Sign in to follow this  
Lightningstrike

where i can buy/get nvgoggles??

im in the second "open mission" in campaign,

now that the night came, none of my mates and neither me has a pair of NVgoggles, and it is nearly impossible to do anything without them

the buy weapons menu won't even offer to buy one!

so where i can get them???

now this is just f*cking annoying and retarded... at least if there was a "sleep" function, i could set my doods to sleep and wait till the sun rises

10x

I had the same problem in "Dogs of War" -mission until I figured out that most of the enemies must have them. So search any dead enemies, especially the officers, and you'll sure to find a pair.

Hope that helps.

I had the same problem in "Dogs of War" -mission until I figured out that most of the enemies must have them. So search any dead enemies, especially the officers, and you'll sure to find a pair.

Hope that helps.

yeah im there too! this is retarded...

that's what i have figured out as the only way to get nv's DOH

for the moment i have found no dead enemy officer and i presume im gonna have some hard time finding/killing one :butbut:

I'm in Dogs of War at the moment and didn't think about NV goggles until it turned to night. Then I realised I needed them because now I cant see any enemy well enough to kill him and even if I do kill him I cant find his body to take the goggles off it!

V frustrating.

lol i hear ya

i was VERY LUCKY to find somewhere an enemy officer, killed him and took his NV's, FINALLY!

DOH

this shows clearly that the campaign has NOT BEEN TESTED for bugs.. and BIS dudes were smokin such bad weeds when creating it :D

i think this thread can be turned into official bug repport: "DOGS OF WAR" - NightVision Goggles *BUG*

also, night vision goggels and binoculars SHOULD BE ADDED to the "buy" menu inventory as items you can buy i hope someone from BIS reads this and think to do a fix

once again, this is PLAINLY and FULLY RETARDED, because ALL OTHER ENEMY AI has NV goggles !!!

but, now i have to find 3 more others NV's for my other 3 guys.....

Edited by Lightningstrike

You can buy night vision goggles at the strongpoints you capture.

I think it is a bug, but at a strongpoint of a town you have captured you can do, buy weapons in the action menu. You then get the buy screen and here you can buy complete NATO weapons outfitting kits for example sniper with a M107 0.50 or AT with SMAW. What i do is buy these setups which include NVG'sr and then put the weapons in my BMP or other vehicle, then let my team mates take them.

Interesting, on my first pass playing Dogs of War, I figured that you had to do everything before nightfall, as I could not find an option for obtaining night vision equipment. But on the 2nd try, once it got dark enough, the N command started to work and I did not make an effort to buy night vision gear, or search bodies for it. Sounds like yet another bug, probably one that is data sensitive, the hardest kind of bug to kill. So you might just try doing "N" once it gets real dark and see what happens.

Edited by br@cob
Suggestion added

Hi, you can also just buy a pilot at your main base and order him to drop his nvgoggles. Than you can take them and repeat for whoever you want them to. Than you can use those "blind" pilots to ust reinforce some expendable AI group. I myself bought them some fancy static defences and let them guard the base, as it gets quite hot sometimes there and im usually far away to give a dam...

I'm in Dogs of War at the moment and didn't think about NV goggles until it turned to night. Then I realised I needed them because now I cant see any enemy well enough to kill him and even if I do kill him I cant find his body to take the goggles off it!

V frustrating.

This is going to be cheesy, but it works:

Turn up your Gamma and Brightness, and pretend that this is a crappy pair of NV goggles, until you can finally locate a decent pair.

Get your squad to do the killing and try to remember where the enemy falls, get to that location, and search.

Good luck.

I am pissed off about the lot of bugs, CTDs and curious mission design in the campaign.

No tanks available without crew to order Razor Team to get in. What should I do? Kill some crew members who aren't equipped with NVgoggles too?

I am talking about mission "Söldner" in german game version, seems to be the same. Elements which are described in the manual delivered with the game do not work at all and patch 1.03 is causing numerous CTDs.

Campaign is frustrating an unplayable. And yes, I know what I am saying, I started my "career" with the good old OFP.

For Gods sake, fix this useless campaign!

crew members and pilots always have NV googles. In DoW I found NVs only for me, rest of the team has cat eye's. They dont need NVs to see at night.

I took them off of a man who was guarding a certain somebody when I went to arrest him.

I don't mind the fact that you can't buy NVGs, but I DO MIND that Coops had them and then he doesn't anymore...

This also goes for the rest of the kit. In Manhattan I took M4 with ACOG and then in Bitter Chill I'm back to M4 with reflex optics. Why can't BIS let me keep the stuff I want??? It's not realistic for anyone to take the preferred weapon off a badass Recon Marine ;)

Getting NV goggles is quite simple. Stay in whatever vehicle you're in, turn on the lights, go find the enemy or go back to a place where you know you already killed some enemy. Search officers and crew of afvs.

I'm on my 4th play of DOW and I had NVGs for the first three when I commanded.

This time I let the AI command and it's just me and Razor team. No NVGs though yet but it's still light.

An interesting situation happened with one of my Helos. It wouldn't obay any directions and so I retired it.

It dissappeared from my team list (icon bar) but it still just hovered overhead making a racket.

In the end I couldn't stand the noise any more and so I shot it down with an RPG. It then landed safely and just sat there nice and quiet.:)

A little buggette there me thinks?

Now let me see... Where is that enemy officer with the NVGs..

Cheers,

Luke.

P.S. You gotta love this game for the infinitely variable ways that any mission can play out.

;1406493']Hi' date=' you can also just buy a pilot at your main base and order him to drop his nvgoggles.[/b'] Than you can take them and repeat for whoever you want them to. Than you can use those "blind" pilots to ust reinforce some expendable AI group. I myself bought them some fancy static defences and let them guard the base, as it gets quite hot sometimes there and im usually far away to give a dam...

That was a great tip!!

I was having a hard time finding the NVs... now towns sell it, no officers killed....

If you can't find the dead bodies in the dark you can also order a squad member to pick up the NVGs via the Action menu (Fx-6-???). Afterwards you can go up to them and swap stuff around.