Sign in to follow this  
CptArmA2

ArmA II launcher by alpinestars

hmmm i have this weird problem. the server browser for this is limited to 500 servers? i have not enabled any of the filters, and this cause many servers not to be listed if there is this limit. here is screenshots

th_3086.png

th_2766.png

as you can see the 500 servers are randomly selected to be displayed, and everytime i press refresh it chooses another 500 to display. just look at the number of players listed online, 300 players difference in 10 secs. definitely different servers are displayed. i remember it not having this limitation previously, and you can see the scroll bar box being larger->less items listed.

th_2789.png

th_2868.png

list sorted by server name, notice the different server names... and the scroll bar box size

also this is happening in my in-game browser too, i have no filters set and i'm also getting less servers display. but if i type to filter a specific server name i can see the correct ones.

i am still on 1.60.94700 not 1.62 patch yet.

anyone got this problem too?

Edited by DukeNukeM.
game version typo

Hey I got this problem when I got my new computer. I don't know what is causing that server browser's bug but it's annoying and it is hard to browse with that. I have used this launcher for about two years and I don't want to change on another one because I love this launcher. Doesn't this launcher work on 64-bit Windows 7 because it started to make this when I changed my OS. Here is the picture:

I can't use those refresh buttons now so I can't use those filters etc.

oh i think i may know why... did u change the dpi setting of your windows? maybe its too big and overflows the box...

i am still on 1.60.97400 not 1.62 patch yet.

anyone got this problem too?

Yes, it won't load any other version. :-/

Yes, it won't load any other version. :-/

What do u mean by 'it won't load any other version'? I hope when i can update to 1.62, i can see server lists normally.

Thanks!

When I start server browser I get the following error: "Error receiving server list! Please check your internet connection, firewall, etc. and try later!"

All nice and dandy, but I get that error while I'm connected to the internet and after I have ordered my firewall to allow glist.exe and the launcher exe access to the internet. What am I doing wrong?

Only thing this lacks is mod groups, if it had that I'd switch from my old and still working launcher from spirited machine. Also this does not seem to have a CO option, does it not support separate game installs as Steam does? Not a issue for me but will be for most i play with.

Kevaskous,

I find the Alpinestars launcher very versatile. I use it to load mod sets for specific servers and also for SP-missions if they require many mods.

Re: Mod groups:

- Open "profiles" tab.

- Create a new profile for a server or a mission you want to play.

- Save the profile.

- Open the "Start" tab.

- Make sure that your new profile is still active.

- Tick the mods you want to use with this profile.

- Save the profile.

Re: CO option

- Choose your profile.

- Open "Options" tab.

- Choose "ArmA II OA"

- Save profile.

Re: Separate game installs

- no idea. I don't use Steam and I have only one installation for ArmA2.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Alpha-Kilo

Kevaskous,

I find the Alpinestars launcher very versatile. I use it to load mod sets for specific servers and also for SP-missions if they require many mods.

- Open "profiles" tab.

- Save the profile.

- Open the "Start" tab.

- Save the profile.

- Choose your profile.

- Open "Options" tab.

- Choose "ArmA II OA"

- Save profile.

I hope this helps.

:thumbsup: to this post. exactly what i'm using for mod-groups and CO. been using it since OA release and no problems whatever, except list of players on server not showing in server browser, not that impt imho.

thanks for taking time to post/help others.

Kevaskous,

- Open "profiles" tab.

- Save the profile.

- Open the "Start" tab.

- Save the profile.

- Choose your profile.

- Open "Options" tab.

- Choose "ArmA II OA"

- Save profile.

I hope this helps.

Not at all the same, when you got as many mods as I do, grouping them in sections is so much easier to debug than to do it one by one, which could take, oh, days. I can eliminate a group of mods that do certain functions and this lowers debug time down astronomically, without this function it's simply not a practical option for me and i run my mods all at one time, i do not join other servers, I run my own, cheers!

how to run beta with this awesome launcher?

seems impposible now, tried everything

Or you can select the \expansions\beta as a mod checkbox in the start tab right side.

Either should work.

@loggert, i do hope so!

does arma3 have any launchers that support it?