Sign in to follow this  
eJay

Razor Two - I'm confused!

Hi

I've tried to play Harvest Red campaign again (testing new ways to complete missions). Now I'm in Razor Two scenario. What I did:

- talked to Dressler

- talked to Marny

- talking to Olegich in Staroye (after fights beetwen rednecks and Chedaki)

- get some info about possible Bardak position (quarry)

- talked with Vyshnoye villagers and get to the castle - no Lopotev, only map evidence

- go to the northern camp position, where I gain photos evidence

- go to quarry in Solnichny - no Bardak, no dog tags evidence

- the I got info about Lopotev escaping to Russia, get 20 minutes to catch him near Gorka

- get the transport support and flew to Gorka

- no Lopotev, no Bardak, just info about mission failure

My conclusion:

- catching Bardak is too randomly (last time I got him near Solnichny quarry)

- overall time limit is just too short (twice!)

How about yours ways to complete it?

Here's a complete walkthru for you.

When you start, load your men into the chopper. If you don't know where the north camp is, speak to Dressler and have him mark it on the map.

Fly to Vyshnoye, land SW of the y-cross just south in town where there's an open field. Upon landing you will be attacked by a single gunman. You can take him out with the minigun.

Run to the middle of town and talk to the guy by the fountain/waterpump. He'll tell you about Malek in the farm S of town and roughly W of the castle. If you see a blue civil Ural in the Y-crossing, use that. It will sometime help.

Go to Malek in his farm. On the first choice press 2 (Please cooperate) and then 1 (Want to go to jail?). He will say that they were in the castle but has probably left now. Run up to the castle. Halfway to the castle - SAVE! Check the castle, he's rarely inside but he IS around. I've played this like 20 times and he is ALWAYS there, but you need to talk to both guys (fountain guy and Malek). Coop might say something about smelling smoke and so on upon entering the castle area. On the bench next to the tent right next to the castle, you'll find some evidence. This is 1/4. Search the nearby area. Bardak always has one bodyguard (sniper) sometimes two. Don't worry, sometimes it will take up to 4-5 minutes before you find the sniper (or Bardak) who is always on the move (walking, unless he has seen you) but always passing the castle. When you kill the sniper, run towards where he was coming from if you don't see Bardak. Now comes the tricky part. When approaching Bardak you want Coop to yell don't move or I'll shoot and have Bardak freeze. 4/5 times he'll run (and Coop will yell Bastard!) and you have to load, but this time you'll know the approx area he's in at least. When Bardak freezes - SAVE! and backtrack, do NOT approach him so he's arrested.

If you want to collect all the evidence, read on - if not, just approach him, arrest him and the mission is over.

Mark Bardak on the map (he doesn't have a marker on the map and Razor won't report seeing him unless he's unknown) and run back to the LZ and call in Starforce 21. Fly to the Quarry and kill the men there. Search the guy with balaklava/ski mask. You should get an option saying "Take dogtags". If not, select one in Razor by pressing e.g. F2 - 6 and take dog tags. This is evidence 2/4.

Find a suitable LZ and call in Starforce 21. SAVE!

OPTIONAL: Go back to the base where you started and send the UAV to the northern camp and take out armor in the surrounding area/towns for a closer landing.

Fly to the northern camp and find a suitable LZ. If you did not use the UAV it has to be about 0.5-1km S of the camp across the road and between the towns on either side in order to not be shot down.

Take out the team in the northern camp. I prefer to attack from the south, withdraw back to a tiny forrest and take them out across the field. In the forrest you're easily out flanked. You can also use StarForces minigun on approach. In the tent in the northern camp, you'll find some photos which is evidence 3/4. Call in StarForce 21 and land on the old LZ SW of Vyshnoye. Run to the marker on the map where Bardak is and arrest him. He is evidence 4/4 and you have a complete success.

* If the chopper hovers midair due to shooting (and threat is over), open map, hit 0-8-1 and click on the original LZ to land

* Sometimes Bardak's car is on the foot of the hill, sometimes it just explodes. If it does he is most likely to run to the Ural you stole.

* Sometimes when searching the area, Bardak manages to sneak back to the castle and jumps into the car and tries to drive off (which he never manages). When this happens, just load as you won't manage to get him to freeze now.

As soon as the mission started I took the helicopter to the quarry. Killed the npc's there and Bardak showed up. I think I shot his car tyre and he got out of the car. Instead of staying with him and thus ending the mission, I left him and went and did the rest of the tasks, except for looking for Lopotev as I'd tried the mission several times before without being able to locate him. After the tasks were complete I flew back to the quarry and Bardak was still stood in the same position with his hands behind his head :). I headed towards him and finished the mission.

Can someone please tell me how to get the chopper pilot to fly me places? I can get him to move sometimes but he goes to some weird places.

I board the helicopter with my squad first and then I open the map. Press 0 (zero)-Communications-Support-Transport- (Can't remember if Transport is the last option as I'm not in-game at the moment but make sure your cursor is pointing at your destination on the map when you click the final couple of options)

Follow this walkthrough EXACTLY:

1. Travel via helicopter to the base and talk to Dressler. Then talk to Marny(Actually you might only need to talk to Dressler because I forgot which one is the guy who marks your map for you).

2. Go to the quarry west of Lopotev's hometown. Kill the three Chedaki there and take the dog tags. To find the dog tags (The bag is impossible to find in the grass) simply select one of your units, press 6, and select "Take dog tags". Your man should run up to the dead guy who dropped the tags. Look around his body until you find them. If this isn't working for you, you can just turn down the detail in the option menu and the bag sticks out like a sore thumb.

2. Travel to to the northern most X on your map (It should have been marked by Dressler or Marny, I can't remember). After you wipe out the guys at the camp, go inside the tent and take the photos.

3. Go to Vyshnoye. A little to the south is a castle. Inside it is an abandoned Chedaki camp. On a table next to a tent there is a mapcase. Take it.

4. Fly over to Gorka. There is a road heading south from the center of the town. Travel down it for a little while, but make sure not to get too far from the town. Now wait off to the side of the road. About this time you'll get a message that Lopotev is trying to escape and you have 20 minutes to catch him. Just wait (I use fast forward because depending on how fast you moved you may be waiting for a while) and you'll see a red car comming up the road. Inside is Bardak (One of his minions might be in the car with him. For me it was just Bardak but be prepared for anything!). Shoot out the tires and if there is a guy with Bardak then kill him too but don't shoot Bardak. If he runs, just chase after him for a little while (He won't get far) and you'll eventually get a cutscene where you arrest him.

Now you're probably wondering where the 4th piece of evidence went. Well, Bardak IS the 4th piece of evidence, so as long as you collect the other three pieces before catching Bardak, you should get full credit. Also note, Lopotev is not catchable. Don't bother looking for him because he's not in the level. Another thing, Bardak can also be found at any of the three places where you obtain evidence or traveling to any one of them. If you want to complete the objective, you need to get all three before you capture him because once you do, the mission ends. Because of this, you must move as quickly as possible or you might run into him.

I hope this helps. I'm sorry if it's too complicated, and if you encounter any bugs/snags this may not work!

Fly over to Gorka. There is a road heading south from the center of the town. Travel down it for a little while, but make sure not to get too far from the town. Now wait off to the side of the road. About this time you'll get a message that Lopotev is trying to escape and you have 20 minutes to catch him. Just wait (I use fast forward because depending on how fast you moved you may be waiting for a while) and you'll see a red car comming up the road. Inside is Bardak (One of his minions might be in the car with him. For me it was just Bardak but be prepared for anything!). Shoot out the tires and if there is a guy with Bardak then kill him too but don't shoot Bardak. If he runs, just chase after him for a little while (He won't get far) and you'll eventually get a cutscene where you arrest him.

I tell the chopper to fly me to Gorka. I stand in approx. the center, and post my teammates around the roads.

Nothing happens. Not shit. For fucking ages. Then those assholes call me, and tell me he slipped away.

This is just too stupid. What the hell does BIS expect us to do? What fucking road does he come from?! There are roads all over that place! You don't think you could be a bit more specific, Da Bomb? Please? This is just pissing me off.