Sign in to follow this  
Wobble

Oh the poor taleban and al-queda..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 18 2002,09:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well why didn't you say so in the first place?<span id='postcolor'>

I really don't know. Because this is what I was talking about all the time.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Mar. 18 2002,10:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Interesting. Now that Americans died people take notice. The last time christian churches got targeted there I didn't see any posts about it...<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, why didn't you post anything about it?

Wobble,who started this thread, is American. He may likely be Christian as well. The event might have easily related to him emotionally.

Is there something odd about that? I think Ralph Wiggum was on to something.

my statement was that when US makes action, like Op. Anaconda, human-rights group whine and yell how 'blood thirsty' US is.

but when al-Qaeda throws grenades into church, they don't whine and yell how 'blood thirsty' al-Qaeda is.

when US accidently kills a reporter, ppl criticize.but when Daniel Pearl(fron WSJ) got decapitated, those groups STFU.

ralph if you cant help Avon and I sober.. well.. stay drunk biggrin.gif

LOL

and yes the reason I brought it up was:

A: american (which I am) though i dont lay claim to any particular religion i do believe in *god*

B: the sickness of an attack.. killing people in a place of worship, not because of what they have ever done, or believe but simply because of the landmass they claim as home.

thats about it.

in conjunction with the topic,

when us bombed a mosque(accidently as i believe), human-right groups criticized.

when anti-US ppl threw grenades over the weekend, they STFU.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Mar. 18 2002,10:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A: american (which I am) though i dont lay claim to any particular religion i do believe in *god*<span id='postcolor'>

No...you are a Texan.... a HUGE difference tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 18 2002,10:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

"when anti-US ppl threw grenades over the weekend, they STFU."

Everybody knows the anti-US people are bad, horrible, evil, merciless, incidious, cowardly, immoral, etc. so there really is no need to whine about their breach of human rights. You kind of expect those bad, horrible, evil, merciless, incidious, cowardly, immoral, etc. people to do stuff like that anyhow. So everybody shuts up, but that doesn't mean that those anti-US people aren't punished when captured.

"when us bombed a mosque(accidently as i believe), human-right groups criticized."

'Human rights' people whine because U.S. is a supposedly bening entity and thus they shouldn't do stuff like that. Also, nobody is going to get punished for this act, thus whining is necessary to maybe change that.

It's simple really.

What I think is really funky is when gunmen attack the Indian parliament and it barely gets mentioned in the news. Imagine if the White House was assaulted by gunmen... biggrin.gif

Yes. Like I have said several times. Some things are really quite pointless to whine about because everyone agrees that it IS wrong and it IS horrible and it SHOULDNT be done. Why should I start a discussion about a topic I know everyone agrees on?

I find it much more interesting to debate and discuss things that require discussion. How the US acts in foreign matters for example. If the US attacks a terrorist it is not really important to discuss about the terrorists attacks because he is getting his. He is getting punished. But if the US comits crimes during this process it HAS to be discussed because if you do not speak up it will be the same as accepting such behaviour. The same actions that when performed by another party started the entire conflict.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 18 2002,11:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Mar. 18 2002,10:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A: american (which I am) though i dont lay claim to any particular religion i do believe in *god*<span id='postcolor'>

No...you are a Texan.... a HUGE difference tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You mean he's into self-worship? wow.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InRange @ Mar. 18 2002,01:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">First of all, I think room temperature water is good enough for the prisoners. But you have to at least treat them with a bit of decency. These guys were only fighting for their country and for what they believe is right.

But of course, a terrorist act such as what happened today can not be justified.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually anyone who was fighting for thier country was not taken to camp x-ray, the cuban camp is only for al-queda.

From CNN

"Called Camp X-Ray, the detention facility is an open-air, chain-link cell structure where U.S. forces are holding and interrogating 300 suspected Taliban and al Qaeda members."

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you want a definition of the line? here you go:

If you take another human beings life intentionally, you have forfeited your right to live yourself. <span id='postcolor'>

So the executioner should himself be killed?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">thats what a court of law is for: to establish whether or not the killing was intentional. Im not advocating summary executions; any ruling involving the death penalty should not be taken lightly.<span id='postcolor'>

I don't think they are taken lightly, but mistakes are made nonetheless. The court cannot determine whether or not the accused actually comitted the crime, only if the evidence suggests it.

