Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

WTF with the AI?

What is wrong with the AI units in my group?? I tell them to mount vehicle and one or two will go running off somewhere. Or we receive contact and my squad goes off somewhere and they get lost?! What is up with the AI?? Has anyone heard of them fixing this in the next patch??

I've been playing with AI on some of the servers that allow you to recruit them.

It's funny, because I tell them to load up in a chopper and IF I'm lucky they will run around in circles for a couple of minutes and finally get in. Typically only some of them will get in and then I have almost pull them out because they won't disembark.

Working with an AI squad is too frustrating for me ATM.

What is wrong with the AI units in my group?? I tell them to mount vehicle and one or two will go running off somewhere. Or we receive contact and my squad goes off somewhere and they get lost?! What is up with the AI?? Has anyone heard of them fixing this in the next patch??

This annoys me to no ends in single player...

The AI driving skills needs to be improved, alot.

If there is another car in the way don´t drive into it...or all the sudden go offroad...

When in single player I disembarked from the chopper and my medic found it reasonable to run 5000 metres south of the rest of the team, wouldn't listen to orders at all and then had the nerve to start repeatedly saying 'Where are you?'.

As such the ai definatly needs some work I agree but I trust BI to put it right in the end they usually do!

;1379290']As such the ai definatly needs some work I agree but I trust BI to put it right in the end they usually do!

LOL.. have you played ArmA1?

set them to Aware status, they don't run around all over the place in that mode.

when under fire put them into danger so they take cover and stuff

Odd, I don't get this problem at all, only AI issue I have is in the campaign's later missions when they refuse to move.

get them in the chopper before you get in or get in the chopper in first person view and select get in. The AI driving skills is horrible, i don't use the WSAD keys but give them the move there command or use the command view.

;1379290']

As such the ai definatly needs some work I agree but I trust BI to put it right in the end they usually do!

Sorry for the off topic (it was stronger than me): yeah, just like they fixed the hatred Hdr effect... :mad: