Sign in to follow this  
VXR

VXR Addons

This topic will be used for all current and upcoming releases by me.

21-07-2009

Royal Dutch Airforce F16 V0.9 BETA

4-armaholic_1.jpg

This addons adds 1 Royal Dutch Airforce F16 of the 323 Squadron (Leeuwarden). The addon is currently in beta stage, more versions from different squadrons will be included in a later release.

The loadout is currently the same as Footmunch/EddyDs/Myke release and will also be changed in the future releases.

With the support of Foxhound from Armaholic you can download it below.

Royal Dutch Airforce F16 V0.9 BETA (serverkeys included)

3-animation.png

Download (Armaholic.com)

Required addons:

F16 Fighting Falcon by Myke

3-animation.png

Download (Armaholic.com)

Credits:

Footmunch, for the F-16C

Snake Man for optimized MLOD (more lowres LOD's)

eddyD for awesome new textures (awesome work as usual, mate)

modEmMaik for lowpoly Shadow LOD and advices when i needed them

zGuba for config tweakings in the ArmA 1 version (i guess most of them are still in and unchanged)

Eble for the AIM-9L and AIM-120 AMRAAM models incl. Textures.

Maddmatt for the flarescript (taken from ArmA 2 .pbo's)

Some code fragments taken from Franze's F/A18 missile spoof script

Sounds taken from: http://soundboard.com and http://www.therecordist.com

BIS for a awesome game as usual.

If i missed someone by mistake, please let me know so i can put things right. Send me a email and

i'll make sure proper credits are given: michel(dot)henkel(at)bluewin(dot)ch

Edited by VXR

eddyD for awesome new textures.

I simply added a few roundels and text along with some configwork. :)

More screenshots please :)

Is the number on tail random?

The Dutch F16 addons is one tail only. More tails will be added in release V1.0, I will be adding 2 tailnumbers from each Dutch active Squadron. :)

Hmm I've done a lot of research on falcons for some of my artwork and this loadout is totally impossible. You can not load AIM-120's on a TER-9A, I don't even think its possible to mix stores on a TER-9A. The RNLAF never uses the Nav pod of the LANTIRN system. The station where you have the two AIM-120's and the Mk-84 is almost always used for a fueltank, the maverick requires a pylon adapter which appears to be missing and your sidewinder has a AIM-9P Seekerhead which hasn't been used on the F-16AM, Last time I saw one mounted was on a Block10 OCU machine in '95. Also the stencelling on the nose concerning exterior ejection procedures is very distinctive for dutch falcons with a large black placard.

Edited by Supah

The loadout is currently the same as Footmunch/EddyDs/Myke release and will also be changed in the future releases.

So the loadout problem is solved with that quote but thanks for the information when I will do the proper loadout.

For all exterior parts and bits that do not belong on it.. Too bad for now, currently this addon is a BETA just to give the people interested in dutch things a Dutch F16 in advance. The BETA version only links to the model of Footmunch and doesnt have its own p3d model inside the pbo files and because of that it cant be modified just jet.

I'll certainly keep the information you gave me in the back of my mind.

For things that need to be done on the texture. I will get them on it.

Edited by VXR

I've sent you a PM with some images, if you or the people working on the model need more info let me know and I will see what I have :) I have 4 gb of falcon images ;)

Thanks Supah, you received a PM back.

Great stuff Supah! does the central droptank add anything extra to fuel capacity? or is it purely a visual aesthetic?

Great stuff Supah! does the central droptank add anything extra to fuel capacity? or is it purely a visual aesthetic?

This can be set with the fuelCapacity in the config, so it should not be a problem defining those. It does need alot of time to get those empty :p

Are there special mission for the addons aswell?

Not at the moment but I will try to get a decent mission done to release along with the final 1.0 version.

Ok thanks,

Cause how am i to see this F16 now then?

Might be a stupid question but i really have no clue.

Ok thanks,

Cause how am i to see this F16 now then?

Might be a stupid question but i really have no clue.

Just load up the Editor and place the desired unit on the map, set yourself as the player and add some enemies, then click preview. You've just made yourself a tiny mission :)

see ARMA II: DevDiary No. 2 - Editor Basics for a video tutorial on how to do it: