Sign in to follow this  
Headwind

Full screen with lower resolution?

Interesting story:

I tried Arma 2 on an older lcd monitor that runs at 1280 by 1024. (I really play on an hd HP 1080P monitor, and wanted to compare visual quality.)

When I switched back over to the primary 1080P monitor, via the screen properties (right click on desktop) everything swapped back over, but the res and 3d rez were both 1280 by 1024...Full screen. Meaning no weird black bars on the sides. It still looked incredible, and the frame rates were unbelievable. I fell in love with the game all over again.

What I want to know is how do I make it full screen (somewhat stretched but still 16:9) all the time when I start up, instead of small square in the middle.

Any help would be appreciated.

You should be able you to select a lower resolution ingame at the video options screen.

without losing the fullscreen. and you can select the aspect ratio while in fullscreen.

So do you have a problem changing the resolution ingame? or haven't tried yet?

No no.

Thanks for replying.

I ahve no problems with changing the resolution to a lower one, but when I do, it shrinks the screen and leaves black bars on the sides. When I lower it to 1280X1024 for example, it is a square with bars on both sides. What I want is to have 1280X1024 with out the bars (taking up the full screen) and to change the aspect ratio to circles don't look like eggs at that res.

Resolution scaling options are in your videocard's driver control panel. There is no need to run ArmA2 at a lower though, you can just run 1080p screen resolutions and lower the rendering resolution lower separately.