Sign in to follow this  
kronzky

Moveable Target Range

a very noob question.. i cannot get to run this on OA vanilla, no mods no nothing, very new and trying to get the hang of it... it says that I cannot play the mission that it depends on downlodeable contents... I hace placed both folders in the mission folders and they do show.

Make sure that you download the version for ArmA 2. It worked for me, used this mission a lot. I suspect you just downloaded the wrong file for ArmA2 (perhaps you donwloaded the ArmA mission file). Let us know further details.

Probably you need CO to run the A2 version.

Good morning

I downloaded from this page:

http://kronzky.info/targetrange/index.htm

I donwloaded ARMA2 V 2.8.0 and VBS2 2.11.0

put them in

My Documents/Arma2 OA/Missions

and my

Bohemia interacive /ARMA 2 OS/Missions

when I try to run them as a scenario they dont work (4 subfolders are created and placed there)

Probably you need CO to run the A2 version.

maybe, I just ordered it from amazon... give it a weeks time to travel down to Costa Rica

Well, it should actually work with ArmA 2 and CO as well. At least it worked for me before Arrowhead was released :) .

You can also access the mission in your editor. Try loading the missions i nthe editor and preview the mission. If it´s not previewing the mission it should give you an error mission.

Unizp the mission files here: My Documents/Arma2 OA/profile name/Missions and they should be accessable in the editor on Utes.

Edited by Helo

A noob question: I'm trying to run TargetMAN with a soldier standing still, but I haven't figured out what line to add in the targetrange.sqf and where. thank you for your help

After you've loaded the mission in the editior, double click on the blue (player) unit. In the "initialization" box, remove the first part, with "run" and "move". Just leave the "defdist" part. "defdist" is the starting distance of the target, so if you want the target so start out on something else than 500 meters away, you can change it here.

I created two addition riflemen, named t2 and t3, and added them to the targets list like this:

nul=[[t1,t2,t3],"run:FULL","move:10","defdist:50"] execVM "targetrange.sqf"

However, they aren't running. A single target will walk while two stand, and then all three sort of walk in formation, then back to just one walking, and so on.

How can I get them all running back and forth?

Also, is there a way to keep the infinite ammo (magazines), but to change it so that they're not bottomless (auto instant reload)?

Edited by Taylor422

What would I need to do to this mission to run it in Chernarus instead of Utes?

I saw a Twitch Streamer doing just that the other day.

Awesome! One of my old Favorite mission classics!!

Thanks Kronsky!

I've created a dedicated thread for this mission in the A3 area, so please post any A3-specific issues over there.

Thanks!

ADDIT: yaaahh! I got the Target Range to work :)

Not sure why the links to downoload the Arma 2 version were not working for me before. Maybe something about the info popup when you hover over the hotlink blocking clicking the hotlink, though why it would work for me now and not before no idea.

-=-=-OBSOLETE, ISSUE SOLVED-=-=-=

What is "VBS2?" Is that some special reference to Arma2?

That was the only download link I could get to work and I think it must not be the right one for me (Arma2 Operation Arrowhead is my game). The Arma2 link produced a hover over box but no dl window.

Edited by Anthropoid

Hello ArmA community,

Is there any possibility to get only the moving targets out of this mission?

I tried it about 1 hour without any success.

I would be very thankful if anybody could help me out.

Thank you Kozmyk for your great addons.