Sign in to follow this  
CptArmA2

ArmA II launcher by alpinestars

Do you have to do anything special to get it to auto start trackir?

That checkbox is greyed out for me.

Otherwise, working nicely!

If I cannot find the TrackIR executable, it is greyed out.

Do you have the following registry key?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\App Paths\TrackIR.Exe

-alpinestars-

This is great, but shouldn't the maxmem command be 2047 instead of 2048 ?

Didn't some developper say that if its anything over 2047 it resets to default or something? I might be wrong tho ?

I don't have that registry entry.

I am running TrackIR5 beta, and Win 7 64bit RC if that matters.

I had TrackIR 4 installed, then installed 5, and then uninstalled 4. I wonder if that process removed that reg entry.

What is the value of that entry, just the path to the .exe? If so, is it just a string value.

I will try to manually create it to see if that works.

Cheers!

Edited by mojoflow

Got it working guys.. Works great! Thanks for the great addon!

I point it to the exe in the SteamApps/common/AramAII folder and put the @mod folders in the same place.

I don't have that registry entry.

I am running TrackIR5 beta, and Win 7 64bit RC if that matters.

I had TrackIR 4 installed, then installed 5, and then uninstalled 4. I wonder if that process removed that reg entry.

What is the value of that entry, just the path to the .exe? If so, is it just a string value.

I will try to manually create it to see if that works.

Cheers!

Someone else had got the same problem ... As far as I know he reinstalled TrackIR and got the registry entry, but I don't know his OS.

Just a question !

Why is there an option to start the free track ( it was a nice idea ) ?? Coz the free track is not supported on Arma II .... Or you got some news about it ?

Just a question !

Why is there an option to start the free track ( it was a nice idea ) ?? Coz the free track is not supported on Arma II .... Or you got some news about it ?

Just click on the [?] ;)

I have a small suggestion. Can you make it possible to resize the server browser window? Also saving favourite servers would be a nice touch :).

Can we add the desire servers into a list and is it possible to see what players are in?

Hi Alpinestars,

When we select the new Beta-Arma2.exe, the default directory for the addons is the beta-directory.

Is it possible to change it to the standard-default directory?(for automatic @ Addons)

Hi Alpinestars,

When we select the new Beta-Arma2.exe, the default directory for the addons is the beta-directory.

Is it possible to change it to the standard-default directory?(for automatic @ Addons)

Is there a beta arma2.exe yet? I think, it might be worth to implement a key for "beta-testing", I will see ...

You know what i mean?

Your Launcher was absolute fabulous before beta-patches appear.(and still:))

Now, when you select the ArmA2.exe of the Beta-Patch, only this directory is used for addons.

At the moment, if we use the beta-exe we must deactivate the checkbutton

"check automaticlly for @....." before we select the ArmA-beta executable to hold the selected @Addons in your launcher.

Otherwise there is only the beta-folder for addons available,you know what i mean?

I think it would be better if BI would use the recommended "@" sign for beta patches and addons.

Thanks again for your Launcher!

Edited by Reserve

The beta releases work like this...

The "beta" folder is basically a modfolder - it should be launched as a modfolder - FIRST IN LINE

The beta "arma2.exe" is INSIDE the beta folder, but a shortcut to it should "start in" the main Arma2 directory - where the other normal modfolders live...

I've just tried this launcher and I have to say it's GREAT! - quick and easy, just like the Kegetys launcher I've been using for years, however... the addition of Mod Folder Priority is a BIG plus - I was just rambling recently in another thread how important this can be sometimes - and, icing on the cake - Freetrack Autolaunch!!! hehehe - great!!!

Thanks!!!

B

Yes you are right.

but then you must replace the "1.03-Arma2.exe" with the new beta"Arma2.exe" and rename the beta-folder to @beta-folder.

Then it works like before beta-patches.

If you only select the beta"ArmA2.exe" in the beta-folder as the executable, then no mods are in the launcher markable, only in beta-folder where no @addons are in.

its not so difficult.

All,

please try the new version (0.9.0), I added support of the "standard" beta executable, found in the directory "/beta/". To choose the beta exe, just select the checkbox "Use beta executable" in setting dialogue.

Do not hesitate to give me a feedback :cool:

Thx,

alpinestars

Thanks for your very fast support .

Works like a charm now.

All,

please try the new version (0.9.0), I added support of the "standard" beta executable, found in the directory "/beta/". To choose the beta exe, just select the checkbox "Use beta executable" in setting dialogue.

Do not hesitate to give me a feedback :cool:

Thx,

alpinestars

perfection!

beta+mods=profit

All,

Please give me a feedback concerning bugs, missed features etc.

I gave a feedback and question but i had no answer.

I ask again:

Is it possible to creat a server list, say our regular servers on to a list, and is it possible to see the list of player that are in the server?

Also is it possible to have some kind of sounds so we can identify the server status, ie, if the mission ends and admin go to mission selection would be nice to know by sounds that mission ended and people are preparing a new mission. This is useful for those who are Alt tabed or waiting distracted and so on.

I like this ArmA II launcher idea but if it does not have the features i pointed out, it is completely useless for me.

Thank you for your attention.

edit: Also is it possible to have an option to open TrackIr before launching ArmA2? Sometimes track Ir is forgotten..

Edited by bravo 6

Is it possible to creat a server list, say our regular servers on to a list, and is it possible to see the list of player that are in the server?

Also is it possible to have some kind of sounds so we can identify the server status, ie, if the mission ends and admin go to mission selection would be nice to know by sounds that mission ended and people are preparing a new mission. This is useful for those who are Alt tabed or waiting distracted and so on.

I like this ArmA II launcher idea but if it does not have the features i pointed out, it is completely useless for me.

The server list is more or less a static list with a delay of some minutes, so that it make no sense to show connected player, the status of the server or end of maps etc. As I described I am using this list http://arma2.swec.se/server/list .

At this moment I do not know how to get all this data realtime, I need a direct and free API towards e.g. hlsw. Any idea?

Thank you, alpinestars, for this launcher and the regular updates. It is the only launcher I use regularly because it offers so many practical features and because it is so simple to use. But I only use it for SP-gaming.

The short list of "favourite game servers" (perhaps with a possibility to store the passwords) and the sound notification system bravo 6 suggested would definitely make the launcher much more useful for MP needs.

Would it be possible to add voice servers to the launcher, too? Could you add a feature which lists all Teamspeak, Mumble, Shockvoice, Ventrillo servers (plus a short list of favourite voice servers with an option to store nicknames and passwords) and launches the right voice communication software?

I have absolutely no idea how much work this would be and if you have enough time to do it - please just ignore this posting if I'm asking too much.

Edit: I have just seen your posting '# 46. I understand that this means "no" for the sound notifications, but what about a short list of "favourite servers"?

Edited by Alpha-Kilo

Thank you for all your feedback and ideas. On my personal roadmap are so many further functionalities, but I don't have much time to do it. I will try my very best :)

One of the next functionalities will be to define profiles that includes chosen start parameters and also servers. That means you will be able to create a profile for playing on server #1 with parameters xyz and another profile for playing on server #2 with parameters 123 ...

Another point will be to launch further applications before executing ArmA II etc.

Thx,

alpinestars

The server list is more or less a static list with a delay of some minutes, so that it make no sense to show connected player, the status of the server or end of maps etc. As I described I am using this list http://arma2.swec.se/server/list .

At this moment I do not know how to get all this data realtime, I need a direct and free API towards e.g. hlsw. Any idea?

Im not the right person to tell you how its done. But i know the method i described existed for OFP and ArmA1.

Players could create a list of servers they wanted. The program would inform if the server was playing, waiting, briefing and had useful sounds. Players would know when to join the server.

Maybe someone more informed then me can help you out and do this correctly.

Good luck! ;)

Most features you are looking for are in AddonSync2009

Works for Arma,Arma2,can check for players on server, can monitor server, can autolaunch when needed, can download/upload addons, can create modsets for different servers, modsets are kept on a per game basis so you don't need to worry about launching with other game's mods, can import server profiles via file association, has a server browser, favorites browser, autodetection of Arma.exe, Arma2.exe, can launch dedi servers of both games with a given modset, can define modorder (launch string editable),can launch any tool you want before launching the game.

Doesn't have manual at the moment, but this will come when i get the time.

Some hints for the author of this nice tool: check google for "c# gamespy"

(if the tool is made in C#).

Link to AddonSync2009 in my siggy.

Edited by Yoma