Sign in to follow this  
rocket

co07 Island Twilight (USEC)

Offtopic sorry:

Try using Mozilla to upload your missions to your server. Sometimes Internet Explorer does not upload the complete mission. Found that out firsthand!

Ontopic:

Am definately going to try this mission!!

Edited by Roush

this mission is great a lot better than any of the missions BI done

the mission is a bit hard though for example when I went to the meeting point the village got swamped with AI and had a tough fight getting out with even more enemy following us.. got to the airfield to encounter even more enemy coming from every direction

got pinned down there and lost 5 men.. then ending up getting killed myself not far away from the deal.. had about 25 kills lol was like somethink from bravo to zero :P

Version 2.0 is fubar.

Download version 3.0 from http://www.dhd.co.nz/files/co07_IslandTwilight_v3.rar

Mirrors, please update the download. I'll try contact the mirrors directly tomorrow.

Version 3.0 fixes all the problems above, let me know if I'm mistaken.

Thanks Ill put it on our clan server tonight.

Swing by our forums and say hi sometime, always nice to see another kiwi :)

http://www.simcentral.co.nz/forums/

the mission is a bit hard though for example when I went to the meeting point the village got swamped with AI and had a tough fight getting out with even more enemy following us.. got to the airfield to encounter even more enemy coming from every direction

got pinned down there and lost 5 men.. then ending up getting killed myself not far away from the deal.. had about 25 kills lol was like somethink from bravo to zero :P

The key advice I can give to anyone playing it, is to make use of the bounding overwatch tactic. Most ArmA missions your objective is to engage all enemy, in this mission - if you try and engage everyone you are probably going to take too long and miss your extraction. The mission is to take out the two targets and the weapons cache, so every bullet should only be expended in the interests of that aim.

Fire and movement is very important, if you come under fire, use that tactic to get yourself out of the situation and away from the enemy. This becomes crucial after you have taken out the targets and are proceeding to extraction, as trying to fully engage the enemy will result in you being too late.

So to summarize:

- Make liberal use of bounding overwatch (we moved using that tactic everywhere, two teams of three)

- When you're engaged, keep moving (fire and movement)

- Conserve your ammunition

- At the extraction point, hide until helicopter arrives

- Fire a flare if the helicopter departs without picking you up

Another tactic at the village, is to secure the boathouse and then send one or two people in to meet the CIA agent. If you move fast, you can be in and out without encountering much enemy. You're vastly outnumbered on the island, if you get bogged down in a firefight you're probably going to loose - pick and choose the locations of firefights and retreat from any engagements that aren't under your control.

It's really easy to get carried away when you get engaged. On our server the other night - consisting of four of us who must have played this mission ten times - we were getting absolutely punished. The key reason for this was we were insisting on winning any engagement we had with the enemy. Once the engagement would start more enemy would arrive and we'd become embattled on multiple fronts... wipe... and have to start again. Not to mention, running out of ammunition.

Edited by Rocket

Rocket,

I'm not able to download your mission from the link given. I hope to see in tomorrow afternoon.

If you PM me your email, I can email it to you shortly

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Armaholic have the updated version at:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6481

Edited by Rocket

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

1398755.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=multi&game=1&id=113][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/1398755.gif][/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=113]DOWNLOAD - co07 Island Twilight (USEC) (v.3.0) - [1.0 MB] from ArmedAssault.info[/url][/spoiler]

THanks the mirror updates guys.

My plea to the community: Please let me know if you encounter any problems, or have any suggestions. I want to try and polish this mission up as much as I can!

Played this mission earlier today, really good fun. My only issue is the only sniper rifle you can use is the DMR. Would be nice if there was a US special weapon box on the beach. But, thats just me.

Also had an issue where the helo wouldn't land for extraction. It instead went off to kill every enemy on the island.

Also had an issue where the helo wouldn't land for extraction. It instead went off to kill every enemy on the island.

Yeah, he will land and then takeoff if he see's bad guys. If he does that, simply fire a flare and he will come back in for a fullstop landing.

Tried the lastest version again tonight with my clanmates. Everything was going well except on dieing some of us were spawn on the small offshore island. It didnt matter which spawn we tried to choose or even if we were revived.

Also the helicopter never seemed to show up at the target area, we waited for ages. Nothign came , some ground troop arrived. By this time half the squad was stuck on the offshore island spawn.

Loooked like such a good mission but the spawn bug made it unplayable as the only way off the island was swimming which meant loosing all your weapons.

Edited by nzjono

in mp,if you use the side guns on the heli,as the mission starts,it seems to hover for ages and then fly of the map,do NOT use the guns!,great mission,thanks.

Good fun bud!

Thanks so much for the mission!

Just did it up singleplayer and had a blast! Keep them coming!

*Seems to be endless user made missions for this game hehe, Im loving it!*

Thanks for the feedback guys, I think I'll probably do another version of the mission again soon but that will likely be the final one.