Sign in to follow this  
topeira

modifing AI behavour according to engagements

hi guys.

2 questions -

1) if i set the AI in the way point to "stealth" or "combat" than does that mean they will behave that way on their way to the way point (and from then on unless told otherwise in another WP)?

the real question is - if i tell the AI to be STEALTHy, if they engage enemies will they change that behaviour or with they remain at STEALTH until the WP is satisfied\completed? can engagements with other enemies change their behaviour?

2) im using "this setunitpos "middle" a lot in the init lines to get AIs to go crouched. i find the AI more reactive and cool that way.

is there a way to tell the AI to stay standing or ust normal but once engaged to go to "crouched"? cuz i want the AI to traves in "limited" and "safe" so they appear convincing in their behaviour but once they see an enemy and start engaging it i want them to go to "crouch".

can it be done? is it simple?

3) is there a way to type in a WP that AIs will becomes "crouched" when they get there? its a shame i can tell them to go "stealth" and "aware" but i can't tell them to change stances.

thanks!

1: Yes, Unfortunately they will go into combat mode and move according to how they move in daylight, i.e running, covering fire when they can, making alot of noise, i.e useless behaviour in a night mission.

2: As far as I've understood this, it can not be done in an easy way, you will have to learn how to code your own FSM

I personally don't like the way the AI behave in "Stealth" and set to speed "Limited" in Arma the AI would crawl to their position when set to "Stealth/Limited" in Arma 2 they'll run about as they normally do...

Forcing the AI to be prone doesn't seem to have any affect at all when they are engaged in combat :/

Need to do more tests on this matter.

3: Yes, in the "On Act" of the waypoint using "thislist" will list all units currently having the waypoint.

so

On Act: {_x setUnitPos "MIDDLE"}forEach thislist;

Would make them be crouched when they reach that waypoint.