Sign in to follow this  
CptArmA2

ArmA II launcher by alpinestars

You have to put it into the launcher shortcut, not arma shortcut. I'm not sure if it creates a shortcut upon installation, as I have installed it a long time ago, but if it doesn't, create one (go to the settings tab of the launcher and press "create shortcut"). I have it installed in my Arma directory, so that probably confused you.

This is how it looks on my PC (if you wonder, I've got czech Windows)

armand.th.png

Ohh sorry, boy do I feel silly :) That got it, thanks! Turns out I had my load order inverted, no wonder I was having issues.

I have the following problem with ArmA II Launcher 3.1.1:

armaiilauncher.jpg

Here are my mods and mod directories:

armaiilauncher2.jpg

The problem occurs only when I select the "ArmA 2" mod.

Edited by [General Nuisance]

Hi i have arma 2 1.05 and i use the arma 2 launcher 1.0.1 until today that i downloaded the last version arma 2 launcher 3.1.0 i config properly all the options and settings but the game does not start the arma progress bar shows up but desappears and the game does not starts up, the strange thing is that all works perfect with the 1.0.1 version. Any help? any idea? i'd appreciate that. Thanx a lot.

Hi i have arma 2 1.05 and i use the arma 2 launcher 1.0.1 until today that i downloaded the last version arma 2 launcher 3.1.0 i config properly all the options and settings but the game does not start the arma progress bar shows up but desappears and the game does not starts up, the strange thing is that all works perfect with the 1.0.1 version. Any help? any idea? i'd appreciate that. Thanx a lot.

Try running the game vanilla, with no mods at all, If it works, then its likely to be a mod thats causing your hand up.

If that doesnt work

Try running the game without the modlauncher. add your mods to the target line and see if it loads up then.

If it loads with mods, Then its the launcher.

If that doesnt work

run the game from a shortcut without any mods.

If that doesnt work

Reinstall arma and start from the beginning

This launcher is obviously not working right nor supported anymore. I end up in endless loops of New mods detected no matter what i do.

We had a nice run.

Now how do i completely uninstall it?

I found a folder in Documents and Settings\user\Application Data and the folder where i installed it. Are there any other remains in the registry? Somewhere else?

winXP/arma2/oa

My friend had the same problem - stuck in a mod detection - restart launcher - loop.

On teamviewer I deleted this folder on his computer:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\ArmA II Launcher

...and the problem went away.

I'm using it since some time now. Never had any problems with it. This is really strange.

I've got a small problem with the Alpinestars launcher now (v.3.1.0). When I click on the server browser, the launcher crashes and all I can do is close the program. It was fine for a long while but now does this all the time. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Many thanks.

There is a later version out v3.1.1. Did u try that?

There is a later version out v3.1.1. Did u try that?

Thanks for the heads up Duke. I hadn't tried it but after downloading and installing it, I'm still getting the same result...a program crash as soon as I press the server browser button.

The program itself works just fine, I can launch ArmA 2 and OA just fine, it's only when I click on the server browser I get the crashing.

Edited by Moggy

@wastelander: the icon is the green arma2 icon. same one?

@moggy: tried running as administrator? re-downloading it again? what error message? any other info to help diagnose?

So far i have been using it since OA release no issue, only that now the 'show players' in the server browser is no longer working. but thats a minor thing.

Duke, the program is running as an administrator. I have redownloaded it, using the same and different versions but to no avail. Here's what the error message reports and the error message itself;

ArmA II Launcher.exe has stopped working

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: ArmA II Launcher.exe

Application Version: 3.1.1.1

Application Timestamp: 4abd129c

Fault Module Name: StackHash_4ed3

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: 00a52658

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 4ed3

Additional Information 2: 4ed316ef825e82e5d7caec7338e49205

Additional Information 3: 9e94

Additional Information 4: 9e94e454963428286d5d167140124d60

It's a very minor issue to be honest, it works fine (apart from the browser) and now I just start up A2:OA and launch the ingame browser instead. It's just a bit frustrating as it used to work fine but stopped all of a sudden.

Thanks for your help, it is appreciated.

Edited by Moggy

It seems that upon clicking server browser, glist.exe spawns and i see it appear in taskmgr, then disappear. Do u have any program preventing this like zonealarm pro or something?

Maybe the original author can help if he's still around?

glist.exe doesn't appear on my task manager at all when I click on the server browser. I've checked and nothing is blocking it as far as I'm aware.

Sorry my bad, typo.Its gslist.exe, not glist.exe.

Anyway there should be a folder called 'ArmA II Launcher' in your application data folder, where the gslist.exe and qstat.exe reside. Check whether this folder exists.

Also, just curious where did u put the launcher executable to run? Try putting it in your desktop or my documents folder to run?

No worries Duke, Yes the Arma II Launcher folder does indeed exist in the app data folder and I found those 2 files. I've allowed them through the firewall but to no avail. I've also tried dropping the firewall and seeing if I can run the server browser but again no luck there. I've bunged the launcher into my documents and my desktop but again, no luck with the browser.

It's a real head scratcher this 1. I wonder if it was caused by a windows update or something?

Sorry for late reply.

How about sticking the launcher into the your program files ArmA 2 directory, same directory as arma2.exe and arma2oa.exe?

If not, the author's email address is in the launcher's 'about' tab, maybe u can contact him directly. Hope it helps. :)

Thanks Duke, unfortunately I still get the same result when I place the launcher in the ArmA 2 directory. I'll send the author an email but I think he's stopped working on the launcher for a while...fingers crossed though.

Sorry couldn't help u out. its a good launcher though, and good luck.

I've tried playing around with the Performance Settings in launch options to get a better game experience but I'm not sure how much I should tweak it. I have 6GB of ram and a I7 920 (not OC)

Has anyone experimented with these settings?

Hey I got this problem when I got my new computer. I don't know what is causing that server browser's bug but it's annoying and it is hard to browse with that. I have used this launcher for about two years and I don't want to change on another one because I love this launcher. Doesn't this launcher work on 64-bit Windows 7 because it started to make this when I changed my OS. Here is the picture:

10448406.jpg

I can't use those refresh buttons now so I can't use those filters etc.

Hi,

on a friends computer the launcher keeps restarting even when it's started as Admin. (Win 7 Prof. 32Bit, virusscanner deactivated).

I also checked directory rights and he has writing rights but still restart after restart...

How can I see where the problem is and what he needs to do?

If it restarts after saying that it found new mod folders you need to go to Settings tab and hit Reset button.

Unfortunately this will also delete all your profiles and you will have to create them again, but this will fix the annoying restarting bug (at least in "new modfolders found" case)