Sign in to follow this  
sander

RCIR - NATO Camo

Hi,

Another simple reskin addon has been made available. This adds a number of reskinned Force Recon assaults units intended to roughly represent various US, Dutch, German and French special operations forces. While not exactly matching high grades of accuracy regarding attire and armament, at least it adds some variety to complement the default USMC units.

Regards,

Sander

Use at your own risk, these files are not an official addon.

Version:

--------

RCIR - NATO camo reskins V1.02

V1.00:

- Original release of units in six different camouflage patterns

V1.01:

- Updated existing units with appropriate low LOD texture

- Added two additional classes in Multicam

- Added generic NATO flag for non US units

- Added desert camouflage units

V1.02

- Fixed config entry for faction to prevent patch 1.04 error message

- Signed the addon

Contents:

---------

This archive contains the following four files:

readme.txt

rcir.bikey

rcir_nato_camo.pbo

rcir_nato_camo.pbo.rcir.bisign

Required version:

-----------------

Created and tested using ARMA II Patch 1.04.

Required addons:

----------------

None, can be used with default Arma2.

Acknowledgements:

-----------------

Reskins by Sander.

Description:

------------

This addon contains a number of reskinned units for use in Arma2 based on the Force Recon assault units. These are intended to represent US Army (ACU), - Air Force (Multicam) and - Navy (Woodland) special operations units as well as adding some units intended to represent Dutch (DPM), German (Flecktarn) and French (CCE) units. In addition there are Czech (Vz95) Latvian (Barracuda) and Dutch (three colour desert) units as well as some US personnel in AOR1. Although not exactly conforming to high standards of accuracy regarding details of attire and weaponry, it will have to do till the release of tooling.

New classes added on BluFor side:

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Soldier_DPM

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Grenadier_DPM

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Medic_DPM

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Demolitions_DPM

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Soldier_Fleck

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Marksman_Fleck

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Medic_Fleck

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Demolitions_Fleck

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Soldier_CCE

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Grenadier_CCE,

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Medic_CCE

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_FAC_CCE

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Medic_SFSG

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_FAC_SFSG

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_CRO_SFSG

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_STO_SFSG

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Soldier_Woodland

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Grenadier_Woodland

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Sniper_Woodland

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Machinegunner_Woodland

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Medic_Woodland

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Demolitions_Woodland

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Soldier_ACU

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Grenadier_ACU

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Medic_ACU

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Marksman_ACU

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_AT_Soldier_ACU

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Machinegunner_ACU

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Soldier_nld

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Grenadier_nld

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Medic_nld

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Demolitions_nld

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Soldier_cze

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Sniper_cze

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Medic_cze

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Demolitions_cze

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Soldier_lat

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Marksman_lat

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Medic_lat

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Demolitions_lat

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Soldier_AOR

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Grenadier_AOR

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Sniper_AOR

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Machinegunner_AOR

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Medic_AOR

RCIR_NATO_CAMO_Demolitions_AOR

These units can be found in the editor on side BLUFOR, factions RCIR - ISAF Forces, vehicle class Men and RCIR - NATO Forces, vehicle class Men.

Installation:

-------------

Place the rcir_nato_camo.pbo into the Addons folder of a mod folder of your choice. Although it will work with the default Addons folder, it is good practice to separate custom content from default content.

Disclaimer:

-----------

The software is distributed without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The software is not an official addon or tool. Use of the software (in whole or in part) is entirely at your own risk.

Download at Armaholic (thanks for the mirror!)

acu.jpg

multicam.jpg

Edited by sander
Replaced download location

Nice Units :)

How did you get the Texture path replacement done?

thx 4 answere ;-)

Clawhammer

Thanks for your comments and the mirror.

---

For changing the texture paths I use a hex editor with text editing functions (CTRL + H), taking care to use new paths that are of an identical length to the original paths. Strings for a texture path for the uniform need to be replaced five times in this infantry unit model.

Regards,

Sander

a couple small things that would be cool for future releases.

