Sign in to follow this  
RGN07

What setting is the biggest fps killer ?

I know it has to be a combination, but what is the single biggest fps killer? post proc, shadows, texture det, terrain det, AA, etc...?

I know it has to be a combination, but what is the single biggest fps killer? post proc, shadows, texture det, terrain det, AA, etc...?

AA will kill your FPS faster than anything else..

It partially depends on your rig. If you have a weaker gfx card, settings like texture detail and/or shadows on high will eat FPS. Personally, I find object detail to be the main performance killer. Setting that on very low massively increases my framerate, on very high everything slows to a crawl in towns.

AA and shadows

I find shadows (vhigh, low, disabled) make little or no difference fa me :)

Personnelly, I find the power button to have the greatest performance increase. Quietly followed by resolution, distance, most process (mostly motion blur) object detail, aa (only kills a few fps for me) world detail.

It depends on your PC. On my PC, terrain detail makes the biggest difference followed by object detail.

terrain details irks me, as it seems to make utterly 0 diffrence from very high to very low.

terrain details irks me, as it seems to make utterly 0 diffrence from very high to very low.

In combination with high/vhigh object detail it can be pretty bad. I think it's highly CPU-dependent though, as the performance loss is no longer so large for me since I've upgraded my CPU and RAM.

View distance is obviously also a major factor. 2-3.5km should be fine for most people.

Draw distance by far, 60 solid at 500m and about 20-25 at 10000 :(

Other than that fil-rate definitely.

I run at about 5km and it seems fine, but AA is a no-go for me.

For me it was Postprocess effects, almost doubled my FPS by turning it off plus i think graphic looks much better with it off :)

Oddly, the biggest killer for me is having the 3d resolution and the interface resolution set to the same value. With interface set lower than 3d I get a massive FPS increase.

Cheers

Ads

Seem slike everyone has a different issue, the only universal one being ArmA2.exe

I´d say depends on your Hardware. Biggest performance hog on my system is 3D render res (R4850 w/ 512mb Vram).

What setting is the biggest fps killer ?

The campaign setting!!

20-25 fps when it's kicking off in the campaign. Yet i can get a solid framerate in the editor with Utorrent and loads of windows open, watching HD stuff with VLC on the other screen.

Campaign mode just kills it.