Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

remove/replace helmets and hats?

hi i was wondering if there is an easy way to switch what hat a character is wearing using the init line and also if someone has a list of the technical helmet/hat names.

for example if i wanted to place the assault rifleman helmet on a team leader or put a marpat boonie on a rifleman etc

thanks in advance

I've also wondered how to put a cammo face on my guy as even when I go a Force Recon guy it puts on my defualt face when the rest of the team has cool cammo faces.

well i know how to do that put setface "Face#" in the init line of your character.

with Face# being the name of the face or camo scheme. however changing helmets is something i cant figure out and i hope someone can help! :confused:

AFAIK that's part of the unit model, without modelling another unit without helmet and with the boonie hat, I don't believe you can achieve what you're trying to do. While its been made an option to switch between headgear in Schnapsdrosel's unit mod using the glasses option in the player control panel, that's purely a function of his mod, and as far as I know that wouldn't be possible unless you re-did the models of the units without helmets and then had the helmet/hat as an accessory model type thing that could be optionally 'equipped' on a character like sunglasses currently are.

It is an intersting idea that you raised though, as the idea of having helmets/headgear and other bits of kit as 'randomised accessories' in the way that AI will sometimes randomly be wearing sunglasses etc, could be used as a way to produce decent levels of individualisation among units with the same basic soldier models, the problem with that is that it would require re-doing all the models without helmets and whatever accessories you wanted to randomise, etc and then I'm sure it would chew up more cpu runtime etc.

Edited by r3volution