MOAR acu guys, using the regular USMC bodies for example.

for the SEALS, use the force recon (non assault dudes) models, and give them the woodland texture since the FR guys already look a lot like seals, they just need the camo swap.

and idk if this one is possible but give the medic class the red cross icon so u can tell he's a medic in your squad.

that would rock. :D

ive been using these all day and they look great!

a couple small things that would be cool for future releases.

MOAR acu guys, using the regular USMC bodies for example.

for the SEALS, use the force recon (non assault dudes) models, and give them the woodland texture since the FR guys already look a lot like seals, they just need the camo swap.

and idk if this one is possible but give the medic class the red cross icon so u can tell he's a medic in your squad.

that would rock. :D

ive been using these all day and they look great!

i second that !! we need seals !!!

Another great job Sander!

Thank you for the release. This just what I needed.

Keep up the good work. :yay:

Very good looking - nice job sander. :)

These units are brilliant.

As a little suggestion, I think the multicam could do with a bit stronger green and the ACU could maybe be a little darker.

For hexediting I use Hex Workshop 4.10, but that program is not free software.

An alternative one that can be downloaded and used free of charge:

http://download.cnet.com/Hex-Edit-Free/3000-2352_4-10046060.html

---

For an update I have slightly increased the green on the Multicam texture, but the ACU is in my opinion dark enough. Having observed it IRL most of the issue appears to be similar in tone. The update will fix the lowest LOD textures and add a couple of units in desert fatigues for assorted NATO countries to be used on the ported desert themed islands.

Regards,

Sander

For hexediting I use Hex Workshop 4.10, but that program is not free software.

An alternative one that can be downloaded and used free of charge:

http://download.cnet.com/Hex-Edit-Free/3000-2352_4-10046060.html

---

For an update I have slightly increased the green on the Multicam texture, but the ACU is in my opinion dark enough. Having observed it IRL most of the issue appears to be similar in tone. The update will fix the lowest LOD textures and add a couple of units in desert fatigues for assorted NATO countries to be used on the ported desert themed islands.

Regards,

Sander

The ACU pattern needs more of a green / tan tint to it. I just looked down at my pants, then at the texture, it needs more green and tan.

add a couple of units in desert fatigues for assorted NATO countries to be used on the ported desert themed islands.

sooo, could we get the standard Marine units in Desert MARPAT perhaps? :D

The addon has been updated with some fixes and additions, including several types of desert camouflage.

Version 1.01 at Armaholic

See the first post for full details.

Regards,

Sander

Hey sander could you please test these with the Arma 2 Beta releases. The original release worked fine even with the Betas however now using 1.01 with any beta I get an error when I open the Units Editor and the ordering of factions is messed up. Everything works fine when I run the non-beta release. There are NO actual in-game errors (units appear etc) but the config error every time I open the editor is very annoying and the unusual ordering of units is weird as well. Hope the screenshot helps:

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q295/macmeister92/arma22009-09-0321-48-24-20.jpg

Thanks, hope this can be fixed as I really enjoy the units!

Thanks for the error report, the screenshot indicates where the solution is to be found. As I do not run the Beta versions, I had not encountered it. It also afflicts the other addons (peacekeepers and CDF SF) which lack such an entry. An update will take some time, as I intend to create some additional content that makes re-downloading the addon worthwhile.

---

The next updates will be signed. Using the command prompt to use a dssignfile does not work on my machine (Vista 32 bit), but using binpbo with -SIGN parameter apparently does.

Regards,

Sander

Thanks for the error report, the screenshot indicates where the solution is to be found. As I do not run the Beta versions, I had not encountered it. It also afflicts the other addons (peacekeepers and CDF SF) which lack such an entry. An update will take some time, as I intend to create some additional content that makes re-downloading the addon worthwhile.

Regards,

Sander

Thank you very much for your swift and informative response. I look forward to the next update. I might be releasing a CSAR style mission at some point using the Air Force PJ units ;)

---

The next updates will be signed. Using the command prompt to use a dssignfile does not work on my machine (Vista 32 bit), but using binpbo with -SIGN parameter apparently does.

Regards,

Sander

Thanks, Sander. I was really hoping you would.