Sign in to follow this  
CptArmA2

ArmA II launcher by alpinestars

When i selected some mods (which are found in the arma 2 directory) and then launch, the steam window saying "Preparing to launch ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead..." pops up, but stays up and nothing else happens!!!

This is a Steam issue, nothing to do with the launcher. Hopefully they will get rid of the Steam security like they did with original ArmA2.

Another problem, when launching OA thru steam, none of my mods are visible in the expansions section of OA menu, even tho their all in mod folders in common/ARMA 2/

Enabling mods with a command parameters "-mod=" disables the expansion menu anyway, so that doesn't matter. Using a launcher renders the expansion menu useless.

that fixed that problem, but now when I try to boot OA in Combined Operations mode, it glitches out and acts as though it's not launching with the content from the Expansions folder of the OA install on Steam. When I manually add the expansion folder, it works fine, but without it, it glitches.

As far as i know, the launcher support steam not 100%.

But i think CptArmA2 works on this ;)

I love the launcher! But...

Using it to launch the beta's leads to errors and missing bin entries on startup. Also, it bugs the command menu so some commands are switched, and one (the Move There command) will crash the game every time. It only happens when you launch the beta; so I'm guessing it's something in how the launcher executes the command line.

Other than that, very nice and straight forward launcher!

start the game with this launcher settings:

-Use the normal OA/CA exe (not the beta exe) you can set the exe under options/game

-Use expansion/beta as mod

The CO launch is borked on Steam since 3.1. I try to launch using common/ArmA2 and it gives a messed up splash screen, and it won't allow me to include ArmA 2/addons as a full path which prevents a CO launch (this is how I got it to work before).

Also, I'd like to suggest the ability to select player profiles from the launcher. For instance if I have 3 profiles, Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie, I would like to be able to select for launch configuration 1 to set the profile to Alpha, configuration 2 gets profile Bravo, and configuration 3 has Charlie, or any mix thereof.

Edited by th3flyboy

Hi CptArmA2,

Thanks for a cool and simplistic program ;)

I noticed that some mods were not being listed in the view pane so I checked it out. Mods were in the Arma 2 directory and as a mod folder "@mod", tried the reset button and no change at detecting them.

Found that I had to add the mod manually and untick the button to check mods on start up. If left ticked it would just show the directory "bla, bla, bla, ArmA2 in the view pane.

Just thought I would pass this along. Check this for yourself maybe it's just me.

This was on an Xp Pro using ver. 3.1.1. did not check Vista yet. Check the beta and same problem.

Hi CptArmA2,

Thanks for a cool and simplistic program ;)

I noticed that some mods were not being listed in the view pane so I checked it out. Mods were in the Arma 2 directory and as a mod folder "@mod", tried the reset button and no change at detecting them.

Found that I had to add the mod manually and untick the button to check mods on start up. If left ticked it would just show the directory "bla, bla, bla, ArmA2 in the view pane.

Just thought I would pass this along. Check this for yourself maybe it's just me.

This was on an Xp Pro using ver. 3.1.1. did not check Vista yet. Check the beta and same problem.

The launcher tries to detect folders with a directory "addons" in it. Does your "@mod" folder have this subdirectory?

alpinestars

Sure does like all my other addons :

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@warfx particles beta 1.14\Addons

Hope this helps, have you come across this or reproduced this on your system ?

Sure does like all my other addons :

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@warfx particles beta 1.14\Addons

Hope this helps, have you come across this or reproduced this on your system ?

@warfx particles beta 1.14

Replace the spaces with underscores.

Replace the spaces with underscores.

Yes I to thought that might be the problem... Tested that.... Did you ?

Do all of your mods show up in the Start Tab (Mods view) have you checked to see if they are all there? Because I didn't notice that they were not there until I had to use a mod.

Got problem with okt_noblur mod. Problem looks like luap's problem (launcher not detects that mod), but modfolder named "@okt_NoBlurBeta" (no spaces), and all mod files in Dta folder inside. Addons folder empty, and i think this causing that problem.

Need some fix for that, because not all mods using Addons folder.

edit: wait, renamed to @noblur, and it's working o_O

Edited by Dominges

Does my launcher working not properly ?

After the updating of the launcher, i realized the following troubles :

-Several mods are not appearing in the game (ArmA 2 CO)

-The game is slow.

There are no mods in the in the Expansion menu, only CBA is there, but i cannot even enable CBA there.

The mods are not working ingame too.

Everything is up to date, and all the modfolders are in the right place.

Any ideas guys ?

Hi, I would like to quote a question I asked somewhere else, I've been trying to find an answer to this for some time.

There was a launcher somewhere that had an option to output the string that would be used for launch, the equivalent of going into the shortcut and looking at the target. AS launcher doesn't have this feature, and I'm unsure if highest priority makes the mod get placed first in the target, therefore making it be loaded first (correct?).. if that is the case then it seems it should be labeled lowest instead, as mods later in the line would take priority over those loaded before them, which is apparently how I understand it works. That is the logic I am confused with as I've never been able to find info, even in the readme, as to how the priority thing works.

Please forgive my potential ignorance, I would be grateful if someone could clarify this.

Thanks for any help

Just installed OA yesterday and now i'm constantly stuck in the "new mods detected etc" loop. If i click Reset and restart the loop starts again as soon as i select the ARMA2.exe again.

What can i do now?

Zeep,

I had the same problem for a long time. The workaround was to deactivate the automatic mod detection feature.

Zeep,

I had the same problem for a long time. The workaround was to deactivate the automatic mod detection feature.

That works but it has no mods visible at all. How can i make it see mods?

Even when i only have it 'see' ARMA2 i can't see mods, when i enable the mod detection it keeps doing the 'scanning..' thing again.

Has development stopped for this launcher?

Sorry, I can't help you with this. When I disabled mod auto-detect the "old" mods remained visible.

That works but it has no mods visible at all. How can i make it see mods?

Even when i only have it 'see' ARMA2 i can't see mods, when i enable the mod detection it keeps doing the 'scanning..' thing again.

Has development stopped for this launcher?

From comments on the official site:

#1 by Vovchik on 2010/09/10 - 22:02

Version 3.1.1 bug.

When switching on option “Check automaticaly for mod folder†program goes to cycle “Found new modâ€->â€Restartâ€->â€Found new modâ€â€¦ Of course no new mods added. Reset didn’t help.

Reply Quote

#

#2 by Vovchik on 2010/09/15 - 00:19

I’ve found the reason of such behaviour. :) It was because of using symbols “[" and "]†in folders names. So, they have been written to the configuration file an make some mesh. It’s my fault. Sorry.

So check if you don't have any unusual characters in your modfolder names (spaces too).
Can someone answer my simple question please? Surely someone must know
As Lonedive already said add the -debug parameter to the shortcut - press properties and in the target you should have
"C:\Program Files\ArmA 2\ArmA II Launcher.exe" -debug

Of course this is only an example and your path will be probably different. After you press start a pop up window will show you the string.

What does that do?

Exactly what you're looking for.

Why don't you try?

I tried putting that command into the 'Additional command line parameters' field of the launcher, when I start there is no popup. In your example you suggest entering the command into a shortcut, however if I were to do that, I wouldn't be launching with any mods enabled.