Sign in to follow this  
-ASA-ODEN

Oden Warfare

Yes Gutm@sher, battery gets stuck. I hope I fixed it in version 5 (see first post) but I'm not 100% positive in my beta testing. I did manage to deplete my mortar battery using all 5 fire missions and then buy a M119 battery, but I bet something will bug sometime :-)

Also in version 5:

Airports, all three active (no matter running reduced region)

UAV at airports (terminal outside hangar, get UAV like you buy an aircraft). buggy as hell but a start - see note in first post.

Ded.server packs removed.

airports activated, nice oden. i was wondering about that. its like wafare christmas tonight with oden and benny updates!

havent played v5 much at all yet but did jump on real quick to see capturable airports. this is a very nice addition, thanks oden. one quick note is that at the large airport (only one i went to), the c130 spawns facing south east with it's right wing inside the hangar so it gets stuck when trying to move. thought you would like to know. 3 questions - i love the air fights that unfold with the air support feature. makes it truely epic! what would be the performance impact if max air support was raised from 2 to say 4 or 6 per side? also, what is the seperation of the starting locations of the sides? in prior version sometimes they start fairly close to each other but dont know about version 5. do you have any plans to impliment the option of having the planes spawned at the airport to have ai pilots?

not a whiner complaint but an observation - version 4 seemed to be much more demanding on my rig than than prior versions and can be very laggy at times compared to the other large warfare i play, benny's (specs-i7, 12gb ram, gtx280). this is when playing lan and i hope to test ver 5 on my group's server sometime this week. but you do have many more towns and the variety of game setup options that sets oden invasion/warfare apart. also, ai gunners at camp defense emplacements seem to be asleep at the wheel most of the time. hope you find this stuff useful. thanks oden.

Awesome work Oden, adds alot to Arma 2.

Question:

Is Oden Warfare 5 compatible with dedicated server? I spawn in the middle of a field by myself and unable to play. Is there a separate download for ded servers?

so last night im using oden's to help troubleshoot my patch 1.04 problems and saw something pretty great. i had just taken the large airport and here comes an ai harrier. it lands at the south end of the runway, rolls to the north end, turns onto the taxiway, comes down beside the spawn hangar, jumps out, apparently rearms or repairs, jumps back in, taxis to south end, turns onto the active and takes off. i thought i'd crap my pants! only starnge thing was that as the plane was taxing toward the spawn hangar, he dropped some ordinance which exploded but didnt appear to harm him.

btw, i built a uav but couldnt figure out how to control it (no actions at uav terminal). it took off on it's own, turned left and crashed into some trees.

I just started playing this mission, and I shortly went through this thread. Thankfully it's not so long :)

I see that there is a discussion about fast travel. Personally I would agree with who says that fast travel is not realistic, but it would be nice to have the option to open the city menu without actually having to go to that city. The manual says it's possible, I still have to figure out how.

That said, how about adding some configuration to make everyone happy? Personally, I would also like bigger team sizes. I will conquer Chernarus city by city with my own team of 200 people :)

Thanks for the mission Oden

By the way, I got this problem:

Error in expression <uinamespace getvariable "_displayMain") displayremoveEventhandler [_current, BIS>
 Error position: <displayremoveEventhandler [_current, BIS>
 Error Type Any, expected Number
File ca\modules\hc\data\scripts\HC_GUI.sqf, line 596

It happened while I was playing with the construction interface. I got out, and somehow the cursor didn't go back to its normal state. I'm not sure of what I did after that to get that error.

Hope it's useful

Get in a captured town and purchase soldiers........make sure you have the dough. I got tired of clicking the arrow, after 52.

Do not do it while actually inside the bunkers.

Sitting in a vehicle is the best way, 3rd person :)

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

I tried v5 recently - my only criticism was that insurgent towns are too easy to capture compared to Benny's (i.e. not enough insurgents!). Is this adjustable in the set up at all?

thanks

Get in a captured town and purchase soldiers........make sure you have the dough. I got tired of clicking the arrow, after 52.

Do not do it while actually inside the bunkers.

Sitting in a vehicle is the best way, 3rd person :)

you are right. I can actually do it even inside a bunker. But if I do that at the HQ I cannot get more than 10. Strange. Besides, at the HQ I can get more soldiers. The dialog seems to be bugged somehow, I can get a list only at the beginning, for all units

I never considered the dif in recruiting a bug as much as a feature. you can buy only 10 guys at the base but they can be any kind while at the town centers they are pretty basic. not to get too "benny's vs oden's" because they each have unique features to offer, but i do like the ability to recruit units from anywhere on the battlefield and have them come to me. there is just something satisfying about having a chopper or osprey flying in loaded with your guys to reinforce your position!

I never considered the dif in recruiting a bug as much as a feature. you can buy only 10 guys at the base but they can be any kind while at the town centers they are pretty basic. not to get too "benny's vs oden's" because they each have unique features to offer, but i do like the ability to recruit units from anywhere on the battlefield and have them come to me. there is just something satisfying about having a chopper or osprey flying in loaded with your guys to reinforce your position!

Well, I might agree on the limitedness of choice, but to me the limitedness of number is a bit inconsistent. In the best case it should be the other way round: at the town centers you can't buy men if you have 10 already.

hey Guys

can someone tell me the script name that loads this script?

Server\AI\Advanced\Advanced_UpdateSquad.sqs :cool:

thnx

fogu

Thats the old ArmA 1 routine, not used.

In ArmA2 "Server\AI\Team\Team_Update.sqf" is used and called as "BIS_WF_UpdateTeam" from "Server\Init\Init_Server.sqf" as [_x,_template,_dedicatedMission] Spawn BIS_WF_UpdateTeam;

/theOden

hmm okay if im correct this was the script were you can change that the Ai squad can buy air units?

so can i use ur script and the Ai is able to buy some choppers?

thnx

and sry for my bad Englisch;)

Yes, thats where to edit such features.

Currently AI do buy choppers (if enough funds) as part of the 3 airsupport units allowed each side though these more often show up as airplanes - look for and edit pUSMCCAS array in airport.sqf in common\config folder (can't remember the sqf filename out of my head, but you'll figure it out).

what is Oden SP??? Singleplayer or For Lan?? In SP i can't vote for Commander. how disable grass in sp?

Edited by TeilX

Hi,

Looks like the MPmission stalls on soldier selection if the user takes some time to select or is browsing the info of each role. Cheers

Hi Oden, I was looking forward to playing your latest map last night. When in the game none of the constrution worked for me, I let ai becaome commander and it seemed to work fine for them. I then loaded up some of your older versions and that was the same?? any ideas thanks

Hi: I agree with Mandrake5

I tried v5 recently - my only criticism was that insurgent towns are too easy to capture compared to Benny's (i.e. not enough insurgents!). Is this adjustable in the set up at all?

thanks

Can you please let me know where to edit the insurgents/enemies spawned in each town? WAY TO FEW in the towns. Thanxs, Robert.

I cannot buy units or men with any of the SP maps. I was excited to see a SP version with a save option and it was too good to be true.

I cannot buy units or men with any of the SP maps. I was excited to see a SP version with a save option and it was too good to be true.

Same problem with me can't buy weapons either. At the start up map screen my gear is m16/acog/m203 but when actually starting I get only an m16/acog.

Even tried it hosting on lan but no dice. I'd like to play it, but since there are no cheat codes, there is no way am I going to defeat Russia armed only with a spork.