Sign in to follow this  
Arre

GPS malfunctioning!?

This question can possibly only be answered by BIS but i post it anyway :)

Why doesn't the GPS in the game fully work? I mean the GPS part of the GPS works well but the height above sea level and the direction is just blank... why is it like this?

Picture to clarify what i mean...

bUzEAnZDT.jpg

//Best regards Arre

Looks like the art dept. was more ambitious than the programming dept.

Looks like the art dept. was more ambitious than the programming dept.

The story of my Arma 2 game.

You already have a compass which tells you the direction and you can tell from the map how high above sea level you are. Either by looking at the lines or if you are in an aircraft looking at the lines and adding your altitude.

Still, they have the icons on the GPS, so is it what Frederf said?

or did the programming guys actually work hard to get this working but is there something failing in between?

I wish they could make the GPS showable on fps view instead of map only. As a matter of fact, I just don't understand why they couldn't just put a map overlay on it instead of just flat numbers. It not like we haven't the technology to do it today.

I wish they could make the GPS showable on fps view instead of map only. As a matter of fact, I just don't understand why they couldn't just put a map overlay on it instead of just flat numbers. It not like we haven't the technology to do it today.

please press CTRL-M

Yeah, you CAN get the GPS to pop up in normal view. I prefer to use the momentary-on mode though. You can find a line to bind this stuff in the control config (Waaaaaaaay down near the bottom)

You already have a compass which tells you the direction and you can tell from the map how high above sea level you are. Either by looking at the lines or if you are in an aircraft looking at the lines and adding your altitude.

Yes but... :) If you only have the GPS you can skip compass totally... And for example if you go Veteran you can't see where you are on the map... and there is where the GPS height meter comes in. It will be much easier to locate your position on the map with your height above sea level.

This features may come in a later stage? (BIS? :rolleyes:) Mayby not as prio ONE... but I think it would be rather cool and efficient to have those features! The will help you a lot as they do IRL ;)

well thank you... so much controls to learn :D

Remember to make sure you have one in your inventory too otherwise ctrl-m will only show the map, mistake I have made on Vet mode and only finding out when I am 'somewhere' on the map :/

Remember to make sure you have one in your inventory too otherwise ctrl-m will only show the map, mistake I have made on Vet mode and only finding out when I am 'somewhere' on the map :/

I had one mission that took place at night, veteran mode (no map markers), no gps and no compass.

Ah the fun... At least Chernarus has some excellent landmarks and a good map. I must have mistaken my position less than 50 times.