Sign in to follow this  
IceDread

New, intence maps/missions

Hi there,

I bought the game yesterday and it is quite impressive.

However, I'm a battlefield 1942/2142 gamer and I dont really enjoy sightseeing the country for minutes walking/ driving now and then to get where I want to get to fight.

I like battles not driving around, all thou I do like the possibility to do flanking manoeuvres so it's good that it's a choise.

However, are there any maps or missions or something in particular to look for that somewhat resembles battlefields intensity of always being in a fight or within a minute being in a battle if I want to go there directly?

Thanks

CTF maps, I'd guess. Mostly infantry only, though

Honestly I have yet to see a mission that is set up to provide a proper battlefield scenario. The problem is though that it depends on the server allowing large numbers of players and that those numbers actually be logged on and playing.

too many bugs at this time.. if you kill an enemy he reporting you to all, so you will die thus no firefight...hopefully the fix of that bug will bring back some fun, its such a HORRID bug it should have been a priority hot fix...

of course maybe they dont know how to fix it.. who knows.. todays day n age i give up on mankind

Play on Bezerk, it's basically limited to a two town PvP scenario.

Currently though the game mode is in beta, which means there's lots of mission script bugs and there is ONLY one map/mission ATM, between the two towns Novy Sobor and Starry Sobor.

It's still large scale but it's not "225km large". All fighting is focused within the 2-3 capturable areas near the towns

CTF maps, I tried some but found some to be quite sterile and limited, thou only tried a few.

Berzerk was fun.

Tried some big customised map and well there should be a lot more small scaled maps, when you have to drive bike 5km to the next town again and again it aint that fun, well it was a fun experience to try one time but not something I will do again.

So yeah definitely hoping for a lot of small scaled maps but not as small as some ctf maps.

I agree with Korjax, Berzerk is a good multiplayer map to begin your ArmA II career on. Once you become familar with Berzerk, the other maps will be more understandable. Also, it's important to keep in mind that ArmA is a real world simulator. In the real world, you have to work as a team - if you don't, you DIE. You have to have pilot's that make frequent trips to pick-up and drop-off troops. Your LZ (loading zone) will typically be miles away from your combat area in order to prevent the chopper from being destroyed by missiles or small arms fire. The concept of the game makes since when you think of it in that respect, right?

you have to work as a team - if you don't, you DIE

That's the god-honest truth right there.

IceDread: wait for community to make new more interesting maps (we are waiting on official tools to replace A1 objects) or try out smaller missions. Some mission designers are nuts, yesterday 11 of my guys joined one of the games and we had 2 tanks, but the rest had to *walk* for few miles to get to mission objective... just great, huh?

Oh and remember that unpassworded servers are a very dangerous place to be dedicated to mil-sim playing. Yesterday couple of noobs shot numerous times on our chopper in one of our FOBs(!), and avoid unlocked Evolution maps since you'll see 2/3 of your squad buddies carpet bombing towns with Harriers (including dropping em on you) or fly around in Cobras like f***ing flies getting slaughtered by Tonguskas.

Edited by IceBreakr

Or go and make some more interesting maps yourself ;-) See my sig....

I create and host SpecOps missions for 1-6 players which is all about instant action and a lot of it, no traveling km after km :)

Most missions are infantry only, but with time there will be more with vehicles. See details in my sig.