Sign in to follow this  
Pundaria

In editor, how to place someone into a house rather than standing on the roof?

In editor, how to place someone into a house rather than standing on the roof?:confused:

In the unit's init:

this setPos ((getPos this nearestObject [i]ID[/i]) buildingPos [i]index[/i])

ID is the building ID which you can find by turning on "Show IDs" in the editor. Index corresponds to which building pos to place him at (enterable buildings usually have several depending on their size).

You can find building pos's by making yourself a squad leader, selecting a unit in game, and putting your cursor over a specific area of the building. The index will be 1 less than the number that shows up in your cursor (since they are 0 based, but in game they show starting at 1).

Edited by Big Dawg KS

Or you can give him a move waypoint in the house and pick the position from the drop down list. You have to test to see where each position is in the house but it works. Usually position #1 is near the entrance and higher numbers are further/higher in the building!

Or you can put this is init field:

this setPos [getPos this select 0,getPos this select 1,0];

You can set it to 0 (zero) this way it will ensure unit is at ground floor and not on roof.

Cheers.

In the unit's unit:

this setPos ((getPos this nearestObject [i]ID[/i]) buildingPos [i]index[/i])

ID is the building ID which you can find by turning on "Show IDs" in the editor. Index corresponds to which building pos to place him at (enterable buildings usually have several depending on their size).

You can find building pos's by making yourself a squad leader, selecting a unit in game, and putting your cursor over a specific area of the building. The index will be 1 less than the number that shows up in your cursor (since they are 0 based, but in game they show starting at 1).

type in initialization or condition???

Also had issues here. Same line of code, different places or characters. Some just will not stop landing on the roof.

this setPos [getPos this select 0,getPos this select 1,0];

Assuming 1 is position in building?

Or you can give him a move waypoint in the house and pick the position from the drop down list. You have to test to see where each position is in the house but it works. Usually position #1 is near the entrance and higher numbers are further/higher in the building!

This has been the best way for me, if I have had issues. Just put them outside and send them in.

Not good for hostages and so though.