Would you want to die for a crime you did not commit, or a murder you did not intend to commit?

Would you think it fair if your father was "humanely" executed for example?

Just a simple stab with a needle, and he sees nice colors and then it's aaaalright....you can go home now, and you can tell your children what a wonderful world it is we live in, where the governement is allowed to kill people.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 18 2002,09:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Mar. 18 2002,10wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">An example: An israeli jew walks alone into the palestinian areas in West Bank and shouts: "You palestinians are just scum. You should all be killed." Promptly some pissed palestinians beat the jew to death. Was it wrong to kill the jew? Yes. Was the jew stupid for doing what he did? Yes.<span id='postcolor'>

Isn't it amazing folks? Now I would have thought that the comparison would have been a Jew simply walking into a Shechem and Nablus,asking where he can buy a good cup of coffee.

But no! Obviously a Jew couldn't refrain him/herself from calling them scum.

Was Oligo stupid for making such a comparison? Yes.<span id='postcolor'>

I am amazed how people can be that sensitive. Oligo just gave an example of stupid behaviour. Nothing more. No reason to take it politically or personally. He was talking about a very hypotetical stupid individual.

The same goes for Wobble. When people say that the embassy people had it coming it is not about critisizing the US.

As for the church bombing - everybody agrees that it was wrong, evil and horrible. Nobody said that it was good and that they deserved it. What people said was that it wasn't surprising.

Please, lighten up. Nobody in this thread is out to bash your beloved home-country. As for the other stuff, I don't need to post - I agree 100% with all that Oligo and Longinius have posted so far.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 18 2002,13:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Please, lighten up. Nobody in this thread is out to bash your beloved home-country.<span id='postcolor'>

Then don't, plain and simple.

The example didn't even fit the case. Nuf' sed.

He didn't for christs sake!!

He might as well have used a Danish, German, Japanese, Nepalese, Congolese, Samoan person for that story....

It would have made no difference to the morale of the story.

If it is the morale of the story, or the injustice of the world that you do not agree with, then say so.

Why do you take it so personally?

If you simply insist that he hates your country no matter what, then you have really really big problems.

Don't make an enemy out of him, when he is not.

Sheesh, what's next...are you going to accuse me of bashing your country now?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nordin dk @ Mar. 18 2002,14:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">He didn't for christs sake!!<span id='postcolor'>

As you like it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nordin dk @ Mar. 18 2002,14:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is that all you can say?

confused.gifconfused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No.

No need to fight about this. As far as I understood, I managed to relay my point across. That's all that matters.

Apparently not, since it's being misinterpreted and twisted around. I don't necessarily agree with your opinion, but that doesn't mean I should just accuse you of having a bias towards my country.

That is the sort of attitude that causes problems, more than anything else in the world.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nordin dk @ Mar. 18 2002,13:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That is the sort of attitude that causes problems, more than anything else in the world.<span id='postcolor'>

I'd have to agree that this sort of attitude is not the best thing in the world. The important thing is not to get provoked when faced with such attitude: The whole exchange will just deterioriate into a screaming war.

The world is frustrating more often than it is not...

Its strange how people are so easy to get frustrated and insulted by things. I'm not picking on anyone here. I'v been insulted to the point where I don't care what people say about me anymore. What they say about me is irrelivent. What people say about the country I live in is irrelivent. What people say about the flag I have here is irrlivent. So go ahead, if you don't like me or my comments say so. I don't give a dam what you think about me. What I would like to see is a world where everyone has certain rights and have NO right to take anger out on others AND ALSO have NO right to exploit others! The USA, Middle East and many other countries included for example. I am not attacking anyone nation. I just get sick of seeing certain countries exploiting others or bombing other countries and so forth plus all the back stabbing certain countries do. I'm at the point now of being ashamed of being human confused.gif Well no I have been ashamed for a while. I'm also at the point of not caring about anything anymore confused.gif whats the point with all the shit that goes on? whats the point when you just get abused because you have an indipendant opinion and have the balls to state it?

Oh christ another long post... I might as well stop here seeing as most people wouldn't listen anyway confused.gif I have so much to say yet there is no point in saying it as the only main responce would be insults. All this is getting too primitive. Words solve nothing.