Sign in to follow this  
PrinceofWorld

File copy error(crc does not match)

when i just install that game until about 99% then it's error and said like this one

FILE COPY ERROR(CRC DOES NOT MATCH)

D:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Arma 2\Arma 2.exe

what's the problem!!!!i hope u don't want to make us unsatiesfied with atari product!!!

my spec=

Windows XP Professional\Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)\3068MB RAM\ATI Radeon HD 4670 1024mb!!!!

thx

i hope u can help me!!

i'm just need it so much!!!

Sounds like either the DvD is damaged or your DvD drive is having a problem reading it.

Delete your Arma 2 install folder and try installing Arma 2 to another location. If it still doesn't work, try copying all the files from dvd then run the install (not sure if that works, haven't tried myself) if that fails, the dvd is most likely damaged, The publisher should be able to replace it for you.

Check you dvd drive if there is a firmware update if not see if you can try a different DVD drive to install from on the same system

Nearly sure this is your dvd drive not being able to read the disc.Either the disc is dirty or the drive is on its last legs.My guess is it`s the drive.dvd drives don`t seem to last long these days, i must have half a dozen that crapped out on me in the last few years on my 3 pc`s.The good news is they`re very cheap!

D:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Arma 2\Arma 2.exe

why is it using 2 Arma2 folders on the install path?

mine is C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe

if you have another DVD drive, try using that. if that doesn't work try updating your firmware for your dvd drive.

I got my copy on Tuesday and it was a dodgy disc. 3 different drives refused to read the same 4 or 5 files so I've sent it back for a replacement.

I'm sat here now doing nothing when I could be playing :(

The disc I had was fine on the surface but it looked like it had a small watermark inside it at the outer edge of the data side

Hi SylverFyre \o\

look on the brightside, when it comes back we may be lucky enough to have a patch and you won't have to go through what we are going through lol

I have the same problem, but to me says:

File copy error (CRC does not match)

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns\Air3.pbo

I have found that i only ever got CRC errors, Which is a checksum error, I had my computer overclocked, the motherboard rated FSB was higher than it was meant to be, I didnt then get the error after i de-clocked it.

I also got the CRC error when download files and trying to extract them before they have finished downloading (frustrating when you dont realise they have finished downloading), It may be that the file you downloaded isnt completely downloaded.

As for the DVD/CD, Maybe a small scratch? try and open the dvd and find the file manually, Then throw it in the directory where its meant to be?

Hey guys, I was having this problem all along as well.

I doubt its the amount of ram or the cd reader that is causing this issue.

I have windows XP the game was working fine, before I re-installed the whole computer.

After that I naturally wanted to play Arma 2 again, but I was getting the same problem as you guys have, this CRC does not match error.

I extracted the files to my desktop at first using a out dated winrar (2002 version) thats when I first got this error when trying to install at around 60% completion and said CRC error in the language.pbo, after a while I assumed it may be the winrar's fault, so I got a newer version of winrar up to date and did the whole process again, the error came again but this time it was not the language.pbo file but misc2.pbo.

So something had happened when I gotten a newer version of the winrar.

I then tried opening it with 7-zip to extract the files. This however could not even open the Arma 2.mdf file.

I then remembered previous programs I had installed before I re-installed the computer, programs like daemon tools and magic iso.

Now I did not use daemon tools, but when I extracted the files using magic iso, the installation went perfectly without any errors, no CRC anymore.

I think that it has something to do with the files, that are being placed to the desktop or any folder.

If you have downloaded the game from steam and getting this error try extracting or moving the files with Magic Iso, if you have it on a CD, I would suggest to move the files using magic Iso to the desktop and then installing it. It worked for me, I hope this is the general problem, please give me feed back if it has worked for you. Cheers.

good morning

CannonousCrash is right. i get the crc error msgs when my cpu is OC'd.

I have the same problem but I didn't get a disc when I bought the game just a download link. Although I don't know how to extract files or move them or what ever your talking about with magic iso AND I bought Operation arrowhead not original

Edited by xXLunar