Sign in to follow this  
cadmium77

I'm really baffled by the way people are playing the online multiplayer game.

I had an odd experience the other day in MP too. Just waiting for a co-op to start so I go and play a bit of Domination to bring back some ARMA1 memories.

However, as per usual there is always one fool who has to spoil your fun. He connected, Spawned in, and started TKing. I saw this and ran away with him chasing me. Now as you may know, this type of people are not the most intelligent so I let him chase me to the ATC tower at the airbase and shut the door with me inside. He tries shooting it but cannot work out how to open it.

The silly sod then goes up the ladder and into the top of the tower where I am waiting and he comes in the room. I then walk out, shut the door he came in from and walk away. By this I trapped him in the tower and he couldn't get out! He then got bored after not being able to escape and disconnected.

The moral of the story: Team killers are not the brightest of people and it is really easy to outwit them!

I had an odd experience the other day in MP too. Just waiting for a co-op to start so I go and play a bit of Domination to bring back some ARMA1 memories.

However, as per usual there is always one fool who has to spoil your fun. He connected, Spawned in, and started TKing. I saw this and ran away with him chasing me. Now as you may know, this type of people are not the most intelligent so I let him chase me to the ATC tower at the airbase and shut the door with me inside. He tries shooting it but cannot work out how to open it.

The silly sod then goes up the ladder and into the top of the tower where I am waiting and he comes in the room. I then walk out, shut the door he came in from and walk away. By this I trapped him in the tower and he couldn't get out! He then got bored after not being able to escape and disconnected.

The moral of the story: Team killers are not the brightest of people and it is really easy to outwit them!

This is the most epic way how to fuck around with a TKer. EVER. I salute you, Hellfire257.

Lol hellfire. Did you learn that in your Basic or Advanced?

I completely agree with you OP, I stop playing PVP on Arma 2 last month, same shit over and over again, hardly any teamwork,stupid rules, no action and its always that airbase CTI match, why cant people setup co-op missions or deatmatches inside the huge concrete factory complex???

Now I stick with AI and my buds, screw MP until people start making some variety, and so be it if you love CTI, I dont!

This is the most epic way how to fuck around with a TKer. EVER. I salute you, Hellfire257.
Reminds me of a story I heard where one guy took care of an asshole in SWAT 4 by tasering him over and over and over until he disconnected.

Niark niark niark:bounce3:

Because It comes down to the maturity and level of intelligence of the individuals that comprise the ARMA 2 community as a whole.

I am sick and tired of joining servers and asking things like "do you have a plan?" and getting very stupid answers like "kill commies" or "take all the towns".

Most recently asked a fellow "do you want to coordinate our efforts?" Reply: "nah".

I rest my case.

Very good post though.

Because It comes down to the maturity and level of intelligence of the individuals that comprise the ARMA 2 community as a whole.

I am sick and tired of joining servers and asking things like "do you have a plan?" and getting very stupid answers like "kill commies" or "take all the towns".

Most recently asked a fellow "do you want to coordinate our efforts?" Reply: "nah".

I rest my case.

Very good post though.

As soon as I get my server up and running there'll be a place for you to, uh, get your satisfaction.

Epic Hellfire257. Truly epic :D

I don't mind restrictions in the game that go outside those of the mission designer, as long as the logic behind them feel ok. Some restrictions are already there, such as no tube and heavy weapon system at the same time, or some classes having less item slots than others. Personally I think we could benefit from more restrictions, if natural, but going all PR mod as standard would be bad for mission diversity.

Freedom has a cost. We see this in Domination every day. Everyone wants full freedom, yet they (and me I guess) complain how it plays out. I wouldn't mind at all if some classes became more restricted in what they can do. Such as snipers and medics being tank crews or flying attack helicopters. Restricting it to pilots only might be too harch on a low populated server, but preventing key personell would work fine.

Freedom has a cost. We see this in Domination every day. Everyone wants full freedom, yet they (and me I guess) complain how it plays out. I wouldn't mind at all if some classes became more restricted in what they can do. Such as snipers and medics being tank crews or flying attack helicopters. Restricting it to pilots only might be too harch on a low populated server, but preventing key personell would work fine.

This allready exists :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=85776

I often get asked this question (in warfare matches) and usually give a similar response. Mostly I don't want to tell someone else how to play the game - I might be the "commander" but I don't know what's fun to that other person. I never realized my lack of direction might be interpreted as immaturity, so I guess in the future I'll try to respond more specifically, i.e. "You can do what you want, but we could really use someone to ________"

Well personally i had the game recently and don't have a headset with mic yet .

So having experienced the usual pub servers with "domination" or "domination with revive" full of John Rambos and lone wolf snipers , i decided i had to avoid those servers in multi cause playing this way a simulation like Arma was a pity and gave me little fun (was also repetitive , take out radio tower-clear city- take out radio-clear city etc.. ) , also you can basically do the same offline .

Now i only connect to coop servers with max 7-8 guys in it , pick medic , say hello , and follow the leader . I have been rarely disappointed , usually those servers are populated with players who also look for teamwork and realistic approach ( and 99.9% of the time , these guys are kind as well ) , with recon phases , good tactics , people covering each other etc... It's a slower gameplay , but really immersive , you basically behave like your own life was in danger , i really had good times recently despite not having a mic

IMHO , if one wants a realistic and immersive experience , one has to be in a squad and have a microphone , i don't have it for the moment , but i plan to get one , will help improve my English as well :)

Edited by Is1980

While I mostly agree with the post of the OP, I laughed quite hard when he compared PR to ArmA 2. Ironically, Project Reality has far more teamwork then ArmA 2. Why? Its pratically forced onto the player. You will seldom if EVER see a project reality server with people running around playing ninja elite sniper man. While in ArmA 2, on the other hand, you have just what the OP described; super sniper men with AT's jumping in attack helos and one-manning shit.

In addition, you are comparing Project Reality to Counter Strike? Really?

REALLY?

Insulting a game that you are poor at or that you didn't play (either of which must be true, otherwise you wouldn't be saying the things you said) won't make online any better for ArmA. Fact of the matter is, ArmA II is made in a way where people can get away with not working with team mates at ALL. Project Reality is just the opposite ;D

Edited by aurondude

Fact of the matter is, ArmA II is made in a way where people can get away with not working with team mates at ALL. Project Reality is just the opposite ;D

It's nto Arma II that is made that way, it's the missions you play on most servers that are made that way. Try playing any of my missions or any of the many other realistic missions out there, come to Zeus (and probably TG/simHQ) gaming nights or join a nice squad/clan that knows how to play and you'll see that with a proper mission teamwork is a must, because otherwise your team simply gets wiped out (and mission ends because there's no respawn).

While I mostly agree with the post of the OP, I laughed quite hard when he compared PR to ArmA 2. Ironically, Project Reality has far more teamwork then ArmA 2. Why? Its pratically forced onto the player. You will seldom if EVER see a project reality server with people running around playing ninja elite sniper man. While in ArmA 2, on the other hand, you have just what the OP described; super sniper men with AT's jumping in attack helos and one-manning shit.

In addition, you are comparing Project Reality to Counter Strike? Really?

REALLY?

Insulting a game that you are poor at or that you didn't play (either of which must be true, otherwise you wouldn't be saying the things you said) won't make online any better for ArmA. Fact of the matter is, ArmA II is made in a way where people can get away with not working with team mates at ALL. Project Reality is just the opposite ;D

I'm getting a bit sick of all the ranting about A2 not being teamwork oriented, blablabla, when there ARE people out there that work on missions having all these features implemented and they receive zero help from the same guys asking for said features!

I'm pretty sure Galzohar above would have loooved your feedback on his missions

I would really like some on mine too (/selfish mode ON), because the class restriction I tried to implement have been partly there because you PR people asked for them. Did anyone from PR background test the thing? Never. Did anyone who rants on this very thread helped? Never.

Taking my personnal case : I saw the issues being raised, for example in this very thread, I spent hours on getting something done, I even provide a server where teamplay missions can be played...

In the end, who helped? Long term members of OFP/ArmA community, and peoples who actually searched, read and got interested (loads of thanks to TAW guys). PR guys? None.

You can complain all day about how the missions you play lack teamwork and such like PR has, if you don't play, or at least try, the missions of people who try to provide all this, your rants are useless.

Your issues are not in the ArmA2 game, they lie in the missions you play.

ArmA2 being opened as it is, what you ask for is possible, but not automatically handed to you.

Edited by whisper

Hi all

Still a few people who have not grown out of Rambo-Cannon-Fodder (RCF) mode. The negative training of games like COD is amaizing.

RCF seems to be very persistant in a few players, some kind of lack of immunity to being brain washed I think.

I think more of the clans need to step up to the plate and run training classes. When Zeus gets the new server running they hope to be running such classes. I know some of the other clan servers are running training classes already.

Also people need to read the manuals.

Kind Regards walker

Also people need to read the manuals. What Freeken Manuals. The one that comes with the game is a vague outline at best.

And the other stuff out there does not explain the mechanics of how to operate this sim. One has to guess and learn by observing others as to how to do things. Especially in High Command. You would think that with all the effort the makers of the sim have gone to that they might have bothered to make a bloody manual that is even close to comprehensive.

Unless of course there are manuals out there that explain in detail how to operate this sim. IS THERE?