posted in OTHER threads Arma2 changes the .cfg file and im guessing thats why it wont go away. So as i said, i tried just about EVERYTHING :P

Err there are countless threads that would disagree with you, this one for example: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=81063&highlight=disable+blur which was found with a simple search of "disable blur".

Your complaint about the previous poster may have been valid, but that was completely negated by your response.

Err there are countless threads that would disagree with you, this one for example: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=81063&highlight=disable+blur which was found with a simple search of "disable blur".

Your complaint about the previous poster may have been valid, but that was completely negated by your response.

He is a poster like everyone else here.

You are doubting his experience issues with blur? Why would he lie about that?

I don't understand why a moderator has to make fun of people who experience troubles with a game they bought. Is that the new politics at BIS?

Ban me if you want if you don't like my answer. That will tell a lot more about you than about me.

He is a poster like everyone else here.

You are doubting his experience issues with blur? Why would he lie about that?

I don't understand why a moderator has to make fun of people who experience troubles with a game they bought. Is that the new politics at BIS?

Ban me if you want if you don't like my answer. That will tell a lot more about you than about me.

Errr no idea what put a bee in your bonnet, but:

1. Where did I say he was lying?

2. Where am I making fun of someone?

3. Why would I want to ban you?

4. What does your opinion of myself or my moderating have to do with this thread?

The post process option is bugged. For example, i can set it to very high, reboot the game, and load a map and you can tell the edge-AA for example is compleatly disabled. You have to set it to disabled, and back to veryhigh to make it look as veryhigh would do in the first place every single time you start the game.

Yes, its sad how bugged this game is -.-

J.Warrick, try starting the game, set post process to veryhigh and then back to disabled and click apply/ok. It *should* disable the motionblur.

As for your fps issues, this game is not actually optimized the slightest. They actually force vsync+tripplebuffering in this game, the most demanding game on the planet. Thats how unoptimized this crap is. This + the fact that they seem to have forced mouse smoothing aswell is what causes your mouse to lag behind - wich is normal for everyone (with skill) to notice.

Try forcing Vsync off in the Nvidia control panel.

Post Process Disabled removes Bloom and DOF (don't know if BLUR is disabled without the vsync tweak)

And pls, keep things on a mature level, after all, this is a simulation game, not pac man.

Edited by Snowwhite

Disabling post processing does turn off motion blur and bloom.

You had a problem, i was telling you the answer, albeit in an impatient and sarcastic way, mainly because you started a completely new thread replicating about a dozen others instead of going to the effort of looking for an answer, and that annoyed me, I must admit I'm not so annoyed now after your reply though. Anyway, in the interests of the mod's sanity and not prolonging a thread that was pointless and lazy to begin with, this is my last post on the thread.

PS I haven't read your other thread about your problem with the .cfg file but if it is not keeping changes you made to it you may need to set it as read only (right click-> properties) after you set the changes.

Edited by [RIP] Alan.rio
the PS

8800GTS 320MB here and good performance.

The campaign however is low in its parts, but thats because i lack both video power for the juicer parts with a lot of units etc and also ofcourse cpu power to have all those units and scripts running/thinking.

I dont think there is much difference between my card and the GTX apart from that the latter have more power. So its either the rest of the gear that is in bad shape, or the pc is not optimized or that you guys want more than your cards can handle.

Sure BIS needs to optimize here and there, and they will im sure, but to hear that some with almost the same cards as mine but with more power run ARMA2 real bad hints me that something else isnt working as it should. Be it overheating, chaotic file system, faulty hardware, viruses/malware/anti-virus hog or something else.

Hope everyone gets sorted in the end though no matter what the problem is. :)

Alex

Your cpu is the bottleneck.

8800GTS 320MB here and good performance.

The campaign however is low in its parts, but thats because i lack both video power for the juicer parts with a lot of units etc and also ofcourse cpu power to have all those units and scripts running/thinking.

I dont think there is much difference between my card and the GTX apart from that the latter have more power. So its either the rest of the gear that is in bad shape, or the pc is not optimized or that you guys want more than your cards can handle.

Sure BIS needs to optimize here and there, and they will im sure, but to hear that some with almost the same cards as mine but with more power run ARMA2 real bad hints me that something else isnt working as it should. Be it overheating, chaotic file system, faulty hardware, viruses/malware/anti-virus hog or something else.

Hope everyone gets sorted in the end though no matter what the problem is. :)

Alex

If you have read my previous posts, where my specs are written down, you can see that it is not a hardware problem. It's a software problem. I have run the dx10 benchmark demo of Resident Evil 5 with everything maxed out in 1080p, and I have an average framerate of 114 fps. If there was something wrong with my hardware, it would show in other games as well. Overheating is absolutely no issue. The highest temperature I had on my GTX295 while playing Arma2 is 65°C. My quad core q9550 is only used for 40% of my capacity. It is so clear that Arma 2 does not use the resources a high-end PC has. There is a bottleneck in the game itself preventing it to use the resources.

It's like it was optimised to play on the Xbox360. In that way I believe that the game does not recognise other hardware as it should.

About faulty file systems, viruses and so on: I have the game installed on a new hard drive with a freshly installed OS.

The only thing that will help the performance issues are patches, more specifically resource patches.

Unless your cpu is overclocked it's the problem, see my sig for the kind of cpu speed that will give you smooth frames in Arma 2.

I have the same cpu & the stock speed is shite for Arma 2 (less than 2.8ghz), if i overclock to what's below i get superb frames & fluid gameply in singleplayer & online, no it's not down to my Graphics card either.

Good luck.

Edited by Razorman

Unless your cpu is overclocked it's the problem, see my sig for the kind of cpu speed that will give you smooth frames in Arma 2.

I have the same cpu & the stock speed is shite for Arma 2 (less than 2.8ghz), if i overclock to what's below i get superb frames & fluid gameply in singleplayer & online, no it's not down to my Graphics card either.

Good luck.

Yep, CPU is overclocked to 3.4GHz.

RIP good reply, thanks.

Yeah mixing up with some of the nvidia controls over and over i managed to get the blur going off with the cfg file and making it "admin" controlled with vista. Also running the program as admin and with desktop features, vista transparency, no doubt. Anyways... the game is running at around 50fps in general with the blur and bloom at off. Im off to buy a new 295gtx, sigh... theres another 500bucks :I

Thanks for the info peeps, and thanks for the informative replies... and no worries "RIP" fellas, good gaming to you.

Well that's not entirely acurate. Not everyone is effected by the mouse smoothing effect or the mouse lag effect (they're two different effects)

as for the town fps problem, your best bet is to lower your video memory setting, that should hopefully help.

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Add : sorry, meant to quote a post about mouse smoothing problems

RIP good reply, thanks.

Yeah mixing up with some of the nvidia controls over and over i managed to get the blur going off with the cfg file and making it "admin" controlled with vista. Also running the program as admin and with desktop features, vista transparency, no doubt. Anyways... the game is running at around 50fps in general with the blur and bloom at off. Im off to buy a new 295gtx, sigh... theres another 500bucks :I

Thanks for the info peeps, and thanks for the informative replies... and no worries "RIP" fellas, good gaming to you.

No problem, sorry if my first post was too sarcastic. Also, i'd try over-clocking that processor as much as you can before getting a new card. i overclocked my E8400 dual core from 3 gig to 4.2 and the difference was massive and I only have a 8800GTS (overclocked that a bit too.)

My specs:

2.4 ghz c2d Pentium

8800GTX 768mb

SB X-Fi

... buy a 500bucks GTX295 just to run this :I

It all depends on your Resolution? (and then a cpu that hits 3.8 or above is great) i would think your gfx card would do ok at 1400/900 . If your running 1900/1200 then i say get another card. Game runs good and even awesome sometimes, with my kit. This is in MP i dont play the SP anymore finished it ... But i spent 1000$ on vidcards, 1000$ on CPU and 1000$ on the rest... sorry got to "pay to play", or get a 17in LCD.

2X4780x2; i965@4.0. rez;1600/1200 upto 20/15.

RIP good reply, thanks.

If I were you, I wouldn't invest in a GTX295 today. Wait until october (maybe november), and buy a high-end dx11 card for the same price as you would pay for the GTX295 today. You're going to be sorry when you buy a 295 at 500 dollars when later this year the new graphics cards will be released which will outperform the GTX295 by great lengths.