Sign in to follow this  
zeep

ARMA2 on STEAM. Where do downloaded missions go?

I'm still a bit new to ARMA2 and custom mods/missions. Many times when i join a server it's downloading a mission, but i can't find these missions on my hd?

I asume that regardless of playing through Steam, the downloaded content goes somewhere in the ARMA2 folder, but where?

C:\Documents and Settings\Spamurai\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2\MPMissionsCache

Sub in your profile name for my profile name and that's where you'll find them.

C:\Documents and Settings\Spamurai\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2\MPMissionsCache

Sub in your profile name for my profile name and that's where you'll find them.

Thanks man, been looking for that myself.

what is it for? I see a whole bunch of empty folders named after missions. Is it supposed to save the mission files or just act as a temp file cache?

That mpmissioncache stores the downloaded mission info from the games you play online. by placing those files into your root/mpmissions folder, you now have access to them.

so in other words they didn't really store on my pc, hmm wonder why

so in other words they didn't really store on my pc, hmm wonder why

No anfiach you are wrong.

The empty folders you see are in this folder:

...\Documents and Settings\ your windows user name \My Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\ArmA 2 user name\Saved\mpmissions

Those folders and are for temporary in game data for those missions when your arr playing them.

As Spamurai said the mission .pbo files for any mission you have played are stored on your computer in your MPMissionsCache and you can copy them from there to your MPMissions folder if you want to host them.

That is

...\Documents and Settings\ your windows user name \Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2\MPMissionsCache

Note the difference it is NOT YOUR My Documents folder MPMissionsCache is not in your My Documents folder. It is in your user name root folder!

They are kept separate so you do not clutter up your host able missions folder. It is called being organised. It is a standard function in windows and many other OS to keep Apps data separate. You will find all your other Apps data \Local Settings\Application Data folder if they are properly programmed that is where they are supposed to be.

Kind regards walker

Edited by walker

No anfiach you are wrong.

The empty folders you see are in this folder:

...\Documents and Settings\ your windows user name \My Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\ArmA 2 user name\Saved\mpmissions

Those folders and are for temporary in game data for those missions when your arr playing them.

As Spamurai said the mission .pbo files for any mission you have played are stored on your computer in your MPMissionsCache and you can copy them from there to your MPMissions folder if you want to host them.

That is

...\Documents and Settings\ your windows user name \Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2\MPMissionsCache

Note the difference it is NOT YOUR My Documents folder MPMissionsCache is not in your My Documents folder. It is in your user name root folder!

They are kept separate so you do not clutter up your host able missions folder. It is called being organised. It is a standard function in windows and many other OS to keep Apps data separate. You will find all your other Apps data \Local Settings\Application Data folder if they are properly programmed that is where they are supposed to be.

Kind regards walker

Is that in XP? I'm running Vista and having a difficult time finding that path, thanks for the clarification as well. Maybe I'm just tired and missing it.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

I had to dig around for the correct path to show up but I finally got it Thanks.

For vista users:

Simple copy and paste the link that was given, into your browser in vista, and put your username in, instead of his. Vista will take you right to it, no need to weed through and find it.

Cheers,

Mike.