Sign in to follow this  
CptArmA2

ArmA II launcher by alpinestars

in the last final version 3.0.0 i start the game with the launcher not from the beta directory.

try with: D:\ArmedAssault2\arma2oa.exe

and use the Expansion\beta tag in the launcher mod managemant

Well i cant choose the folder Expansion/beta in the mod directory of the Launcher.

When i try to add it in the "mod section" of the launcher it doesnt appear in the "Start" section under "mods".So i cant choose it there.

Does your beta folder inside the Expansion modfolder appear under "start" mod section?

I am using ArmA2 + OA (non Steam).

Edit:

Well the folder appears, after restart of the Launcher of course, but the beta doesent get loaded.

Edited by Nephris1

Great Launcher!

Using it since its release i think.

But i am also using the latest beta patches. Since the last 2 beta patches i get always config errors, when starting via Alpine Launcher.

Idont get the error msg. when i load via shortcut.

I started the beta from the launcher by

D:\ArmedAssault2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

Any suggestions?

Please use the original arma2oa.exe and activate the Expansion\beta mod. That's all!

When i target the orig. OAexe

D:\ArmedAssault2\arma2oa.exe

and add "Expansion/beta" and"Expansion" as mod noEntry errors appear throughout in ArmA2.

Please use the original arma2oa.exe and activate the Expansion\beta mod. That's all!

If you do that your not getting any of the actual game engine changes that come with the beta. You need to use the beta.exe or you may aswell not even be running the betas even tho it says in the bottom right hand corner the right version eg 152.72107

Adding the "Beta Mod" is only getting config changes etc.

If you do that your not getting any of the actual game engine changes that come with the beta. You need to use the beta.exe or you may aswell not even be running the betas even tho it says in the bottom right hand corner the right version eg 152.72107

Adding the "Beta Mod" is only getting config changes etc.

The launcher detects a selected beta mod and uses automatically the right engine. To test it, start the launcher with -debug, e.g. "D:\ArmA2\ArmA II Launcher.exe -debug". Hopefully the right beta exe will be used. Please keep in mind, mod "beta" is for ArmA II only, mod "Expansion\beta" for ArmA II OA.

alpinestars

Yea but is it using the exe from the "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta" to play the game or the exe from "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2" but with added beta in the mod line only?

Yea but is it using the exe from the "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta" to play the game or the exe from "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2" but with added beta in the mod line only?

If you selected the arma2.exe in "settings" tab and activated the mod "beta", the launcher will use the ..\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe. On the other hand, if you selected arma2oa.exe and activated the mod "Expansion\beta", the launcher will you the ..\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe.

All,

just some little changes.

* Autostart option for fraps

* New arrangement in parameters/options tab, now encluding the option for game version

* Corrected link in about tab to new website

* Some tooltips added

BR,

alpinestars

Is the Autostart TrackIR not working currently? I see it in my Options Tab but it's like grayed out and I can not select it. I do have TrackIR installed obviously.... just wanted to check if there was something I can do... It does detect my Fraps now with version 3.0.1 but still no TIR.

I was getting the errors with OA beta too. Fixed it by adding "-mod=Expansion\beta\Expansion" to the Additional command line parameters. This folder is not in the mods section and the beta doesn't work correctly without it for me.

One question: Should be the mod "Arma 2/Expansion" active when playing OA or not, or it doesn't matter?

I was getting the errors with OA beta too. Fixed it by adding "-mod=Expansion\beta\Expansion" to the Additional command line parameters. This folder is not in the mods section and the beta doesn't work correctly without it for me.

Cannot understand, because if I select mod "Expansion\beta" the Launcher automatically adds the needed parameters, here is my result when starting with -debug.

debug300.jpg

What shows -debug on your installation?

Thx,

alpinestars

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

;1692145']Is the Autostart TrackIR not working currently? I see it in my Options Tab but it's like grayed out and I can not select it. I do have TrackIR installed obviously.... just wanted to check if there was something I can do... It does detect my Fraps now with version 3.0.1 but still no TIR.

Which version of TrackIR are you using and what OS?

Thanks for the answer. I realized where the problem was. I was using the "Arma 2/Expansion" mod and that messed it up. From what I understand, that mod serves no purpose in the list as it's loaded automatically with OA. Maybe you could hide/remove it in the next update to avoid confusion.

Great tool by the way. Nice to see you are still updating it regularly.

Edited by Hedo

Hi

First off, great mod/ArmA2 launcher program.

I have been using this launcher since ArmA2 but since OA came out, a bit of confusion has crept in, though I have found some answers reading the recent posts. I got OA from Sprocket and by default installed in to my ArmA2 (boxed) folder. The two things it added of note to this folder was the file "arma2OA.exe" and a folder "expansion".

Now for a few questions:

1. Why is it that the "Expansion" folder, though not a mod looking folder, is essentially identified as a "mod folder" by the launcher? Doesn't the arma2OA.exe file automatically reference that folder? Is there any need for the folder "expansion" to be listed in my mod folder list or should I remove it? (edit: just noticed the last poster also queried this, awaiting on an official explanation)

2. Why is it that in the launcher Mods tab, the FULL mod folder path name is shown (C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2\@ZeusAI) instead of the just the mod folder name itslef (eg. @ZeusAI)? I now have that Mod list populated by long/short path name entries of the same mod folder (like in the example I have shown) for all the mods that I added BEFORE I installed OA and the latest version of this launcher.

