Sign in to follow this  
-ASA-ODEN

Oden Warfare

Looks tasty. Gonna check it out real coon.

Edited by ziiip

This was great,

I started an Inv/Warfare 3 W All Map on a dedi and played about 3 hrs. Came back 8 hrs later and when I rejoined, it put me back in the same vehicle, same spot on the map, along with the AI I had left.

And the missions has progressed.

Nice :)

Server does have persistance enabled.

found some JIP bugs. sometimes when u join a slot, u spawn alone in middle of no where, hitting respawn dont work, have to go back to lobby an come back in. also some times u join, and ur not leader of ur AI, and it can be a pain to get it sorted, so again, hve to go back to lobby and come back in, normally after disbanding all ur AI 1 by 1 if u can finally regain control of them

Now I have seen some as the above post, it took the 5th time of rejoining. I spawned at the original start of the mission (not actually in the middle of no where). Seems like it though :)

Also had the "fire in the sky" bug on the 3rd join, which went away within 3-5 mins.

Playing the Cold version, the server disappeared (red chain) after about an hour. The server showed in Task Mgr, but not in the MP server's list. Had to restart it.

Still having fun with the missions though :)

Hi Oden. You have made a fantastic warfare, best out there right now so thanks! As posted above by nemesis, urc had oden 3 in the rotation last thursday-saturday. we only got the server up to a max of 12 players mainly due to the jip problems causing players to leave. I think oden warfare will really take off once this is corrected. Some suggestions/input beyond jip:

- fast travel - can enabling fast travel for smaller missions be an option and/or the ability to remotely order transport helos only from the air factory (best gameplay option)? Also, there is an issue when fast travelling with an infantry squad where your ai troops appear inside the town center of the destination and cannot get out. i currently load my squad into a transport truck prior to fast travel travel to avoid this.

- even smaller scenario - 6 towns but they are closer together and no fast travel. possibly limit units to transport helos and light vehicles. would make for a quick and brutal warfare session. would also make oden wf more viable in a server auto rotation since it wont take too long to complete. I opened up your pbo to test a utes merge, but could not display the towns on the map, just the colored region overlays.

Again, thanks for all your work and innovation in making invasion/warfare!

Hi Gutm@sher, thanks for your kind words.

I too have seen this JIP issue Nemesis describes, will look into it when I get time.

Fast Travel seems to be more popular than I thought so I will try and add it as an option for the smaller map options too.

Reason for the repositioning after fasttravel is to be able to go for another fasttravel directly (not often possible in default WF). I guess I need to look over how close to depot units will arrive though :-)

You mention vehicle limit which I find interesting as I have been thinking of making a "Infantry" version of this with trucks and jeeps only - Guess it could be worth the effort to continue this trail.

There is already a Utes version done, I use it for test and evaluation but I can pack it with the next update for fun.

Now, currently I'm working on a "co65_Platoon" mission so it will take some time before the next WF update can be worked on.

Quick update for when you get back to invasion/warfare. It seems that the mission is a bit unstable post 1.03 patch but still very playable. it could be something on my end, but havent changed anything. this applies particularly to lan as I havent played it much on the server lately but I assume some of the warfare updates in the patch are affecting it. Thanks

if you start as the comander, how do you give the ai squads orders to move and capture etc?

what is the default view distance in this mission (at ground level?). Is there any way to control it in-game?

It seems to overide my instant viewdistance mod (which I cant access from within the mission).

Mandrake5, there should be no forced ViewDistance in the "latest" version (pbo from 31st July 20:03)

Used to be 1600m but after reading all confused post regarding objects popping up at 40% VD or so I opted its removal.

Dunno if it was wise so maybe I'll put it in as a parameter or have it set at 2000m for the next update (waiting for 1.04 hoping server.exe will read param1 etc. from server.cfg so I dont have to keep 36 mission folders up-to-date :-( and setDate-lag or not will denote fastTimes existence)

PS.

thx LockJaw-65- for the kind words :-)

hehe, yes I'm working on the final touch of a brand new AJS-37 Viggen cockpit for FreeFalcon5 while trying to sort out strange behaviour in co65 Platoon and this darn Warfare mode..

Going nuts in a slow but uncontrolled pace :-)

Edit: Updated first post with interim version 4.

Edited by [ASA]ODEN

Hi Oden,

Thanks for the update, glad to see work continuing! issue - it seems that if i select full map warfare in cold version 4, the game defaults back to 18 towns. tried it several times with different combinations but could not achieve full map, only 18 towns. suggestion -can you have the ability to display squad names on the map so i can quickly determine where i am, where my mates are and where the various numbered ai squads are located? Thanks.

Opps, I'd better have a look at that 18-issue :-)

Result from fast'n'furious I guess haha.

I've tried to add text to the markers but they are MARTA generated (or HC won't work) and as such they slap me in the head (tried to force text to MARTA just like one can force a groupicon but no joy).

I could keep a 2nd set or markers running for all friendly groups but they usually lag a little making it look silly (at least from my tests).

If I come up with a good solution your wish will come true but until then..

Hello, I was wondering how to set the game options so that the gamespeed time runs at normal speed, not at 3 min = 15 seconds?

Also, how do you get to that nice looking "parameters" menu on the screenshot that allows you set how many towns, etc?

sorry if these are newb questions, but help a newb out! thanks!

hi Moose, parameters are only accessible running latest 1.03 beta patch. Otherwise version 4 should have fastTime off as it's usage of setDate[] induced severe lag every 15 seconds.

Has anyone tried if this mission is able to save the progress?

I removed the save event but each time you suspend it should save - haven't tested though :-).

Ok... I'll give it a go later and try.

The EVO 3.x missions saves really well. I added a parameter in some of my missions (with the new 1.04 parameter system) to enable or disable save... That way anyone can choose.

I love the new parameter system!

Thanks Oden.

However, I am currently running the beta, but I still do not know how do get to that parameters page? I'm sure it's really simple and I'm just being dumb, but I guess I need it spelled out, among other things.

Secondly, what is the difference between invasion and regular modes? When I load up both maps in sp, they seem the same, in that the ai starts with one base and starts expanding. I had assumed this was how invasion mode worked, but how do I get access to play the mode where you start as the defender of all towns instead of the enemy AI, and then the enemy AI is the one starting with the single base and more resources to attack you?

I am playing in sp only for the moment. thanks!

Hi Oden,

maybe known bug, but here goes - after your artillery is depleted, how do i get rid of it to build another battery? notes say you have to buy another battery, but that option is not available. ive tried satchel charging the old battery to make a new one available, but no joy. seems that using arty batteries is a one time use deal atm. @moose - just to verify, you have the mission installed in your mpmissions folder and you are starting oden via "multiplayer" not "singleplayer" correct? the parameters button is on the bottom right of the oden warfare lobby to change all of the variables. as for invasion, if you are the invader you start out with no towns. if you are the defender you start out with ALL the towns. so if you are playing as west and want to be the invader, make sure that the option "invasion by west" is selected in the paramaters. hope this helps.

Thanks Gutm@sher, I think that was indeed the problem. I was loading it in single player. Will try that out tonight.