Sign in to follow this  
mcruppert

Star Wars Stormtrooper

Ok, thanks. Man that's not fair. I got so excited now about this. For a Star Wars Mod, god damnit, I'd pay for it :p

There's a quote somewhere on here from the OP stating that... let me see if I can dig it up.

And yes, simply amazing work so far... Who would have thought I could play in my sandbox with my Army toys AND Star Wars toys?

Let's just hope it really hasn't died.

EDIT - here's the post I was referring to.. http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1716200&postcount=566 :(

That is NOT his newest post ;)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1777956&postcount=581

Yeah, hopefully it's not really dead or maybe one day he will release what he has. It looks like there is a ton of stuff that is ready to be played with, like those TIE Fighters. Anyway, thanks for the tips on how to make the Stormtroopers bluefor, but I am needing to do it within the addons config. I want to add them to my warfare map as kinda a hidden easter egg. As it is right now, as soon as they pop out of the barracks they are gunned down by any nearby AI. If anyone wants to know how to fix the falling laser beams, all you need to do is change the initspeed of the magazine. A setting of about 1000 works pretty good. Also, change the "hit" of the bullet to about 12 if you want a more realistic fake laser. Everyone knows that if you are anybody except a main character, then lasers are instantly fatal.

Yeah, hopefully it's not really dead or maybe one day he will release what he has. It looks like there is a ton of stuff that is ready to be played with, like those TIE Fighters. Anyway, thanks for the tips on how to make the Stormtroopers bluefor, but I am needing to do it within the addons config. I want to add them to my warfare map as kinda a hidden easter egg. As it is right now, as soon as they pop out of the barracks they are gunned down by any nearby AI. If anyone wants to know how to fix the falling laser beams, all you need to do is change the initspeed of the magazine. A setting of about 1000 works pretty good. Also, change the "hit" of the bullet to about 12 if you want a more realistic fake laser. Everyone knows that if you are anybody except a main character, then lasers are instantly fatal.

The TIE-Fighter are about finished, but the author is waiting for McRuppert to release his TIE-pilot.

I know its not the most intelligent thing because now TWO addons are hanging in the air but what can you do.

Thanks Abs, I will give that a try. I copied a config line from another mod that was something to the effect of side = 1, but not exactly. It was from the Aliens marine addons. It didn't work whatever it was.

I don't think there will be anything like AT-AT units. I know he was working on them for a long time and it seemed he was having animation problems. Beside, it would be all but impossible for them to walk anywhere that wasn't a parking lot. I guess they would work pretty good in a flat desert or snow world, if he ever gets them working. Here's hoping. It seems to me he has done a ton of work so far.

I tried side = 1 and side = twest but I get an error when I start that says the member faction is already defined. There is something in that small config that has them locked down as being on the Independent faction and I'm to newb to figure it out.

Never mind, I'm an idiot. Somehow I managed to miss the line that said side = 2 and that's why you should never try to figure something out while your sleepy. Thanks again Abs, side = 1 works fine.

Edited by Perineum

hey guys!

you see im still here BUT i have big problems so i dont see any progress at the moment! im standing in front of a big wall and cant do anything...

i get to many errors ingame and i dont know why.

i dont get my own configs anymore and cant find the mistakes so i did s step back in progress... :(

by the way: someone noticed that?

http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/1028/arma22010110418115422.jpg

;)

Edited by McRuppert

hey guys!

you see im still here BUT i have big problems so i dont see any progress at the moment! im standing in front of a big wall and cant do anything...

Well just ask for help....Whats your problem with the configs? What do the error messages say?

I wish i had more skills to help, i would be on this like Han solo was on Princess Lea after the Return of the Jedi credits started rolling :P

Hi, i am from russia and my english is very bad:(.I think that star wars is not popular in my country.I like star wars and I was surprised when I looked some videos on youtube.I has read all posts.I know that you had done lots of work.It takes you a lot of time and you shouldn't stop working, I think.I would can help you if I knew how to do it.Don't stop working please.Sorry if you don't understand me:rolleyes:

If you speak English anywhere near as good as you type it, then I would say your English is pretty good.

It would be nice if we had a couple more starwars toys to play with. I added the Strormtroopers to my Benny Edition Warfare as a hidden easter egg. Once people found them they were a huge hit. Now there are always Stormtroopers filling out everyone's squads in our games.

i dont get my own configs anymore and cant find the mistakes so i did s step back in progress... :(
no thanks i dont need models i just have to get my weapons working

Maybe i can give a hand once cal.68 is out of the door .. will contact you via pm (german?) :turn:

ein blick über die configs wäre super ich check 0 mehr durch :P

@Perineum... random?? does inspire me to think of Bacta Tanks though...

@McRuppert I wish there was someway we could help, alas I'm only novice at scripts and configs.

@Calthazar Potentially looking for an active squad??

I reccomend http://www.sfod-delta.com United States Special Operations Command.

Teamspeak: ts3.sfod-delta.com Port:7085

A highly professional squad!

@Premium, im not sure about heal ability but there is this page on revive scripts http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=74396 .

Maybe you can get something from that i hope :)

Edited by JAG_ACE

Hahahaha thats pretty funny, there is allot of cool stormtrooper stuff on youtube, this is one of my favs

if anyone cares, i figured out how to make the stormtroopers as medics. All you have to do is change the base class to the medic class. Change USMC_soldier to USMC_soldier_medic.