3. What actually is required for the launcher to automatically identify a folder in the Arma2 install directory as a "mod folder"? Any sub-folder that is not there by default?

4. Not necessarily related to the launcher but related to understanding what is going on: if installing OA over ArmA2 gives you a "Combined Arms" install (implication you can play both ArmA2 and OA content), why is it that when viewing the multiplayer internet server browser, you only really see OA specific maps/missions etc and no ArmA2 s based maps/missions? If I want to find internet servers hosting ArmA2 maps/missions I have start up arma2.exe like days of old.

5. When considering Arma2, Combined Arms and OA, does OA relate just to installs of the expansion WITHOUT ArmA2 being installed? Or (for whatever reason), can a player who installed OA over Arma2 CHOOSE to run either "Combined Arms" or "OA"? If so why would they want to run "OA" rather than "Combined Arms"?

Cheers

Bull

Edited by Bullman

Hi

First off, great mod/ArmA2 launcher program.

I have been using this launcher since ArmA2 but since OA came out, a bit of confusion has crept in, though I have found some answers reading the recent posts. I got OA from Sprocket and by default installed in to my ArmA2 (boxed) folder. The two things it added of note to this folder was the file "arma2OA.exe" and a folder "expansion".

Now for a few questions:

1. Why is it that the "Expansion" folder, though not a mod looking folder, is essentially identified as a "mod folder" by the launcher? Doesn't the arma2OA.exe file automatically reference that folder? Is there any need for the folder "expansion" to be listed in my mod folder list or should I remove it? (edit: just noticed the last poster also queried this, awaiting on an official explanation)

I will mask this modfolder "Expansion" if really not needed.

2. Why is it that in the launcher Mods tab, the FULL mod folder path name is shown (C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2\@ZeusAI) instead of the just the mod folder name itslef (eg. @ZeusAI)? I now have that Mod list populated by long/short path name entries of the same mod folder (like in the example I have shown) for all the mods that I added BEFORE I installed OA and the latest version of this launcher.

Did you read my hint to RESET the launcher after upgrading to 3.0.0 ? ;-) It's neccessary due to some major changes. Now every mod is addressed by his full path!

3. What actually is required for the launcher to automatically identify a folder in the Arma2 install directory as a "mod folder"? Any sub-folder that is not there by default?

The launcher takes a look in every folder and searches for a subfolder "addons".

4. Not necessarily related to the launcher but related to understanding what is going on: if installing OA over ArmA2 gives you a "Combined Arms" install (implication you can play both ArmA2 and OA content), why is it that when viewing the multiplayer internet server browser, you only really see OA specific maps/missions etc and no ArmA2 s based maps/missions? If I want to find internet servers hosting ArmA2 maps/missions I have start up arma2.exe like days of old.

The behaviour and therefore the shown results are related to the selected *.exe. This keeps the ServerBrowser running "fast". What, if you select the OA *.exe and join a ArmA II game?

5. When considering Arma2, Combined Arms and OA, does OA relate just to installs of the expansion WITHOUT ArmA2 being installed? Or (for whatever reason), can a player who installed OA over Arma2 CHOOSE to run either "Combined Arms" or "OA"? If so why would they want to run "OA" rather than "Combined Arms"?

Don't know

Edited by CptArmA2

Thanks for the reply.

I will mask this modfolder "Expansion" if really not needed.

OK...though I am no expert on this, was just asking. As far as I know listing the "Arma2/Expansion" folder as a mod folder serves no purpose when using the launcher (except to confuse people).

Did you read my hint to RESET the launcher after upgrading to 3.0.0 ? ;-) It's neccessary due to some major changes. Now every mod is addressed by his full path!

OK, I have RESET my launcher and started again. OK, so full path names are in.

The launcher takes a look in every folder and searches for a subfolder "addons".

OK (and therefore identifies the Expansion folder as a mod folder).

The behaviour and therefore the shown results are related to the selected *.exe. This keeps the ServerBrowser running "fast". What, if you select the OA *.exe and join a ArmA II game?

So is it now theoretically possible to play/host the same ArmA2 missions on servers that are "Combined Arms" that were previously hosted on Arma2 servers prior to OA? If so, will there be any interface differences if the mission is played/hosted on "Combined Arms" installs?

Don't know

Hmm...still looking for an answer to this.

One more question I need to clarify:

When using the launcher to launch Combined Arms with the OA beta patches, do I just need to ensure that the mod "Expansion/beta" is active?

Cheers

Bull

One more question I need to clarify:

When using the launcher to launch Combined Arms with the OA beta patches, do I just need to ensure that the mod "Expansion/beta" is active?

Yes, the Launcher will choose the beta *.exe and will add all neccessary -mod entries.

All,

Release notes

* Support of direct shortcuts loading a profile w/o starting the launcher

* Folder “Expansion†excluded from automatic modfolder detection

* Some minor bugfixes

* Fixed French translation

BR

alpinestars

I can't get this Launcher to work, It runs fine when I don't select any of the Mods, But as soon as I select Mods the game won't launch.

Oh and do I use "_runA2CO" instead of "ArmA2OA(exe)" to run the game in Combined Ops mode (Steam) ?

Thx

I can't get this Launcher to work, It runs fine when I don't select any of the Mods, But as soon as I select Mods the game won't launch.

Did you try a RESET?

Oh and do I use "_runA2CO" instead of "ArmA2OA(exe)" to run the game in Combined Ops mode (Steam) ?

I do not know, will work on a steam compatible version.

alpinestars