Sign in to follow this  
noamles

GMJ Sight Adjustment for ArmA2

Could you save us heaps of time The.Yield by pasting what the range card txt would be

i.e. "M24/M40", "B_762x51_noTracer", 100, 0, 200, 0, 300, 0.0333334, 400, 0.0833334,

instead of :

200m = 0

250m = 1

300m = 2

350m = 3

Am i lazy or what! Thanks heaps tho Yield

Negative, I don't use the built in range card system that's part of the map, I just have the range cards in my cellphone.

or do what i do and write it down on a piece of paper. that way you dont have to access the map to see the ranges

Alan.rio;1382071']Fixing what? There is nothing broken. It works fine.

-breaks any addon loaded before it using custom key assignments

-won't carry over savegame

-would be nice to have the config files at /userconfig/sightadjustment (range cards, key assignments, moa/mil switch)

probably worth waiting for CBA key/savegame framework for the fixes though

Oh, fair enough. I don't use any other mods with custom keys, nor save games, I just play multiplayer, waiting for the game campaign to be fixed before I go have a proper go.

What about the bug that disables it after respawn and HALO?

Alan.rio;1382071']Fixing what? There is nothing broken. It works fine.

Nop. There is still bugs in MP. Ei if you play a domination mission. Parajumping from base wil make the adjustment stop working.

Awesome addon :D

but is there anyway of just having this system just for sniper rifles? and for it to be only activated when you look down the scope?

These two fixes would be awesome :D

Awesome addon :D

but is there anyway of just having this system just for sniper rifles? and for it to be only activated when you look down the scope?

These two fixes would be awesome :D

I'm not sure why that would be a fix. All rifles in the game have adjustable sights to some lesser or greater degree. Of course you can argue that they should be not be adjustable in 1/4 MOA increments, but some ability to adjust is better than nothing at all. Most likely people would simpy use them for setting new zeroes, not adjusting on the fly in the middle of combat. For example, some might want a 300m zero for their EOTech, and GMJ perfectly facilitates that.

Progress report:

Added range cards to m107, mk12, DMR - big thanks to guys who posted their range cards here.

fixed small errors in the range cards scripts.

i really want to take the keys definition to a file outside the addon so they could be personalized - i will try to make progress on this tomorrow.

tried to fix the issue that other key assigments are being overridden by the addon, but couldn't figure it out.

that's it for now, i will try to release an update tomorrow, with or without the fixes.

Great job mate.

I'am pretty sure that those existing "bugs" will be fixed somewhen in the future.

As for most of the range cards. Since I noticed that my own calculations and rangecards differ from the previous released cards I would like to know which settings (mapwise) you guys use for evaluate your data?

Usually I use the big Airfield in the north west of tschernaruss which is long enough for evaluations up to 1500m.

i used the airfield on Utes since it very easy to place targets at 100m difference, actually used a sniper training mission i made for my clan to do the m24 range card. you can always press 'space' and use the magic range finder ;)

1 more thing if: if someone can make a range card for the m107 for more then 1400 meters (lets say up to 1800) that will be awesome.

tried to fix the issue that other key assigments are being overridden by the addon, but couldn't figure it out.

They are overriden because the other addon overrides the existing GMJ_SA displayEventHandler with its own. Same problem with the HALO stuff etc. You could solve this by resetting the SightAdjustment displayEH periodically, like every 10 seconds.

Alternatively, if both addons should work properly, you could make custom versions of them that use this: http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=31384.0

It has a few bugs, so PM me should you decide to use it and I'll tell you how to fix them.

Edited by Fincuan

@ AI Simmons

I use the runway at the Utes airport, set my viewdistance to 10K [only for range testing! My computer would melt if I put it at 10K for missions], use triggers in the editor to set my target civs out, then range find with spacebar.

Just out of interest, how far out on your game are the cards The.Yield and I have done? Are you using human targets, etc?

hi. i tried this addon, but cant seem to get it to function properly.

i can see the range cards and indicator, on the top right when you load up the game.

but i cant change the values ?? i have tried the cursor keys, but all they seemed to do, was move my toon around just like WSAD. so i disabled the movement from the cursor keys, but i havnt been able, to get it to work yet.

so how to i get it to function :)

did you use CBA? and did you have CBA before GMJ in the mod order?

They are overriden because the other addon overrides the existing GMJ_SA displayEventHandler with its own. Same problem with the HALO stuff etc. You could solve this by resetting the SightAdjustment displayEH periodically, like every 10 seconds.

nope

gmj_sa, and any addon using displaySetEventHandler will overwrite all previous displayeventhandlers

A2 introduces displayAddEventHandler, which instead of overwriting the old ones, adds to them, and should be used instead

however, this still gets lost when you load a savegame, so BIS didn't really fix much

you could have a loop that removes and re-adds the displayeventhandler, like i do in my nvg addon

but CBA will have a proper implementation of this that everyone should use instead, once it's released

Alternatively, if both addons should work properly, you could make custom versions of them that use this: http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=31384.0

It has a few bugs, so PM me should you decide to use it and I'll tell you how to fix them.

this was a proof of concept i wrote for A1

as A2 added displayAddEventHandler, it is not anymore required

also, using it would demand everyone to use it - which i don't think is a good idea as CBA is coming out with their own, proper version

Edited by sholio

thanks, i will take a look into that. >>>>> YES!!! load and save now works.

will try domination halo jump next. >>>>> Works !!!!

Edited by noamles

Thanks for the info sholio, and thanks for your addon. Proof of concept or not, it works well for Arma2. I decided to use it for some of my custom stuff because certain missions still use displaySetEventhandler for halo-scripts and such, and your addon provides an easy way(the loop) to reset the addon-based ones at certain intervals.

UPDATED TO VERSION 1.1 - See first post for details

Im working on making a L118 howitzer for arma2 and i need a accurate way of moving the gun into position so when i saw the sight adjustment it thought that would be perfect so, Im wondering could the addon be reworked to show the direction of the gun and the elevation controlled by the arrow keys and the arrows would also move the gun

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

3609415.gif

Required Addons :

DOWNLOAD - CBA: Community Base Addons

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=997][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/3609415.gif][/url]

[b]Required Addons :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1002]DOWNLOAD - CBA: Community Base Addons[/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=997]DOWNLOAD - GMJ Sight Adjustment (ArmA 2) (v.1.1) - [15,1 KB 7z] from ArmedAssault.info[/url]

[b]Required Addons :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1002]DOWNLOAD - CBA: Community Base Addons[/url]

Having trouble getting this new version to work. When placed in the proper folder and putting it into the commandline it doesnt seem to work. Anybody having trouble with this newest version ?