Sign in to follow this  
thedudesam

How good is FADE? Also questions about pirates online.

I have bought the game! i got it on the FIRST day it was released in english , im not a piratescum.

Ok now that's clear, i want to just ask something.

1) Has FADE been beaten yet.

2) Can pirates join legitmate servers and ruin the game?

do pirates ruin the game or hacking dickwads ruin it? scriptshits are more likely to pirate the game just to mess up servers. Stop hacks working, stop pirates. Copy protection is a sure way to go to hell imho.

In Arma1, pirated copied were easy to spot. just run #userlist every now and then and ban any stupid playerIDs. Was it after battleye came out that userlist stopped reporting PlayerIds?

...userlist stopped reporting PlayerIds?

It never has. At least not completely:

#login myadminpw

#userlist

and bingo, all ID's are there :p

I usually play on lan using hamachi with a friend who's using illegal version and I must say it works quite good.

If he doesn't get disconnected randomly, his screen turns blury and his accuracy is utterly shitty. The worse he had was the big "Bohemia interactive..." splash screen permanently staying there (in the middle of a game). About REAL online games, I suppose it's the same. And like Fenix said, Pirates don't cause problem, blabla..

So pirates CAN join legitmate online games...? :(

TBH ARMA2 should implement a login system like COH in my opinion.

Effectively if it detects their using a pirate cd key a server wide message comes up about it and FADE kicks in.

FADE has been cracked for single player, I don't know about multiplayer though. I doubt it because you need a unique CD key when playing online. Hamachi doesn't count since that's just a virtual LAN.

Still, it won't take long for these lowlifes to circumvent it.

A login system is what's needed, just seem's stupid not to have one, seriously.