Sign in to follow this  
CptArmA2

ArmA II launcher by alpinestars

Did you try a RESET?

I do not know, will work on a steam compatible version.

alpinestars

Yep I did Reset :(

Hope you find the problem.

I do not know, will work on a steam compatible version.

I think for your launcher to be able to work correctly with Steam Combined Operations it would need to generate this type of comand line, for example:

"-mod=C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_sm;@duala;@panthera" -nosplash

and call the ArmA2OA.exe file.

All,

version 3.1.1 is online, just a bugfix release

* Fixed beta mod parameter of OA for direct profiles

BR

alpinestars

so let me make sure i got this correct for some I'm helping with the tool;

you need to add the paramter under "Options":

-mod=C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2

?

Is it possible to include function to launch the game exe in Administrator mode? The new Battleye update requires this...

Thanks for a superb utility.

Mandrake

Is it possible to include function to launch the game exe in Administrator mode? The new Battleye update requires this...

Thanks for a superb utility.

Mandrake

I am working on a new version to start ArmA II as another OS user. Maybe I am able to release a beta version tomorrow ...

alpinestars

I am working on a new version to start ArmA II as another OS user. Maybe I am able to release a beta version tomorrow ...

alpinestars

Please try a 1st beta version. It is now possible to select another OS user/account for running ArmAII/ArmAIIOA.

Download 3.2.0 beta 1 here

launcher_320.jpg

If you are using your account, you do not have to enter a password. To use another OS account, you must type in the correct password, otherwise the launcher cannot start ArmAII or will use the standard (=logged in) user account.

I tested it with Windows XP and Windows 7 x64. Please give me a feedback, hope this will help some people to run it without logged in with an admin account.

Perhaps there are some limitations/problems concerning the internal game profiles etc., but let us see ...

BR,

alpinestars

Edited by CptArmA2

I get an error message on startup: 'Error: the following variable name contains an illegal character [ACCOUNT NAME]'

My Windows account name includes a hyphen (-), I guess this is the problem?

I get an error message on startup: 'Error: the following variable name contains an illegal character [ACCOUNT NAME]'

My Windows account name includes a hyphen (-), I guess this is the problem?

I think so, will take a look :eek:

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

I think so, will take a look :eek:

I created a new OS user "test-2" for test and it is working, no error! Tested it with Vista x86, can you please tell me your OS?

Thx,

alpinestars

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)

I am using also Windows 7 x64 (Professional, German) and there is no problem concerning a "-" in the account name. Are you using a domain/AD account?

launcher_320_2.jpg

BTW: I you use the option to launch ArmAII in context of another OS user, you should at "-name=[profile]" to addional parameters to use your ArmAII profile. Will implement it for final version.

Did anybody else try the beta version?

BR

alpinestars

Found it (thx to bensdale), it was the "-" in the computer name.

Please try beta2, can be downloaded here

BR,

alpinestars

How do I get Combined Ops to launch with this? (both A2 and OA are from Steam) I selected the paths to both exe files and click launch OA but it doesn't launch them combined. :confused:

How do I get Combined Ops to launch with this? (both A2 and OA are from Steam) I selected the paths to both exe files and click launch OA but it doesn't launch them combined. :confused:

Good question.

Good question.

Personally I do not own a steam version of ArmA II and ArmA II OA, to which exe files did you set the paths? I thought steam's version are started by steam.exe -appID.

I will work on a version supporting steam, but it is hard to develop if you are not using steam.

alpinestars

Personally I do not own a steam version of ArmA II and ArmA II OA, to which exe files did you set the paths? I thought steam's version are started by steam.exe -appID.

I will work on a version supporting steam, but it is hard to develop if you are not using steam.

alpinestars

Understand mate, I hope you're able to figure it out as I loved this launcher in A2.

I have my paths like so:

ArmA II

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2.exe

ArmA II OA

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\arma2oa.exe

Understand mate, I hope you're able to figure it out as I loved this launcher in A2.

I have my paths like so:

ArmA II

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2.exe

ArmA II OA

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\arma2oa.exe

Same here and a few others. I personally own Steam ArmA 2 (path listed above by AM, but I also have Sprocket for OA, which installed to steam directory I believe (I haven't taken a look at my machine in a week due to busy and long work schedule lately).

I'm probably missing something, but how do I get the launcher to run Arma2 in administrator mode (same as right-click on the shortcut -> run as administrator).

The option 'start game under OS user' only gives me the choice to select my normal windows account - am I supposed to create a new admin one then?

Hey guys, just registered to post this!!

Great launcher alpinstar, seriously. Freetrack compatiblity aswell as fraps? LEGEND

anyway, i use steam

(steam/steamapps/common/arma2

/------>/Arma 2:Operation Arrowhead )

I bought my arma 2 awhile ago, and OA recently

Anyway,. i put BOTH lines into settings etc, launched just arma 2: fine, changed settings to launch arma 2: OA , firstly i got an error saying couldnt find .exe or somthing in arma 2 directory, fixed that by saving the profile (Default)

Try'ed launching OA again. WALLA!!

Not a problem.... but

When i selected some mods (which are found in the arma 2 directory) and then launch, the steam window saying "Preparing to launch ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead..." pops up, but stays up and nothing else happens!!!

Without mods its fine.

Another problem, when launching OA thru steam, none of my mods are visible in the expansions section of OA menu, even tho their all in mod folders in common/ARMA 2/

(e.g. @sound,@maps)

If this could be fixed, id be soo greatfull :D thankyou.

--EDIT--

It works with @Maps, @Vehicles, @weapons, but not ACE,ACEX,JSRS or CBA, anything additional to those 3 mod folders and it has a cow...

Edited by Chugga.chugga

I'm getting this launching the beta:

erroralpinestars.png

Note: the whited out area is only capital letters and part of a quote.