Sign in to follow this  
CptArmA2

ArmA II launcher by alpinestars

I had to revert to version 1.6.4 to get ACE to work. With version 2 i would always get the "ACEX_c_men_usarmy requires Ace_c_gear" error and ACE wouldnt be loaded properly ingame.

I tried all the mod order priority i could think of, I assume that is the error.

So its working properly now with 1.6.4.

Thanks for the update!

I have the same problem as SNKMAN.

Do it restart now after every modfolder? That would take ages here. :(

Did you consider to automatically sort the server in the gamespy view after player count?

I had to revert to version 1.6.4 to get ACE to work. With version 2 i would always get the "ACEX_c_men_usarmy requires Ace_c_gear" error and ACE wouldnt be loaded properly ingame.

I tried all the mod order priority i could think of, I assume that is the error.

So its working properly now with 1.6.4.

Please try it again with "-debug" option ("ArmA II Launcher.exe" -debug) and compare the output of v1.6.4 and v2.0.0. Are there differences?

Thank you,

alpinestars

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

Thanks for the update!

I have the same problem as SNKMAN.

Do it restart now after every modfolder? That would take ages here. :(

Did you consider to automatically sort the server in the gamespy view after player count?

I made a new version (also 2.0.0), please download it again --> http://arma2.spacequadrat.de/ArmA%20II%20Launcher%202.0.0.zip

You must delete the "ArmA II Launcher.cfg" located in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ArmA II Launcher\Config\ (here Vista)

Please give me a feedback!

alpinestars

gday alpinestars :)

thanks for the quick update. Same problem.

That said before 2.0.0 I had a configuration file, gamespy.exe and one more file in the same

folder. These are all gone now. Only ArmA II Launcher.exe left.

Are these file now stored elsewhere?

XP32b here.

That said before 2.0.0 I had a configuration file, gamespy.exe and one more file in the same

XP32b here.

Yes, with 2.0.0 all other files are stored in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ArmA II Launcher\ (Vista / 7) or C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\ ... (don't know because don't work at the moment at XP)

They are not compatible with the once of version 1.6.x

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

XP32b here.

BTW: Did you delete the ArmA II Launcher.cfg in the AppDir???

How is your mod priority list? Try to reverse them.

nope same thing. only mods checked (ACE, ACEX, ACE rsync pack, CBA, beta)

loads straight into normal Arma w/o the ACE splash and no ACE content appears. Worked just fine with 1.6.x :confused:

C:\Documents and Settings\ACC\AppData\ArmA II Launcher

That said, I dont like this change at all. Makes it less transparent and annoying to find.

Still very well made implementation of profiles!

found an annoying bug, when I add new modfolder, the launcher reset itself (which is fine) and the whole mod priority list reset itself (which is not fine)

found an annoying bug, when I add new modfolder, the launcher reset itself (which is fine) and the whole mod priority list reset itself (which is not fine)

Sorry, but all these things are working for me :( I can add and delete mod folder in different folders or even drives. The launcher detects these changes for the next start.

Which OS do you use?

Sorry, but all these things are working for me :( I can add and delete mod folder in different folders or even drives. The launcher detects these changes for the next start.

Which OS do you use?

Scratch that, it worked fine now... before it didnt work. not sure what happened. I use win7 64bit

Thx for this nice launcher!!!

I am agreed with Kju. Pls save the launcher cfg in the arma II directorie

Thx for this nice launcher!!!

I am agreed with Kju. Pls save the launcher cfg in the arma II directorie

There are pros and cons!

Pro: You want it, because it is nearest to the *.exe

Cons: The config now exists of the *.cfg and perhaps many (thousands ;) ) *.profiles. Both should be in the same folder. I noticed several times, that users downloaded the ArmA II Launcher to desktop and start it there. They are surprised of having a *.cfg, gslist.exe etc. on desktop ...

Thx,

alpinestars

There are pros and cons!

Pro: You want it, because it is nearest to the *.exe

Cons: The config now exists of the *.cfg and perhaps many (thousands ;) ) *.profiles. Both should be in the same folder. I noticed several times, that users downloaded the ArmA II Launcher to desktop and start it there. They are surprised of having a *.cfg, gslist.exe etc. on desktop ...

Thx,

alpinestars

I don't understand the desire to have the config file to be in a particular location. There is no need to manually edit it. Why does it matter where it is? The application data directories are there for that reason, so other more visible locations don't get cluttered with tons of files that were not meant to be directly edited. I think the way you have it now makes sense...

As there are still people that care to understand their PC.

Having profiles in some obscure, by default hidden location, isn't the way to go,

even if Microsoft wants you believe that.

As far as i can tell each new iteration of latest MS OS is going more and more in the direction of "not putting any config files in the Program Files folder".

The more you still do it, the more you run into issues on newer MS OS's.

anyone got ACE working with this launcher yet? I'm so confused as everything worked fine before, and it works fine in any other launcher i try

btw, anyone got a link to version 1.6.x?

Edited by AnimalMother92

No ACE is not working with this launcher i heard the earlier version did, somehow it is loading not all things.

Also i tried to delete addons but that didn't worked either.

I used YOMA to download, and useing this to launch all works fine with me.

still not fixed with 2.01. CptArma2 any ideas? ACE install went smoothly, everything was golden with 1.6.x and all my mods loaded properly. Installed 2.0, and the game loads up w/o error messages but no ACE content is loaded despite being checked. Works in any other launcher I try, so I know the install is fine. This is just aggravating me cuz this is my favorite launcher by far :(

Has anyone figured out how to get this working right? I keep getting it saying i have new or deleted mods and restarts. then restarts, then restarts................................... infinity. i can't manually add mods either.

What do i do?

Has anyone figured out how to get this working right? I keep getting it saying i have new or deleted mods and restarts. then restarts, then restarts................................... infinity. i can't manually add mods either.

What do i do?

Download 2.0.1 and delete the "ArmA II Launcher.cfg" located in C:\Users\[uSERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\ArmA II Launcher\Config\ (Vista or 7).

Without deletion this story of found or deleted mods will never end!!!

BTW: You can access the folder by typing %APPDATA%\ArmA II Launcher in "Run" or "Windows Explorer" ;)

alpinestars

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

still not fixed with 2.01. CptArma2 any ideas? ACE install went smoothly, everything was golden with 1.6.x and all my mods loaded properly. Installed 2.0, and the game loads up w/o error messages but no ACE content is loaded despite being checked. Works in any other launcher I try, so I know the install is fine. This is just aggravating me cuz this is my favorite launcher by far :(

I did not know ACE 2 before, just downloaded it yesterday from armaholic.com. The Launcher does not manipulate or change any files or folders, it only starts the arma2.exe with command line paramaters. I you start the "ArmA II Launcher.exe" with "-debug" you will see the command line parameters!

debug_info.jpg

The same behaviour must appear if you manually use the parameters!

So, what you have to enter by hand for starting ACE 2?

Thx,

alpinestars